oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

I personally would choose to play them both, I'm just not sure that he will risk them both getting yellows and then both being out at the same time. Stuani doesn't deserve to keep his place after a really poor display and I expect to see either De Pena or Adomah play.

I obviously didn't see the MK Dons game but if you're saying he was that bad then fair enough.  I just don't see how we can go from Stuani to picking Adomah when he wasn't even in the 18 for that game. Karanka said it was tactical but I don't believe that for a second so it would feel to me that Karanka was struggling if we went with Adomah to be honest.  I just can't believe we can drop people completely and then put them back into the starting line up whilst trying to maintain that there was any clear thinking behind it all.

I understand what you mean about Clayton and Leadbitter and although I didn't agree with it I understood why Karanka did what he did but I look at it like this, if they both get banned for the same game then that's one game where we are having to change the side around. If we keep picking and dropping one then we're changing for multiple games.  My opinion of our midfield is well known but if Karanka sees Clayton and Leadbitter as the standout choice then it makes more sense to me for them to be missing for one game in total rather than missing for a few games between them.

It might well be that Stunai drops to the bench and De Pena plays. It just made more sense tactically to me to play Adomah on the right rather then to switch over Downing just to accommodate De Pena. That, however, is a choice that doesn't take into account with things that have happened off the field so I suspect you are right and Adomah won't feature.

I'm fairly certain that it's a two game ban which is why I'm a little more reluctant, two games without both players might make a huge difference. Normally I'd say get it out of the way but I don't know if we can afford to lose both of them for two games.

Lets say we play both, they both get booked,  we miss both of them for 2 games. May this force Karanka's hand and would we see a change of formation.

For instance 2 up front and a diamond midfield so the full backs operate in the same way

.....................De Saat............

...........Forshaw......Ramirez

....................Downing.........

..........Nugent.....Rhodes.....

Unlikely I would imagine

Ye, lets go with unlikely.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would choose to play them both, I'm just not sure that he will risk them both getting yellows and then both being out at the same time. Stuani doesn't deserve to keep his place after a really poor display and I expect to see either De Pena or Adomah play.

I obviously didn't see the MK Dons game but if you're saying he was that bad then fair enough.  I just don't see how we can go from Stuani to picking Adomah when he wasn't even in the 18 for that game. Karanka said it was tactical but I don't believe that for a second so it would feel to me that Karanka was struggling if we went with Adomah to be honest.  I just can't believe we can drop people completely and then put them back into the starting line up whilst trying to maintain that there was any clear thinking behind it all.

I understand what you mean about Clayton and Leadbitter and although I didn't agree with it I understood why Karanka did what he did but I look at it like this, if they both get banned for the same game then that's one game where we are having to change the side around. If we keep picking and dropping one then we're changing for multiple games.  My opinion of our midfield is well known but if Karanka sees Clayton and Leadbitter as the standout choice then it makes more sense to me for them to be missing for one game in total rather than missing for a few games between them.

It might well be that Stunai drops to the bench and De Pena plays. It just made more sense tactically to me to play Adomah on the right rather then to switch over Downing just to accommodate De Pena. That, however, is a choice that doesn't take into account with things that have happened off the field so I suspect you are right and Adomah won't feature.

I'm fairly certain that it's a two game ban which is why I'm a little more reluctant, two games without both players might make a huge difference. Normally I'd say get it out of the way but I don't know if we can afford to lose both of them for two games.

Lets say we play both, they both get booked,  we miss both of them for 2 games. May this force Karanka's hand and would we see a change of formation.

For instance 2 up front and a diamond midfield so the full backs operate in the same way

.....................De Saat............

...........Forshaw......Ramirez

....................Downing.........

..........Nugent.....Rhodes.....

Unlikely I would imagine

Ye, lets go with unlikely.

How about Stuani moving in from the right to behind the striker into his natural position? Hes always on the flank, Downing and Ramirez are more than capable of switching an if our full backs are pushing up it gives Downing the chance to go more central in attack with Stuani Supporting the other striker

Stuani has been fairly poor recently, he will be on the bench

Poor at  right midfield yes, he probably will be on the bench. We could maybe put Rhodes right midfield instead. My point wasn't hes not playing poorly but hes playing out of position and when hes been played in position he has been a threat thats all.

Stuani has been fairly poor recently, he will be on the bench

Poor at  right midfield yes, he probably will be on the bench. We could maybe put Rhodes right midfield instead. My point wasn't hes not playing poorly but hes playing out of position and when hes been played in position he has been a threat thats all.

He's never played anything BUT RM for us..... he was brought in to play that position.

Do you feel this is a "must win" or "must not lose" game?

For me it is the former as staying top two is vital to morale and confidence

I dislike the term "must win" as that implies that if we don't then our season is over, and it's far from it. But we are so lacking in confidence at the moment that we desperately need a win and a good performance, if we could get an early goal that would help so much!

Do you feel this is a "must win" or "must not lose" game?

For me it is the former as staying top two is vital to morale and confidence

It's sad to think that just 4 games ago we were 8 points clear of 3rd place Hull and 10 clear of Burnley. If results go against us tomorrow both of them could overtake us and put us into third place. If results do go against us then that's added pressure and will be a real test of character. If results go our way tomorrow then its a real opportunity.

I don't think it's a must win but I do think come the end of the season we will look at this as a pivotal weekend.

Not a must win game but I feel it's more of a "must score" game. We need to get firing and show the fans, and the team itself, that we can get the goals needed. I'd much prefer a 2-2 draw to a 0-0 draw, as it shows that we are capable of scoring. We know we can defende and that solidity will get back with Ayala and Freind coming back, however we haven't scored as many lately as we did in the first half of the season and that is where we need to see an improvement.

Not a must win game but I feel it's more of a "must score" game. We need to get firing and show the fans, and the team itself, that we can get the goals needed. I'd much prefer a 2-2 draw to a 0-0 draw, as it shows that we are capable of scoring. We know we can defende and that solidity will get back with Ayala and Freind coming back, however we haven't scored as many lately as we did in the first half of the season and that is where we need to see an improvement.

Yeah I agree with your post, would like a win as I'm going and I work with loads of Leeds fans.