oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

All teams have blips.  Brighton couldn't win for toffee. Derby have had a big drop. Burnley started really badly.  But there all up with us now.   As long as our little blip doesn't affect confidence we will get out of it and be stronger at the business end of the season

Maybe the blip we had was when we went 9 games without conceding a goal - the point where we went from 4th to 1st?  Now that we can't sustain that we begin to slowly slide back down.  The last 10 games we've only scored more than one goal on two occasions.  All we're seeing now is what happens when we start conceding again and the end result is we can't win games.  If Ayala is out for any real length of time - 6 weeks or more - we could have a massive problem.

Rumours are that its just 2-3 weeks. Still a devastating blow considering how many games we are playing in February mind.

We have a hit a brick wall in terms of creating chances, but I'm hoping the injection of Rhodes and Ramirez can mix things up a little bit and we can kick on from there.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put Clayton in the bracket of one of the best midfielders in this league, not so much Grant. It's difficult to compare really though, because like you said we play with two DM's whereas a lot of other teams play a different setup.

Yeah and the point is that we lack balance as a result.  They are very good at certain things but when those things aren't what we need then what happens?  We struggle.

Yep, this has been the case all season though hasn't it? I don't think Clayton/Leadbitter have become any more defensive as the seasons progressed. I agree though that we lack balance, my main concern is and has been the link up between Clayton/Leadbitter and our No 10/no 9. They always seem to play it out wide, never are they looking for that incisive through ball through the middle in my opinion. I'd love to see us play through the middle more to keep our opponents guessing, because right now we are predictable.

From my point of view and I'll try not to use words like pathetic embarrassing clueless etc

I'd stick with leadbitter and clays   They've proved they are the best 2 in the league and deserve a chance to dig themselves out the hole

Rohdes should start. Kike had his chance and for whatever reason didn't grab it

Ramirez. Needs a couple of half hours he's not played in months so starts on the bench for me

Nugent did his job so keeps the shirt

The rest AK needs to make a decision on

Nope.  Maybe best two defensive midfielders but certainly not best two midfielders.  It's really crazy but somehow people are being brainwashed into believing that all midfielders need to be able to do is protect the back four.  Why is that because it seems to be unique to this club?

Perfect example for me is Kante and Drinkwater at Leicester. Both shield the defence brilliantly, but when they break, one of them bombs forward as quickly as possible. Something neither Clayton or Leadbitter do.

Sometimes I think Clayton's forward play has been sacrificed as he is the better defence midfielder (least in my eyes) so Grant usually goes forward. He got forward and scored a lot more at Huddersfield. I'd like to see him push forward more.

Sometimes I think Clayton's forward play has been sacrificed as he is the better defence midfielder (least in my eyes) so Grant usually goes forward. He got forward and scored a lot more at Huddersfield. I'd like to see him push forward more.

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's also important that he maintains his role in DM because in my opinion he's the main reason that our defensive record has been so good so far. He makes the CB's jobs so much easier, and there's been plenty of times this season that it's been Clayton making the last ditch tackle on a player when through on goal. I'd maintain Claytons position, but either work on Leadbitters link up with the forward players, or replace him with Forshaw.

Yeah I know what you mean, but it's also important that he maintains his role in DM because in my opinion he's the main reason that our defensive record has been so good so far. He makes the CB's jobs so much easier, and there's been plenty of times this season that it's been Clayton making the last ditch tackle on a player when through on goal. I'd maintain Claytons position, but either work on Leadbitters link up with the forward players, or replace him with Forshaw.

Yeah understand what you mean here. I mentioned that he's our best DM and I believe that 100%. His game has drastically changed under Karanka but it's served us well until this point. My frustrations lie in the fact that we are so slow to get out when we have the ball so I feel that if we push higher up from the back, we at least start further upfield.

have to say i hope Steve Gibson doesn't read oneboro because he might just find out what a bunch of bed wetting ungrateful fans we are , unlike some people i have full faith in AK were 2nd with with 2pts clear of 3rd and two games in hand .

