• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I need to get posts proof read by a lawyer when you read them.   I think they are two of the best if not the two best but obviously and I don't feel I need to say it that's my opinion

As for all midfielders being able to protect the back four. Who said that.  Although when you play with DEFENCIVE midfielders I think it's quite important

Proof read by a lawyer?  Why because I have a different opinion to you?    If you're talking solely about the defensive side of their game then I probably wouldn't argue with you but if you're talking about the best midfield pairings then surely that isn't the only part of their game to consider?  3 goals from open play between them in a season and a half isn't it and maybe 5 or 6 assists from open play in the same time frame.  That's about 130 appearances in total.  When we need them to be more than just good defensive players do they deliver all that often?  I don't think they do.

Nothing to do with opinions. More to do with you thinking I've said they are definitely the best thing two in the league. Whereas I just meant they are two of the best. In my opinion

You can have 2 defensive midfielders, I think it works well for us. If you were to be critical you would expect one to have an creative edge to their game. Leadbitter is capable but Karanka keeps his handbrake on.

There have been a few moments where this has been apparent.

First game against Preston broke forward should have scored.

1st goal vs Derby, great assist from the edge of the box. He is the creative one of the 2, he just isn't allowed to be creative all the time, and then he looks limited, which he is not.

I just watched the lowlights ....lol

We looked a little off the pace generally and a little anxious. I don't see the point in having a stuck in traffic lane hopping scenario as they all know what they are doing the team just needs a good performance with the result to match it.

I feel I need to get posts proof read by a lawyer when you read them.   I think they are two of the best if not the two best but obviously and I don't feel I need to say it that's my opinion

As for all midfielders being able to protect the back four. Who said that.  Although when you play with DEFENCIVE midfielders I think it's quite important

Proof read by a lawyer?  Why because I have a different opinion to you?    If you're talking solely about the defensive side of their game then I probably wouldn't argue with you but if you're talking about the best midfield pairings then surely that isn't the only part of their game to consider?  3 goals from open play between them in a season and a half isn't it and maybe 5 or 6 assists from open play in the same time frame.  That's about 130 appearances in total.  When we need them to be more than just good defensive players do they deliver all that often?  I don't think they do.

Nothing to do with opinions. More to do with you thinking I've said they are definitely the best thing two in the league. Whereas I just meant they are two of the best. In my opinion

You can have 2 defensive midfielders, I think it works well for us. If you were to be critical you would expect one to have an creative edge to their game. Leadbitter is capable but Karanka keeps his handbrake on.

There have been a few moments where this has been apparent.

First game against Preston broke forward should have scored.

1st goal vs Derby, great assist from the edge of the box. He is the creative one of the 2, he just isn't allowed to be creative all the time, and then he looks limited, which he is not.

They are the best in the league at what they do and integral to our game plan. The two defensive midfielders aren't the issue, it's the four in front that are the problem.