oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

AK is clueless when it comes to the attacking side of management, Once our defence falls off its incredible standard AK will be & is been found out right now. We have an amazing amount of talent going forward yet the opposition keepers never get overly tested like they should.

AK's boring, dour, negative' uninspiring, football has been found out.

Unless AK changes his negative ways then he will cost us promotion just like last season.

I expect a massive improvement on Tuesday & none of the pathetic management of starting with our best players on the bench.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

AK is clueless when it comes to the attacking side of management, Once our defence falls off its incredible standard AK will be & is been found out right now. We have an amazing amount of talent going forward yet the opposition keepers never get overly tested like they should.

Unless AK changes his negative ways then he will cost us promotion just like last season.

I expect a massive improvement on Tuesday & none of the pathetic management of starting with our best players on the bench.

Well said..it seems for some reason AK has become a bit untouchable in some peoples eyes, but he does seem to be struggling at the moment..

Think people need a sense of perspective here.

We're not going to run away with the league. We were never going to run away with the league.

But (and here's the important bit) NOBODY is going to run away with the league. Look at the table, just look at it. We're second on goal difference with a game in hand over Hull and two games in hand over Burnley in third. We're in a good position, but it's very tight up there.

We've messed up, Hull have messed up, Burnley have messed up and Derby have really messed up.

That's not going to change. As it stands, we have the advantage over all of the other teams. It's up to us to make that advantage count. Starting on Tuesday.

4-2-3-1 got us where we are, no need to panic.

But we SHOULD be running away with the league. We've dropped 8 points against Bristol City, Forest and Blackburn.

I agree with a lot of stuff you say KM but this is a little far.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league, that's always been the case.

Yeah, we dropped points against those 3 teams, but lets be honest, City are scrapping for their lives and were never going to be a walkover, Forest haven't lost in something like 15 games now and Blackburn had a point to prove after selling us Rhodes.

I don't see how it's going a little far? Yes, I agree anyone can beat anyone in this division. But we have an embarrassingly strong squad, I certainly expected more than 1 goal and 1 point in our last 3 games.

How can ak say it was kiki team mates that made him look poor....is the guy sleeping with him? Its everyone elses fault.AK picked him and the reports of dressing room unease with thr kiki says to me somethings v wrong

What?

Sorry kike i meant

Another quote from ak

Karanka knew where to point the finger of blame.

“The problem was Kike was completely lost because five or six players did nothing,” said the Middlesbrough FC boss.

I was questioning the last part to be honest, where are the rumours of dressing room unrest that suggest something is very wrong.

Think one of the ITK people posted something about him being poor in training in the transfer thread.

Come on man, I've agreed with you a lot lately but now you're just getting a little OTT.

You know full well we're not boring or dour the majority of the time. We can (and have) played some unbelievable football which is why it's frustrating when we don't.

People aren't upset because we're not creating chances ever, they're upset because we're not creating chances when everyone knows we can. 

AK is overly cautious and yes, it does seem a little negative at the minute, but I can't help feel it's a confidence thing and some of the blame (a lot potentially) lies on the players.

AK can tell them how to play as much as he wants, if the players aren't confident and don't do what he asks, this is the football we get. Free kicks going backwards. 

You talk like you don't like AK, the manager that saved us from relegation in his first season here and has since taken us to the play off final and now has us 2nd in the table with 1/2 game(s) in hand on those around us.

Today was awful, recently has been awful, Karankas tactics aren't always dour and negative though.

Walking away from the ground I was thinking it's just one of them blips where everything seems awful. Get your feet up and have a few drinks, no point stressing over spilt milk. We've got the manager, tactics and the squad that is capable of getting promoted. Keep the faith.

Very poor today but a point is a point, again other results went our way, AK must accept he made a mistake with his starting line up, Blackburn came with a game plan to be physical and if we had a stronger ref there's no way they would have finished with 11 men, Nugent isolated, Kike Sola ? Downing/ Adomah ineffectual but could understand why they didn't change sides like they have done in recent games, !eadbitter too defensive, Clayton poor game by his standard, defence looked solid with De Laet slotting in well and didn't really miss George, Stuani made us more direct but the game changed when JASON Rhodes (according to the PA) came on, whether it was the change in formation or just belief but we then started passing to each other and moving the ball quicker with purpose, before that we had a 2nd half free kick 10 yards in their half 2 passes later it's with our Keeper, what's that about? We got away with it today but we have to improve and especially offensively, I just hope Ayala isn't too bad, A win on Tuesday has to be a win just to instil some confidence, After arguably our best performance of the season against Derby what's happened? UTB

Here's my thoughts for what it worth.

