oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

have to say i hope Steve Gibson doesn't read oneboro because he might just find out what a bunch of bed wetting ungrateful fans we are , unlike some people i have full faith in AK were 2nd with with 2pts clear of 3rd and two games in hand .

We've not become a terrible team over night it's just a bad patch so will people man up and stop taking swipes at players that are in OUR team and need OUR support" WE ARE NOT DERBY FANS" Remember

My son (who is on here) and I ditched our season tickets due to these type of "fans" and just went to all away and a few home games because of these so called "fans". I spent more time being wound up and arguing than actually enjoying the game. I don't know where to start with some of this drivel. Expert opinions like Nugent e.g. " just runs around a lot" forgetting his excellent channell runing, team play and oh yes the GOAL he scored. I could honestly give a few people on here a good old fashioned slapping.I might go to the pub today and listen to some man u fans moan about how they are so *** - at least it will humor me.

The performance was garbage.  Whine all you like about the fans but it won't change that. The great irony of course is people telling others not to take swipes at our players whilst in the next breath talking about all the changes that need to be made to the team  :rolleyes:

Whine? I expressed an opinion about a certain number of people who call themselves fans yet do nothing but moan and slate our team - choose your words better as I've never 'whined' in my life, I guess you are another of these people whos 'opinion' is actual fact and our opinions are of no value? I also pointed out that Nugent scored rather than 'just ran about' which I believe if you watched the game as you say you did will know that its a 'fact' Comprende?

Nugent did his job sat.  And appears to have got no praise for it

I just watched the highlights to recap, he made some good passes and linked up well, 'pressed' the back four and keeper (something Vardy gets jizzed over for doing every week) made tackles and did that scoring thing which as you say - no credit, but remember some of these are 'real fans' so I guess they know best.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

My son (who is on here) and I ditched our season tickets due to these type of "fans" and just went to all away and a few home games because of these so called "fans". I spent more time being wound up and arguing than actually enjoying the game. I don't know where to start with some of this drivel. Expert opinions like Nugent e.g. " just runs around a lot" forgetting his excellent channell runing, team play and oh yes the GOAL he scored. I could honestly give a few people on here a good old fashioned slapping.I might go to the pub today and listen to some man u fans moan about how they are so *** - at least it will humor me.

The performance was garbage.  Whine all you like about the fans but it won't change that. The great irony of course is people telling others not to take swipes at our players whilst in the next breath talking about all the changes that need to be made to the team  :rolleyes:

Whine? I expressed an opinion about a certain number of people who call themselves fans yet do nothing but moan and slate our team - choose your words better as I've never 'whined' in my life, I guess you are another of these people whos 'opinion' is actual fact and our opinions are of no value? I also pointed out that Nugent scored rather than 'just ran about' which I believe if you watched the game as you say you did will know that its a 'fact' Comprende?

I just watched the highlights to recap, he made some good passes and linked up well, 'pressed' the back four and keeper (something Vardy gets jizzed over for doing every week) made tackles and did that scoring thing which as you say - no credit, but remember some of these are 'real fans' so I guess they know best.

There is going to be a problem when we play rohdes as he doesn't do that work. Great when he's scoring but if he doesn't for a couple of games will there be a call for nugent. As I've said in a recent post you take the good parts of a player and hope they outway the bad. When we become Real Madrid we can buy players with no faults

Who said your opinion is of no value?  You're the one saying people are talking drivel and on about giving people on here a slap and getting into arguments at games.  How is that you valuing other people's opinions?

I actually agree with you about Nugent for what it's worth.  I think he got next to no help yesterday and his work rate at least was an attempt to make something happen although there were times when he seemed in danger of losing his head.  I don't think it's a coincidence that he has more assists then anyone in our squad this season as I think it's because of how he works for the team.  The problem is that he's having to spend too much time doing that unfortunately.  I was surprised when I came on here yesterday and saw some of the criticism of him as he was isolated for a lot of the game. When Rhodes came on and after our equaliser I thought Nugent looked the most likely person to make something happen.  Joint top scorer and top assists, he must be doing one or two things right at least.

But on the game overall, I can't believe anyone walked away from that happy with it at all, it was rubbish.  We should have lost and other than the fact that we grabbed a point and near the end actually looked like we gave a damn, there were no positives that come to mind.  So people moaning about it on here seems about right to me.  If I could have been bothered to then I'd have probably said a few similar things myself.

There is going to be a problem when we play rohdes as he doesn't do that work.  Great when he's scoring but if he doesn't for a couple of games will there be a call for nugent.   As I've said in a recent post you take the good parts of a player and hope they outway the bad.  When we become Real Madrid we can buy players with no faults

Look at some of the players Chelsea, ***nal, Man U and City have who have barely put two good games together - its just how things are, Nugent is certainly getting some unfair stick in my opinion.

Who said your opinion is of no value?  You're the one saying people are talking drivel and on about giving people on here a slap and getting into arguments at games.  How is that you valuing other people's opinions?

I actually agree with you about Nugent for what it's worth.  I think he got next to no help yesterday and his work rate at least was an attempt to make something happen although there were times when he seemed in danger of losing his head.  I don't think it's a coincidence that he has more assists then anyone in our squad this season as I think it's because of how he works for the team.  The problem is that he's having to spend too much time doing that unfortunately.  I was surprised when I came on here yesterday and saw some of the criticism of him as he was isolated for a lot of the game. When Rhodes came on and after our equaliser I thought Nugent looked the most likely person to make something happen.  Joint top scorer and top assists, he must be doing one or two things right at least.

