oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

The most critical thing for me is the performance. We need to start building momentum again. Anything less than an improved performance on the MK Dons game will really turn the screw on the club. We need to get the season back on track.

Agreed.

By the sounds of it the second half of MK Dons started getting a teeny bit better (I wasn't actually there so I don't know for sure, but the highlights & commentary on the highlights suggested it was all us) so hopefully we can build on that.

Completely agree with everything you say here.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuani has been fairly poor recently, he will be on the bench

Poor at  right midfield yes, he probably will be on the bench. We could maybe put Rhodes right midfield instead. My point wasn't hes not playing poorly but hes playing out of position and when hes been played in position he has been a threat thats all.

Rhodes right midfield? oh my.. be honest are sure you're not pep in disguise ?

The most critical thing for me is the performance. We need to start building momentum again. Anything less than an improved performance on the MK Dons game will really turn the screw on the club. We need to get the season back on track.

Why would it turn the screw on the club? It's the manager and players who should be held accountable, not the club. Gibbo's done everything he can, now it's up to the management and players to deliver.

Why would it turn the screw on the club? It's the manager and players who should be held accountable, not the club. Gibbo's done everything he can, now it's up to the management and players to deliver.

Are the managers and players not part of the club?

Yes but if we blow it I won't be putting any blame on the club, it's the manager and players who should be held accountable.

Yes but if we blow it I won't be putting any blame on the club, it's the manager and players who should be held accountable.

I thnk your taking Humpty's 'club' comment a little out of context......

Well Red it looks like you might have been right about Adomah based on what Karanka has said in the Gazette.  He seems to suggest he'll be playing on Monday.

I felt he was suited to play against Leeds from a pure tactical point. The few times I have watched them this season, they seem to really dislike players running at them. Adomah hasn't really done anything to earn a place in the team but he has that ability to try to take people on, it's his crossing that lets him down. 

It's also a perfect game for Rhodes, imo. He's a poacher in the box and good at creating space for himself so if any Leed's players do make mistakes, he'll pounce.

I thnk your taking Humpty's 'club' comment a little out of context......

Yeah I think we can safely assume he meant the team

Back on topic though, I can't believe people don't see this as a must win.  I think we absolutely need to win this game as we did last time out.  At some point this blip is going to become a lot more than that if we can't win some games.  We're also going to end up outside the top two and playing catch up soon if we aren't careful and I don't want to see us in that position because I don't have the confidence that we'd be able to do it.  We're blowing an incredible opportunity right now.

I think you mean "Have blown".

We've just scored two points from a run of four games, which given the quality and league position of the opposition we totally should have got a MINIMUM of seven points, and probably more.

(Considering where we are in the league, how we'd played, and who we'd beaten, I don't think seven points would have been an unreasonable expectation).

Amazingly Watford dropped less points than we've just done in the last four games, against the entire bottom half of the league last season - look it up if you don't believe it!!

Once we start playing 'six-pointers' against other top teams, I think we'll be dropping down pretty sharpish.

:( :( :(

Agreed.

By the sounds of it the second half of MK Dons started getting a teeny bit better (I wasn't actually there so I don't know for sure, but the highlights & commentary on the highlights suggested it was all us) so hopefully we can build on that.

Completely agree with everything you say here.

I would agree that we did start to get a little bit better in the second half against MK Dons. The fans were chanting "Attack, attack, attack-attack-attack" - because we hadn't seen it for so long!!

My only concern was that in attacking, we seemed to leave ourselves a bit exposed at the back.

(I think we probably missed Adam Clayton)!

Boro to win 2-1, Rhodes first scorer in first half, Leeds to equalise around 70 minutes in the second half and Gibson to get a rare goal and win it.

Rhodes will come off at 1-0 and the decision will be lambasted but only after Leeds have scored.