oneBoro Forum

Kike joins Eibar

CT 'jumped down my throat' for saying that the club 'deliberately' held the move up when I said nothing of the sort. I never once said that the club deliberately held the move up... Nor did I imply it. I never once said that Kike was a great player for us. I simply said that he has always been a professional player for us and deserved for us to try and get the move done ahead of the deadline and that, if we are at fault for him not playing football for the next 6 months, after all but forcing him out of the club, then I deem that pretty poor by the club.

Fair doos.

I don't really have a dog in this fight so I will stay out of it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone read Karanka's comments on the Kike transfer? He says that MFC did everything right and that Eibar also had this same problem last season too. Also says that Kike has a lot of things in his head that are not true. Strange comments!

Anyone read Karanka's comments on the Kike transfer? He says that MFC did everything right and that Eibar also had this same problem last season too. Also says that Kike has a lot of things in his head that are not true. Strange comments!

Sounds a bit weird. Do you have a link for that pls?

Just to add my thoughts..... I liked Kike, he gave his all, showed passion and desire to do his best and i think most fans appreciated that. He could hold the ball up well and was a pest for the defenders, but ultimately he lacked the goal scoring ability and composure in front of goal required to keep him at the club. We are a club with ambition and want to get the premier league unfortunately that means players like Kike having to be moved on.

I wish him all the best

CT 'jumped down my throat' for saying that the club 'deliberately' held the move up when I said nothing of the sort. I never once said that the club deliberately held the move up... Nor did I imply it.

I'm not commenting on Kike again but this is what I said:

'What JT actually said was that he felt sorry for Kike along with the suggestion that Boro may, not definitely did, but may have done it deliberately.'

So I said there was a suggestion that Boro may have not that they definitely did.  The reason I thought you implied it was because of your use of the word disgusting.  A technical issue wouldn't be disgusting, some kind of accident or mishap wouldn't be disgusting, an oversight of some kind wouldn't be disgusting and even being too busy sorting out other things and the transfer only being agreed late on wouldn't be disgusting.  So what exactly would be disgusting other than a deliberate act of some kind? It's a pretty strong word to use and you did use it, which I felt implied that it may have been a deliberate act on our part for whatever reason, like we just didn't care. Hopefully that explains why I said what I did.

And to Brunners, I'm not presenting my opinion as fact.  I'm presenting the general comments on here about the bloke over the last 18 months as a 'fact' of what people on here actually thought of the guy. They still may be nonsense but it's a shared nonsense from the members of this forum. It's a pity some of you weren't as vocal in your love of him while he was actually here.  At least Billy to his credit has consistently talked the guy up, some of you couldn't wait for him to be replaced.

Sounds a bit weird. Do you have a link for that pls?

In the Gazette today, there are a few comments from Karanka titled "Karanka on Kike's departure".

CT 'jumped down my throat' for saying that the club 'deliberately' held the move up when I said nothing of the sort. I never once said that the club deliberately held the move up... Nor did I imply it.

I'm not commenting on Kike again but this is what I said:

'What JT actually said was that he felt sorry for Kike along with the suggestion that Boro may, not definitely did, but may have done it deliberately.'

So I said there was a suggestion that Boro may have not that they definitely did.  The reason I thought you implied it was because of your use of the word disgusting.  A technical issue wouldn't be disgusting, some kind of accident or mishap wouldn't be disgusting, an oversight of some kind wouldn't be disgusting and even being too busy sorting out other things and the transfer only being agreed late on wouldn't be disgusting.  So what exactly would be disgusting other than a deliberate act of some kind? It's a pretty strong word to use and you did use it, which I felt implied that it may have been a deliberate act on our part for whatever reason, like we just didn't care. Hopefully that explains why I said what I did.

That's fair. 'Disgusting' probably was the wrong choice of word on my part... 'Poor' would probably have been more appropriate. I don't for a second think it would have been done deliberately, probably just something that got forgotten about in the mayhem that was transfer deadline day. It probably wasn't even our fault (it's all just rumours as to what happened) but if it was our fault I can't help but feel a little sorry for Kike who seems to be the loser in all this.

Can't ever remember a boro player doing this when they left us, what a guy

I think the closest that has come to it recently was Paddy in the summer. Did he send one after he left and when he joined Palace or just when he joined Palace? He put it on his Twitter, that's all I remember.

It would have been good if we could have given him a proper send-off but never mind, at least he seemed to enjoy his time here and will never forget his name being belted out.

I hope he doesn't do another Tuncay, heavily appreciated player (if not close to being as talented as the Turkish Delight) going out of the club and goes completely downhill from there. Just checked him out and he plays in India now. Bezzas with Josh Walker and John Johnson. :D

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but Kike wrote a letter when he left Murcia too.

http://www.vavel.com/es/futbol/segunda-b/realmurcia/370973-kike-garcia-se-marcha-al-middlesbrough-fc.html

That's it!!! he's just a club whore playing with our emotions glad to see the back of the sl*g :@:@

(Still love u Kike :P)

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but Kike wrote a letter when he left Murcia too.

http://www.vavel.com/es/futbol/segunda-b/realmurcia/370973-kike-garcia-se-marcha-al-middlesbrough-fc.html

That's it!!! he's just a club whore playing with our emotions glad to see the back of the sl*g :@:@

Nah, it's not that. Kike is a passionate and professional lad but nothing more. He's not fallen in love with the club as I read over here. Changing Times is right imo.

Nah, it's not that. Kike is a passionate and professional lad but nothing more. He's not fallen in love with the club as I read over here. Changing Times is right imo.

No one's mentioned him falling in love with the club! Just that he played with passion and made up for his limitations, especially this season, with some fine gut-busting performances.

The letter was the icing on the cake and shows that he does indeed care; doesn't matter who he's done it for previously, it's still a nice touch that he's gone out of his way for when he didn't need to and no-one would have thought any less of him. He's made an effort and gone against the norm to thank the fans, player and club and I don't think anyone can be dismissive of that, regardless of opinions on his ability.