oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

I guess we got a goal back which is a positive. And we gained a point on hull. We need to get back to winning ways. Hopefully Rhodes and ramirez start on Tuesday and we kick on. Still plenty of time left in the season. I understand people worrying because we don't want to blow it and we shouldn't with our squad. So stay calm and let's get back to winning ways on Tuesday. I don't care if it's a one nil win. I just want three points again.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

have to say i hope Steve Gibson doesn't read oneboro because he might just find out what a bunch of bed wetting ungrateful fans we are , unlike some people i have full faith in AK were 2nd with with 2pts clear of 3rd and two games in hand .

We've not become a terrible team over night it's just a bad patch so will people man up and stop taking swipes at players that are in OUR team and need OUR support" WE ARE NOT DERBY FANS" Remember

My son (who is on here) and I ditched our season tickets due to these type of "fans" and just went to all away and a few home games because of these so called "fans". I spent more time being wound up and arguing than actually enjoying the game. I don't know where to start with some of this drivel. Expert opinions like Nugent e.g. " just runs around a lot" forgetting his excellent channell runing, team play and oh yes the GOAL he scored. I could honestly give a few people on here a good old fashioned slapping.I might go to the pub today and listen to some man u fans moan about how they are so *** - at least it will humor me.

Go and sit with red faction. There are a lot less there.

Moving on should AK consider changing the Clayton/Leadbitter partnership now?

Yes or we will get points docked....leadbitter is banned :)

No he's not, he's now got 9 (8 in the league, 1 in the cup)

From my point of view and I'll try not to use words like pathetic embarrassing clueless etc

I'd stick with leadbitter and clays They've proved they are the best 2 in the league and deserve a chance to dig themselves out the hole

Rohdes should start. Kike had his chance and for whatever reason didn't grab it

Ramirez. Needs a couple of half hours he's not played in months so starts on the bench for me

Nugent did his job so keeps the shirt

The rest AK needs to make a decision on

I don't know why but we've looked so fragile and shaky at the back during this blip. What was once our strength is now our weakness. Ayala who looked an absolute rock at the back a month or so ago, looked shocking in the 1st half highlights.

I don't know whether it's through lack of confidence, complacency, team not defending effectively as a unit but something has to be done about it.

Moving on should AK consider changing the Clayton/Leadbitter partnership now?

Yes or we will get points docked....leadbitter is banned :)

No he's not, he's now got 9 (8 in the league, 1 in the cup)

Yeh saw that after I'd posted

All teams have blips. Brighton couldn't win for toffee. Derby have had a big drop. Burnley started really badly. But there all up with us now. As long as our little blip doesn't affect confidence we will get out of it and be stronger at the business end of the season

Yep agree with Rich. It's not a bad time to have a blip, come through Feb with a bit more confidence and finish strongly March and April. Hopefully other teams will have their blip at the business end.

Ak Quote:Karanka knew where to point the finger of blame.

“The problem was Kike was completely lost because five or six players did nothing,” said the Middlesbrough FC boss.

“For this reason it is difficult to come into this league - which is a difficult league - when your team mates do nothing it is difficult to perform

Give credit to the boss he knows his eggs

Yeah but it's crap really isn't it like a lot of what he says post match.

From my point of view and I'll try not to use words like pathetic embarrassing clueless etc

I'd stick with leadbitter and clays   They've proved they are the best 2 in the league and deserve a chance to dig themselves out the hole

Ramirez. Needs a couple of half hours he's not played in months so starts on the bench for me

Nope.  Maybe best two defensive midfielders but certainly not best two midfielders.  It's really crazy but somehow people are being brainwashed into believing that all midfielders need to be able to do is protect the back four.  Why is that because it seems to be unique to this club?

seems we need to make a few tweeks to the system again. we have a few players out of form and tbh i thinking the likes of downing only playing premier league will be feeling the pace  of the championship now. same goes for all the other ever presents during out good run. you cant play the same 11 and expect the same level of performance all season. the team what never conceded for 10 game or whatever is flagging and losing form. away at MK dons we should be playing Rhodes, stuani, ramirez and adomah as the front 4 with forshaw coming in for grant. dont know how serious ayala's injury is Kalas will have to fill in for now. at mk dons start with this.

-------------Rhodes

adomah----ramirez----stuani

---------clayton forshaw

de laet-- gibbo kalas---- nsue

we need the likes of leadbitter and downing with fully recharged batteries for the run in.

We've just had a 2 week break Kev, fatigue shouldnt be an issue at all, id be happy to see your front 4 on Tuesday though.

its not the physical fatigue, its the mental fatigue. constantly on the go jumping from match to match without a break. the mind tires more than the legs. we all need a beak at some point. we have one in between each shift cycle or weekend. the players are living a good life but it does have a lot of pressure to go with it. thats why all the foreign coaches want a christmas break.

I'd stick with leadbitter and clays   They've proved they are the best 2 in the league and deserve a chance to dig themselves out the hole

Nope.  Maybe best two defensive midfielders but certainly not best two midfielders.  It's really crazy but somehow people are being brainwashed into believing that all midfielders need to be able to do is protect the back four.  Why is that because it seems to be unique to this club?

I'd put Clayton in the bracket of one of the best midfielders in this league, not so much Grant. It's difficult to compare really though, because like you said we play with two DM's whereas a lot of other teams play a different setup.

All teams have blips.  Brighton couldn't win for toffee. Derby have had a big drop. Burnley started really badly.  But there all up with us now.   As long as our little blip doesn't affect confidence we will get out of it and be stronger at the business end of the season

Maybe the blip we had was when we went 9 games without conceding a goal - the point where we went from 4th to 1st?  Now that we can't sustain that we begin to slowly slide back down.  The last 10 games we've only scored more than one goal on two occasions.  All we're seeing now is what happens when we start conceding again and the end result is we can't win games.  If Ayala is out for any real length of time - 6 weeks or more - we could have a massive problem.

I'd put Clayton in the bracket of one of the best midfielders in this league, not so much Grant. It's difficult to compare really though, because like you said we play with two DM's whereas a lot of other teams play a different setup.

Yeah and the point is that we lack balance as a result.  They are very good at certain things but when those things aren't what we need then what happens?  We struggle.