oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Blackburn 1-1

I wouldn't mind Rhodes going straight in as he's definitely match fit, I'm just bothered about Ramirez's match fitness and rushing him into a game which we don't need to. And Downing is a quality player even if he hasn't shown it recently. But it will have been 2 weeks since the previous game so he will hopefully have been trying harder in training to prove himself to Karanka rather than sulking that he came off.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really expect Karanka to strengthen RB since it's a position that we're already pretty strong in with Nsue and Kalas, but I can understand why De Laet was brought in considering he can fill in at left back too with Friend being injured. Looking further forward though, given that this guy was part of the Leicester team that went up with 102 points and that he's also played a part in the Leicester team that is 3 points clear at the top of the Premier League today, I'd imagine he is a player who will definitely be challenging for that right back position.

I didn't really expect Karanka to strengthen RB since it's a position that we're already pretty strong in with Nsue and Kalas, but I can understand why De Laet was brought in considering he can fill in at left back too with Friend being injured. Looking further forward though, given that this guy was part of the Leicester team that went up with 102 points and that he's also played a part in the Leicester team that is 3 points clear at the top of the Premier League today, I'd imagine he is a player who will definitely be challenging for that right back position.

Pretty sure he can cover at centre-half too. We basically swapped a centre-back who can (barely) fill in at left-back to a right-back who can cover centre-back and left-back. I think in that sense, it's a very Karanka-style loan signing, where he can make sure his squad isn't too big by allowing for a couple of utility players.

I don't expect Rhodes or Ramirez to start on Saturday tbh. I expect Rhodes to feature at some point though.

On a side note, just saw the interview with Rhodes, he seems like a thoroughly decent chap. Can't wait to see him in a Boro top.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but it seems Gibbo is back for this one. He's just posted on Instagram...

Been a great week can't wait for Saturday (with lots of football emojis at the end)

I don't expect Rhodes or Ramirez to start on Saturday tbh. I expect Rhodes to feature at some point though.

On a side note, just saw the interview with Rhodes, he seems like a thoroughly decent chap. Can't wait to see him in a Boro top.

Agreed... I think we will see them both off the bench, depending on how the game is going.

Nsue has done nothing wrong at RB, most improved player at the club.

I agree he has done nothing wrong, but if a better player comes in and improves that position then I would expect over time for that player to be dislodged from that position

No room for sentiment and all that jazz

It would be nice to get nsue and Albert working that right wing again and stu on the left..I would deffo start Rhodes and that would leave the option of either Newgent or Gaston playing the no. 10 role just behind Rhodes...anyone think the Rhodes with Newgent just behind could prove prolific for us ?

We put bogey teams to bed this season.

Hopefully we do the same to these... Got a dodgy feeling about this game, Not sure why, Might because we have some brilliant new players in the squad, Our recent poor form, I'm not sure.. I'm already nervous for this game.

The team really could do with a good win to get back on track & settle the new players in well.

It's such a big game this weekend, we could end up in 3rd and just 2 points off teams below us or we could be 6pts clear or anything between.

I really don't care who starts and who plays we simply must win. I suspect De Laet and Rhodes will start with Gaston coming off the bench in the 70th minute.

I'm being optermistic and taking Brentford, Fulham, Hull and Boro to win with BTTS but also being 'typical boro' and taking Brighton, Fulham, Burnley to win and boro to draw with BTTS.

Wish I was going to be there.

Just a note for the main match day opener, that it was accidentally deleted by BoroUnger (he has already messaged to apologise, it's all good), so I'll try and neaten it all up and put something on later tonight. UTB