But on the game overall, I can't believe anyone walked away from that happy with it at all, it was rubbish.  We should have lost and other than the fact that we grabbed a point and near the end actually looked like we gave a damn, there were no positives that come to mind.  So people moaning about it on here seems about right to me.  If I could have been bothered to then I'd have probably said a few similar things myself.

See here we go - an old fashioned slap is something my gran would do, its like - give your head a shake, and saying all Nugent did was 'run around' is drivel, because he bloody scored for a start so if its not drivel then what is it? We've had games we should have lost before and yet won, we've had games we should have won but lost,  its not just this game and you know for a fact it isn't, there are people on here who moan non stop about some players no matter what they do. I was as equally frustrated at the game and our recent struggle too - I've been a Middlesbrough fan for a very long time now and anyone stupid enough to believe we were just going to cakewalk what is probably the hardest league in the world to get out of is delusional, Brighton, Derby, Hull to name a few have had similar dips, Ive seen this all my life with the Boro and many teams and its just how it is, I don't comment that much because I read pages and pages of bitching and moaning most of the times I log on and it does my head in especially if I feel its unfounded like the Nugent stuff.

See here we go - an old fashioned slap is something my gran would do, its like - give your head a shake, and saying all Nugent did was 'run around' is drivel, because he bloody scored for a start so if its not drivel then what is it? We've had games we should have lost before and yet won, we've had games we should have won but lost,  its not just this game and you know for a fact it isn't, there are people on here who moan non stop about some players no matter what they do. I was as equally frustrated at the game and our recent struggle too - I've been a Middlesbrough fan for a very long time now and anyone stupid enough to believe we were just going to cakewalk what is probably the hardest league in the world to get out of is delusional, Brighton, Derby, Hull to name a few have had similar dips, Ive seen this all my life with the Boro and many teams and its just how it is, I don't comment that much because I read pages and pages of bitching and moaning most of the times I log on and it does my head in especially if I feel its unfounded like the Nugent stuff.

He did say he agrees with you about nugent........id take that if I was you

I think the difference is that yesterday some moaning was justified.  Not about Nugent perhaps but the overall performance certainly.  It's one thing to say not expect a cakewalk but that yesterday was a team that for 70 mins barely looked like they were making a concerted effort to win the game.  If that's harsh then fair enough but it's what I thought at the time and still think that way now.  There should be a gulf in quality between ourselves and a lot of the sides in this division in my opinion but I'm not sure how often you really see it.  In fact you can argue that we've shown it more against some of the better sides - I'm thinking Derby, Brighton and maybe Ipswich away - than we have against a lot of the lesser sides and to me that shouldn't be the case.  They looked more dangerous than we did yesterday but hopefully it is just a blip that we can start putting right on Tuesday.

We need to snap out of it that's for sure, it'll take a couple of weeks for the new lads to get used to things but we should win tue and probably at Leeds so that should be enough to fit rohdes in and give Ramirez an hour playing time

I didn't see the game yesterday obviously, I only caught the last 10 minutes as I slept in.

But even with the poor result it sounded like the new striker being brought in did light a fire under Nugent's backside. He got the reward for his effort too so kudos to him for not letting his head drop and getting on with improving his own performances. I don't know if anyone else has said it as I read a few of the posts on here and then decided not to read the rest.

I think the difference is that yesterday some moaning was justified.  Not about Nugent perhaps but the overall performance certainly.  It's one thing to say not expect a cakewalk but that yesterday was a team that for 70 mins barely looked like they were making a concerted effort to win the game.  If that's harsh then fair enough but it's what I thought at the time and still think that way now.  There should be a gulf in quality between ourselves and a lot of the sides in this division in my opinion but I'm not sure how often you really see it.  In fact you can argue that we've shown it more against some of the better sides - I'm thinking Derby, Brighton and maybe Ipswich away - than we have against a lot of the lesser sides and to me that shouldn't be the case.  They looked more dangerous than we did yesterday but hopefully it is just a blip that we can start putting right on Tuesday.

I guess I'm used to it after watching them for 40 years, we can be outstanding one minute and the same 11 incompetent the next. I'm pretty sick myself after the last three performances and now mk dons is almost a must win game although at the moment even with this dip in form we are still on course for promotion I - like many others I'm sure don't think I can cope with an end to this season like the last one.

I would say it really is a must win game just to pull us out of the slump if nothing else.

I was thinking about yesterday and the selection of Kike Sola with Stuani dropped. It strikes me that this was an attempt to get as close to playing two up top without actually doing it. Stuani couldn't play because he just wouldn't provide any chances for those two so it was Downing and Adomah. What puzzles me is that if he wanted to do that then why not do it before now with Nugent and Kike or Nugent and Stuani for example? We could have played Kike up top and Nugent just off him running the channels etc or given Stuani a run up top with one of the others as well. I just hope that we what we saw yesterday isn't evidence that Karanka doesn't really know how to sort things out and is kind of groping around for ideas.

As a manager sometimes you watch training see a player flying and a system working and try it on sat...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And even more confusing sometimes it works perfectly sat and you think you've cracked it only for it to fail big time the week after