oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

In his interview on mfc.co.uk Karanka does say that he had to be fair to the players who got us this far (regarding selection). Like a poster a few back said.... Now that some fell short today, it's a green light to make some justified changes. I suppose he's managing a bunch of egos... but now he can tell anyone he drops that they need to fight to get their place back.

He also said the side will probably be different on Tuesday, which is positive.

I still don't get the Kike Sola selection though. He didn't help get us here!!? - anyone explain that one? (I think the earlier theory that he's sleeping with AK is wrong). LOL

COME ON BORO....

AK has said that other players made AK look bad as well, so...expect to see more of him!

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimi - good

Nsue - good

Ayala - good

Gibson - good

De Laet - good

Clayton - busy, good tackling, distribution five when simple

Leadbitter - wild in first half, better in second

Adomah - meh

Kike 2 - not a professional footballer

Downing - meh

Nugent - can run and run and run. He's rubbish though.

Kalas - looked nervous at times

Stuani - offers nothing from the wing.

Rhodes - one shot, on target.

Why was Downing meh? More of a reasoning please?

Highlights suggest ALL of our attack went through him.

I was at the match.  I disagree with the highlights.  He was poor, in both positions.

Then how come every noteworthy chance involved him in a big way?

I mean, I know highlights can be deceiving and maybe he wasn't great but on a day when we didn't create very much the fact that everything we did create stemmed from Downing says a lot I think.

Sounds like you've both got a point. He seemed poor for the full match but when it comes to having a player of better quality, he is going to be at the forefront of chances created. It's difficult to leave him out because that is what he's capable of, even when he's poor. He can have a poor game and create chances. We put them away and you forget about the rest of his performance. If we don't, it's easier to say he's been poor.

He wasn't poor. He was less influential in the second, but was easily MOTM in the first. Constantly driving forward, he got no help at all, De Laet wasn't overlapping like Friend - you could see Downing looking for where De Laet should be.

Likewise when Downing was cutting inside and looking for the 10, he was in the box instead of lurking outside it. Grant Hanley is too good, and big, a centre half to be constantly whipping balls into the box. 

If we had two Downings, we'd be doing very well. Lets hope Ramirez and Rhodes are the players he needs around him.

I've had enough of been disappointed & won't post again until after the MK Dons game.

I see all the traits of last season & I think AK will mess promotion up again.

Don't win the next three games & a mod is welcome to delete my account.

Absolutely fed up.

You see all the traits of last season? Which traits would they be

4231 works we just need to start playing the right personnel. Why Ramirez didn't start behind Rhodes today is beyond me but it's up to Aitor at the end of the day. Hopefully we see a changed and more inspired attack on tuesday.

I've had enough of been disappointed & won't post again until after the MK Dons game.

Absolutely fed up.

Why was this post modified? Will was right. It's pathetic, reactionary, and attention seeking. All this 'I'm not posting anymore'. For gods sake.

4231 works we just need to start playing the right personnel. Why Ramirez didn't start behind Rhodes today is beyond me but it's up to Aitor at the end of the day. Hopefully we see a changed and more inspired attack on tuesday.

I think others are right, in hindsight.

This game was a "I kept faith in players and it didn't work now I can make changes" line up.

Ye again, I'm quite happy with the system just the personnel. Nearly every Boro fan would have started Ramirez and Rhodes today. We simply have to play our best team every game.

Absolutely fed up.

Why was this post modified? Will was right. It's pathetic, reactionary, and attention seeking. All this 'I'm not posting anymore'. For gods sake.

Go and look up reactionary in the dictionary.

Absolutely fed up.

To knee-jerk is to react. I'm sorry if the word I used didn't quite fit, I'll use knee-jerk next time. You were well aware of what I meant though. No need to be an *** about it.

Absolutely fed up.

To knee-jerk is to react. I'm sorry if the word I used didn't quite fit, I'll use knee-jerk next time. You were well aware of what I meant though. No need to be an *** about it.

I don't know what an *** is. I was merely pointing out that reactionary means something other than what you think it means.

I also disagree with your earlier posts for other reasons, but I'm not prepared to call you names.

In other news...

We were very poor today. I blame AK. The team he picked was poor.