• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

That Rhodes disallowed goal, why didn't anyone protest?

Chances are they didn't see it was as clear cut as it was.

If non of us could tell first time, how could the officials and players? The ball was moving so fast, I would imagine they we all unsure themselves

If non of us could tell first time, how could the officials and players? The ball was moving so fast, I would imagine they we all unsure themselves

But there's still no harm in appealing even if the players didn't know whether it was out or not.

That Rhodes disallowed goal, why didn't anyone protest to the ref and lino.

I think the whistle had gone before Rhodes knocked it in. He didn't seem to celebrate and the Leeds lads looked liked they'd stopped playing.

Wrong decision but understandable.

But there's still no harm in appealing even if the players didn't know whether it was out or not.

Maybe. Doubt the ref would have changed his mind like :)

Yeah, I was almost certain at the time it had gone out, in fairness to the linesman. His position was not great. Like Beagrie said at half time, it's because it's in the air, it makes it difficult to see. And they will tend to be more cautious from where he was stood.

Fair play to Nsue though, it was a quality ball in and a good header by Rhodes.

My thoughts on the game for anyone who is interested.

Dimi - Solid and reliable. Kept us in the game with 3 outstanding saves.

Nsue - He was restricted to getting forward for the majority of the game. When he did, his final ball was poor more often than not. Good defensively but I think De Laet will be RB when Friend is back.

Gibson - A silly yellow card, but I can understand why he made the challenge. Hopefully Ayala is back soon. Maybe a return for Damia / Baptise?

Fry - didnt put a foot wrong. Not as convincing with the ball in my opinion, but defended well and won some great headers. More than happy with that performance.

De Laet - Got forward well and defended well. I feel like he will flourish on his natural side.

Clayton - Busy as always. Silly challenge to make for his yellow as we had the cover. But I hold nothing against him as he is such a work horse. He will be a BIG miss. He does such an under rated job as a CDM.

Leadbitter - Average. I dont know whats happened to the Leadbitter of last season. He just looks strained all the time. He drops deep to play the balls to people further up but we dont do well with a long ball game and it just comes straight back.

Stuani - Wasted out wide. Some nice footwork, but Adomah showed how dangerous a natural winger can be.

Ramirez - Brought the ball forward well. Looks a class above the rest of the team. He will be invaluable for the run in. When he is up to speed with the team and league.

Downing - Not as bad as some are making out in my opinion. I think we are harsh on him because we expect bigger things from him. Not a disaster from him, but I am getting concerned.

Rhodes - Poor Jordan Rhodes. Isolated for much of the game and feeding off scraps and running and running. Looked miles better when Nugent came on, but he should have taken that chance better (you know which one).

One thing that really really bugs me about us as a team, is that we seem to be reactive, rather than pro active. We think that having the ball makes us Godly and we will win by default. It isnt like that in the championship! There is absolute butt all with playing a possession game if when we go up the pitch we do nothing with it. But I have been saying that for the past 4 games now.

We play like a team that looks scared to attack. Almost like we believe that defending is our first priority to win us a game. Players look nervous going forward in case they loose the ball. They are thinking about going backwards than going forwards. I wonder how at the end of the season we will look back to the games where we didnt attack from the off and rue the missed points.

I would have no issues with conceding a goal, if we scored more than the opposition. Its such a shame to see that team play with the handbrake on all game. Imagine what a front 4 of Rhodes, Nugent, Downing and Ramirez could do in the championship with a bit of support from Clayton! We are just so dull, rigid and regimented.

We are turning into Egg and Cress. Nobody wants Egg and Cress.

Strange emotions tonight a better performance but still not great. Poor decision making in the final third cost us but overall I can't remember making that many chances in a game in a long while. That said we really didn't test their keeper. At the other end Dimi pulled out a worldie and a top class save.

Still second but that safety net has disappeared and this bliiiip is getting longer.

Will be cheering Hull on against Brighton

Maybe. Doubt the ref would have changed his mind like :)

It's a Leeds game its not the same if we don't get a goal incorrectly disallowed.

Postives from tonight from my eyes-

1 We had men inside the box from open play

2 Stuani looked dangerous tonight possibly should of converted a chance

3 Adomah looked good when he came on couple of great balls into the box

4 Better performance than the last 5 games i think

5 It was the linesmen who cost us the 3 points although did look close

6 fry played excellent perhaps should play more to give gibson or ayala a rest (he should of played instead of that useless cb from fulham)

7 rhodes looked isolated but did well with what he had but should have buried one of the two chances.

8 what a save from dimi and good performance.

A draw at Leeds would have been a good point in different circumstances but no win in our last 5 games now all against teams in the bottom half of the table means to me that this was a must win game (in my opinion). Let's not forget Leeds are 16th with ONLY 4 home wins all season. Yes we did create a few chances but ultimately the final balls and finishing were poor.

With all that being said it does seem like we aren't getting the run of the green with all these decisions. You could say that yes fair enough Gibson's second yellow might have been a deserved sending off but on the other side of things there was a high boot in Jordan Rhodes' face that didn't see their player even receive so much as a yellow card and there was another off the ball incident where it appears Jordan Rhodes was hit in the face in the box which went completely unpunished? Not to mention the perfectly legal goal which was wrongly disallowed (for the second season IN A ROW now). I don't need to tell you but you can see from the replay that the ball was clearly in when Nsue played it, and the biggest joke of it all is that the limesman wasn't even in a position to make a decision on the ball being out, he was 15 yards back up the pitch! If he can't be certain the he can't give it can he...

I'm not one for blaming the officials on our results, me being a believer in that you make your own luck, but in this instance I am lost for words... You legally put the ball into the back of the net, what more can you do? If it had counted I reckon the Leeds defence would've crumbled.