Kike Sola didn't work. Not entirely because he's rubbish, but more because he didn't seem to understand what he should be doing. If he was supposed to be a 10, it didn't look like it, because for most of that first half we played in a 442. And it absolutely did not work. The amount of times Downing cut inside and looked for the attacking midfielder, he wasn't there, he was in the box. We're not a team who are set up to play with two target men up top.

Rhodes definitely reinvigorated the team, but just because he's Jordan Rhodes. He too looked like he needed a proper 10 behind, a few times he looked to lay the ball off and spin into the box, but Nugent was alongside him, instead of behind. I genuinely believe that to get the best out of Rhodes, Downing or Ramirez have to be behind him.

Not sure why Downing is getting stick, he was the only one who looked like trying to create something. He looked massively frustrated.

Ritchie de Laet was mostly decent, looked a little worrying defensively, but bombs forward enough to probably make him a crowd favourite. Kalas was mostly good, Gibson was probably man of the match.

Clayton and Leadbitter weren't good. Far too often Blackburn won the second ball on the edge of our box. Where were them two? Isn't that what they're supposed to be doing? Cleaning up?

Nugent runs around a lot.

The blip ends today. Once these new players are all unleashed we'll be alright. This squad is far too good to mess this up.

I can't find one thing that I agree with in this statement. It would only be right if your judging AK on the last 4 games and not the last two years or at very least this season as a whole.

Now he has screwed up today leaving Rhodes on the bench but was unlucky with Ayala injury limiting what subs he could've used essentially.

But to call him clueless and say he's been 'Found out' is massively wide of the mark.

Ak and i quote

“But the first 70 minutes we didn’t play with the intensity we needed to, especially after out last two defeats – I thought the reaction today was going to be better, but it was only the last 20 minutes when he had some chances.”

In that full 90 minutes he was stood motionless in his technical area. No shouting or screaming at his players demanding them to improve. Showing zero emotion to the fans that he wants to win the game.

AK saying "one less game to play" is slightly concerning for me, he's counting down the games with us still in the top 2 already it seems, i wouldnt mind if it was april and he was saying that, but with plenty of games left to go, thats somewhat negative IMO.

Completely disagree. He's saying we are one game closer to going up. One game less that anyone has of getting points and we are still in the top two promotion places with a game in hand

Quite posetive for me

Ak and i quote

“But the first 70 minutes we didn’t play with the intensity we needed to, especially after out last two defeats – I thought the reaction today was going to be better, but it was only the last 20 minutes when he had some chances.”

In that full 90 minutes he was stood motionless in his technical area. No shouting or screaming at his players demanding them to improve. Showing zero emotion to the fans that he wants to win the game.

Sean Dyche shouts and screams. WOuld you take him instead?

Managers don't need to shout and scream, its not school football.

Wasn't at the game . How was nugents goal?

Did he play well? Can we all stop pishing the bed that were rubbish if Rhodes doesn't step up?

Nugent was guff as far as I'm concerned. Spent the first half moaning, looking to get himself sent off. Played better with Rhodes, when we went 2 up top surprisingly... But like he has been much of the season, a headless chicken.

Sorry, but this is utterly pathetic. Calm down a bit and have a think. Reactionary bull****.

Wasn't at the game . How was nugents goal?

Did he play well? Can we all stop pishing the bed that were rubbish if Rhodes doesn't step up?

Nugent was guff as far as I'm concerned. Spent the first half moaning, looking to get himself sent off. Played better with Rhodes, when we went 2 up top surprisingly...  But like he has been much of the season, a headless chicken.

We were two up top most of the game, to be fair. I don't think it was intended though. Nugent was supposed to be a 10, so was Kike Sola, neither played like it.