We've not become a terrible team over night it's just a bad patch so will people man up and stop taking swipes at players that are in OUR team and need OUR support" WE ARE NOT DERBY FANS" Remember

My son (who is on here) and I ditched our season tickets due to these type of "fans" and just went to all away and a few home games because of these so called "fans". I spent more time being wound up and arguing than actually enjoying the game. I don't know where to start with some of this drivel. Expert opinions like Nugent e.g. " just runs around a lot" forgetting his excellent channell runing, team play and oh yes the GOAL he scored. I could honestly give a few people on here a good old fashioned slapping.I might go to the pub today and listen to some man u fans moan about how they are so *** - at least it will humor me.

The performance was garbage.  Whine all you like about the fans but it won't change that. The great irony of course is people telling others not to take swipes at our players whilst in the next breath talking about all the changes that need to be made to the team  :rolleyes:

We just need to increase the intensity and play like every game is against Derby.

For 90 minutes we were direct and played with direction and forward thinking. Forget the side to side, pedestrian passing crap.

have to say i hope Steve Gibson doesn't read oneboro because he might just find out what a bunch of bed wetting ungrateful fans we are , unlike some people i have full faith in AK were 2nd with with 2pts clear of 3rd and two games in hand .

We've not become a terrible team over night it's just a bad patch so will people man up and stop taking swipes at players that are in OUR team and need OUR support" WE ARE NOT DERBY FANS" Remember

My son (who is on here) and I ditched our season tickets due to these type of "fans" and just went to all away and a few home games because of these so called "fans". I spent more time being wound up and arguing than actually enjoying the game. I don't know where to start with some of this drivel. Expert opinions like Nugent e.g. " just runs around a lot" forgetting his excellent channell runing, team play and oh yes the GOAL he scored. I could honestly give a few people on here a good old fashioned slapping.I might go to the pub today and listen to some man u fans moan about how they are so *** - at least it will humor me.

The performance was garbage.  Whine all you like about the fans but it won't change that. The great irony of course is people telling others not to take swipes at our players whilst in the next breath talking about all the changes that need to be made to the team  :rolleyes:

fail to see were i have mentioned about changes to the team i don't see them all week in training so i leave that to the people who do. the performance may have been off but to blame that all on kike sola like some are doing is just as garbage as the preformance was. Something isn't clicking at the moment with the team and it cant real help anyone if the fans get on the back after few duff games .

i find it funny how on this site everyone one day says how difficult the championship is then the next expect us to win every game with out blips along the way :rolleyes:

I still can't get over this.

“The problem was Kike was completely lost because five or six players did nothing,” said the Middlesbrough FC boss.

That quote on the sky report says

"The problem is the goalkeeper was completely lost because five or six players around him did nothing. It's a difficult league, and when your team-mates do nothing it's difficult to perform."

I wouldn't put all the blame on Kike Sola mate of course not and I haven't actually seen that on here but then I may have missed it. However he was absolutely lost out there in a way that I don't think players at this level should be. Karanka has come out and clearly placed the blame on his performance on other players. Personally I think that's *** as every player has to ultimately be responsible for themselves and what I saw yesterday wasn't other players making him look bad albeit some of them were making themselves look bad certainly. The Championship is as difficult as you make it, I think last season was tougher than this one and theoretically we should be stronger than we were then.

I still can't get over this.

“The problem was Kike was completely lost because five or six players did nothing,” said the Middlesbrough FC boss.

That quote on the sky report says

"The problem is the goalkeeper was completely lost because five or six players around him did nothing. It's a difficult league, and when your team-mates do nothing it's difficult to perform."

Surprise surprise sky sports get something wrong.

From my point of view and I'll try not to use words like pathetic embarrassing clueless etc

I'd stick with leadbitter and clays   They've proved they are the best 2 in the league and deserve a chance to dig themselves out the hole

Rohdes should start. Kike had his chance and for whatever reason didn't grab it

Ramirez. Needs a couple of half hours he's not played in months so starts on the bench for me

Nugent did his job so keeps the shirt

The rest AK needs to make a decision on

Nope.  Maybe best two defensive midfielders but certainly not best two midfielders.  It's really crazy but somehow people are being brainwashed into believing that all midfielders need to be able to do is protect the back four.  Why is that because it seems to be unique to this club?

I feel I need to get posts proof read by a lawyer when you read them. I think they are two of the best if not the two best but obviously and I don't feel I need to say it that's my opinion

As for all midfielders being able to protect the back four. Who said that. Although when you play with DEFENCIVE midfielders I think it's quite important