oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

Persoanlly I dont have a problem with the money on Forshaw, he is a quality player to step in when you need him. If it wasn't for his injury we would have seen a lot more of him this season. If you want quality back up your got to pay the premium.

I doubt we'd have seen much more of him than we have really.  Other than injury issues or suspensions or possible suspensions we rarely change Clayton and Leadbitter.  I don't think Karanka really fancies Forshaw at all so in that respect I would call it a waste of a transfer.  We should have brought someone in that pushed one of the current two out of the side or that the manager felt could be rotated in and out with them throughout the season.  It would have given us more options and removed the problem we have now as they'd almost certainly have fewer bookings and in any case we'd have someone to come in that has the manager's full confidence.  I don't believe that Forshaw does.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with CT on Adomah btw. I think he might be back on the bench, but wouldn't expect him to start. I think it will be Sola of the attacking players who misses out this time.

I don't think that will be the team.  Clayton and Leadbitter will be in, I don't believe Adomah will play but you might get something different like de Pena on the left and Downing on the right.  If not it will be Stuani over there and either Downing or de Pena on the left.  At some point though Karanka has to give one selection of players the chance to get some games together because chopping and changing as well as adding new players doesn't strike me as the best way to get a team playing well.  So the question becomes what set of attacking players will give us the best chance of producing a winning team?

The bigger question however is why BoroTom has changed his name?  'Tom' lacks the gravitas of the old name and quite frankly it feels like you are ashamed of the Boro part of it.  As a result I no longer have the respect for you that I used to have.  **** **** **

The biggest shock there is that you ever had any respect for me.

I just found there were far too many B usernames, and it was much harder for me to locate my own posts, which are, frankly, the only ones worth reading.

He was just following in the footsteps of all the other great 'one name' posters on here ;)

Good OP Red Rocket, nice one! Anyone know of any decent parking? Preferably where my car is unlikely to get stolen/keyed?

If you want to come back to a car I would park at Wetherby and walk the rest of the way ;)

I reckon the players will be more up for this game than the last two and that'll well get a hard fought win. They seem to play better in the big/feisty games.

I'd play

------------dimi------------

-Nsue--kalas--gibbo--delaet-

----leadbitter--clayton-----

--stuani--ramirez--downing--

-----------rhodes-----------

Looks a he'll of a team on paper. Rhodes might not be the most talented all round footballer, but I believe he'll put away any half-chances that we create for him. Been a long time since I've thought that about a striker!

2-1 Boro, rhodes to get both ours.

I've got a horrible feeling that Karanka will carry on being a bit weird, and not starting Rhodes. I hope not though.

Given our recent run, I can't see beyond a Leeds win I'm afraid.

Heresy I know.... but 3-0 Leeds.

I've got a horrible feeling that Karanka will carry on being a bit weird, and not starting Rhodes. I hope not though.

Surely a comment like that is worth an instant ban.  :dodgy: :P

Surely a comment like that is worth an instant ban.  :dodgy: :P

A ban from you thread RR or a ban from the whole site?? :(

I reckon the players will be more up for this game than the last two and that'll well get a hard fought win. They seem to play better in the big/feisty games.

I'd play

------------dimi------------

-Nsue--kalas--gibbo--delaet-

----leadbitter--clayton-----

--stuani--ramirez--downing--

-----------rhodes-----------

Looks a he'll of a team on paper. Rhodes might not be the most talented all round footballer, but I believe he'll put away any half-chances that we create for him. Been a long time since I've thought that about a striker!

2-1 Boro, rhodes to get both ours.

Rhodes has got one hell of a record in a Boro shirt. Less than 40 minutes of football and he's already scored a goal. If he keeps going at this rate he's guaranteed to bag 2 at Leeds and 34 between now and the end of the season. ;)

Gaston will be our key player on Monday.

Leeds cb's really struggle with movement. We should approach this game with the mentality of scoring in the first few minutes, do that and the crowd will turn and we can play counter attacking football that suits us.

Another 3-0 win with Gaston double and Rhodes

I've been confident for Blackburn and Dons, and we've been shocking.

I'm not too confident with this one, so hopefully that means we'll win!

We're a better team than Leeds, but usually struggle (3-0 this season aside). Tough place to go.

I'm going to this one so would love to see us give em a good hammering!