oneBoro Forum

Significance of the matches prior to Blackburn (H)

One Derby fan on their forum isn't even confident of finishing in the play offs!

Neither is the lad I mentioned, he's got a very familiar 'we always bottle it after Christmas' feeling. :D

I think Derby has got to be a more difficult job than Boro for Clement, you have to think Karanka has been here a long time now for a manager, this squad is very much his, no unwanted remnants from the previous regime.

Clement is just making his way into this business properly but he's come in and set such a high standard from the word go, most likely because the club will have demanded promotion this season so there hasn't been any time for him to transition his squad.

Could lead to him getting sacked at the end of the season if they do a McClaren and bottle it again. Then they get back to square one. They were my favourites to win the league at the start but they really have to pick themselves up if they want to even be in a chance of that.

Derby, Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday all drawing! Excellent results!

3 points is now the gap between 2nd and 3rd. That could be reduced to 2 on Friday if Brighton beat Brentford. Even still, the Burnley result is definitely the standout one.

Let's hope Hull trounce them on Saturday. That would mean if we beat Blackburn, at minimum we open up a 5 point gap between ourselves and 3rd with those 2 games in hand on everyone but Brighton.