oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

The biggest shock there is that you ever had any respect for me.

I just found there were far too many B usernames, and it was much harder for me to locate my own posts, which are, frankly, the only ones worth reading.

I didn't say I had a lot, just that what I did have is no longer there.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would choose to play them both, I'm just not sure that he will risk them both getting yellows and then both being out at the same time. Stuani doesn't deserve to keep his place after a really poor display and I expect to see either De Pena or Adomah play.

I obviously didn't see the MK Dons game but if you're saying he was that bad then fair enough.  I just don't see how we can go from Stuani to picking Adomah when he wasn't even in the 18 for that game. Karanka said it was tactical but I don't believe that for a second so it would feel to me that Karanka was struggling if we went with Adomah to be honest.  I just can't believe we can drop people completely and then put them back into the starting line up whilst trying to maintain that there was any clear thinking behind it all.

I understand what you mean about Clayton and Leadbitter and although I didn't agree with it I understood why Karanka did what he did but I look at it like this, if they both get banned for the same game then that's one game where we are having to change the side around. If we keep picking and dropping one then we're changing for multiple games.  My opinion of our midfield is well known but if Karanka sees Clayton and Leadbitter as the standout choice then it makes more sense to me for them to be missing for one game in total rather than missing for a few games between them.

I don't think any of us really expected otherwise, but Karanka has said that neither Ayala or Friend are likely to make the squad for Monday. Both look to be in with a shout for Cardiff though.

I don't think any of us really expected otherwise, but Karanka has said that neither Ayala or Friend are likely to make the squad for Monday. Both look to be in with a shout for Cardiff though.

The Gazette article says "Want the good news or the bad news?"

BUT THERE IS NO GOOD NEWS! It's all bad news :(

The Gazette article says "Want the good news or the bad news?"

BUT THERE IS NO GOOD NEWS! It's all bad news :(

I think the 'good news' is that if Friend's scan is ok, he's can train again next week.

* Should Aitor play Nugent and Rhodes together?

Not for me. I believe in the formation we have, and it countinue to be more fruitfal than not. I don't saying teams planting mean behind the ball means they have sussed us out. Ramirez will only grow with more game time.

For me Nugent is a worry in front of goal, a lot of his goals have been on instinct. He has been distinctively below average on numerous 1:1 chances.

* What should we do about Grant and Clayton both having 9 yellow cards?

I beleive that Leadbitter will miss this one, Karanka wont risk it. I'd have to agree as wouldn't fancy a midfield of Forshaw and De Saat, for 2 games (would they get 2 games ban?) at this stage of the season.

* Will we see a special performance by Bamba again?

Fingers Crossed......

* Do you expect the run of poor form to end?

I would expect it to end yes, expecting a big performance.

Personally I would like to see Adomah back in the squad and Stuani on the bench, lets see what happens.

I personally would choose to play them both, I'm just not sure that he will risk them both getting yellows and then both being out at the same time. Stuani doesn't deserve to keep his place after a really poor display and I expect to see either De Pena or Adomah play.

I obviously didn't see the MK Dons game but if you're saying he was that bad then fair enough.  I just don't see how we can go from Stuani to picking Adomah when he wasn't even in the 18 for that game. Karanka said it was tactical but I don't believe that for a second so it would feel to me that Karanka was struggling if we went with Adomah to be honest.  I just can't believe we can drop people completely and then put them back into the starting line up whilst trying to maintain that there was any clear thinking behind it all.

I understand what you mean about Clayton and Leadbitter and although I didn't agree with it I understood why Karanka did what he did but I look at it like this, if they both get banned for the same game then that's one game where we are having to change the side around. If we keep picking and dropping one then we're changing for multiple games.  My opinion of our midfield is well known but if Karanka sees Clayton and Leadbitter as the standout choice then it makes more sense to me for them to be missing for one game in total rather than missing for a few games between them.

It might well be that Stunai drops to the bench and De Pena plays. It just made more sense tactically to me to play Adomah on the right rather then to switch over Downing just to accommodate De Pena. That, however, is a choice that doesn't take into account with things that have happened off the field so I suspect you are right and Adomah won't feature.

I'm fairly certain that it's a two game ban which is why I'm a little more reluctant, two games without both players might make a huge difference. Normally I'd say get it out of the way but I don't know if we can afford to lose both of them for two games.

It might well be that Stunai drops to the bench and De Pena plays. It just made more sense tactically to me to play Adomah on the right rather then to switch over Downing just to accommodate De Pena. That, however, is a choice that doesn't take into account with things that have happened off the field so I suspect you are right and Adomah won't feature.

I'm fairly certain that it's a two game ban which is why I'm a little more reluctant, two games without both players might make a huge difference. Normally I'd say get it out of the way but I don't know if we can afford to lose both of them for two games.

Lets say we play both, they both get booked,  we miss both of them for 2 games. May this force Karanka's hand and would we see a change of formation.

For instance 2 up front and a diamond midfield so the full backs operate in the same way

.....................De Saat............

...........Forshaw......Ramirez

....................Downing.........

..........Nugent.....Rhodes.....

Unlikely I would imagine

Yeah sorry being thick here it's a two game ban isn't it.  I think I'd still take a chance because the alternative is that we keep changing the team and then they end up getting banned anyway.  I just wish we'd brought in a really good central midfielder instead of wasting so much money on the attack and even on back up players like Forshaw.

Yeah sorry being thick here it's a two game ban isn't it.  I think I'd still take a chance because the alternative is that we keep changing the team and then they end up getting banned anyway.  I just wish we'd brought in a really good central midfielder instead of wasting so much money on the attack and even on back up players like Forshaw.

Persoanlly I dont have a problem with the money on Forshaw, he is a quality player to step in when you need him. If it wasn't for his injury we would have seen a lot more of him this season. If you want quality back up your got to pay the premium.

We have 11 games between now and the cut off for a 2-match suspension for yellow cards. I don't think we'd forego our first choice pairing for almost quarter of the season to try to manage it. The likelihood is that both of them will get suspended at some point.

Obviously there are games that are more and less preferable for them to miss. Of the games, to my mind the trickiest are Hull at home, Wolves at home, and QPR away. But Leeds away is just after that, and possibly even more important with reference to our current form.

Following Leeds we play Cardiff at home and Fulham away. Neither are easy fixtures, but both should be games that Forshaw should be fine to play in. It might be a bit of a stretch if we have neither Leadbetter OR Clayton available for both, but for me we need to have both starting on Monday. It's a necessary risk.