oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

Well I thought downing played well and was probably our best player

We created enough chances to win the game and if we attack like that in future games we will win more than we lose especially when everyone gets used to where rohdes runs

Stuani was poor clayton and leadbitter didn't command as usual

But once Ayala and friend are back if we keep attacking like that I think we will be ok

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bournemouth went 5 without a win this time last year. We are now 5 without a win so the next match is crucial

Brighton went 7 without a win this season now they've won 4 in a row and are 2 points off us

Every team has a wobble. Burnley had a similar run a few months back. 6 games without a win.

Full time summary of Downing. I'm genuinely not seeing why Downing is receiving about 90% of the stick of that attacking line. Reading through some of the comments, it would appear most are sick to death with him and I genuinely cannot see why he is being singled out right now. This is based on tonight alone but it sounds like some are having a go because he should be a world-beater in this division and because he isn't scoring or assisting, he's the worst player on the pitch all of a sudden. In that second half, I had one go at Downing (this time I remember why) and that was the shot he took in the last 10 minutes. It was always going straight at the keeper and it was rubbish. But by no means was he the worst player on the pitch.

If it was Reach he would easily get twice the abuse/criticism Downing is currently getting. If Downing wasn't our worst player today, then who were?

Bournemouth went 5 without a win this time last year. We are now 5 without a win so the next match is crucial

Brighton went 7 without a win this season now they've won 4 in a row and are 2 points off us

Every team has a wobble. Burnley had a similar run a few months back. 6 games without a win.

Pity we still aren't in The Cup, with two bans now and a long wait for the next match.

Full time summary of Downing. I'm genuinely not seeing why Downing is receiving about 90% of the stick of that attacking line. Reading through some of the comments, it would appear most are sick to death with him and I genuinely cannot see why he is being singled out right now. This is based on tonight alone but it sounds like some are having a go because he should be a world-beater in this division and because he isn't scoring or assisting, he's the worst player on the pitch all of a sudden. In that second half, I had one go at Downing (this time I remember why) and that was the shot he took in the last 10 minutes. It was always going straight at the keeper and it was rubbish. But by no means was he the worst player on the pitch.

If it was Reach he would easily get twice the abuse/criticism Downing is currently getting. If Downing wasn't our worst player today, then who were?

Worse than downing today- stuani,nsue,leadbitter,nugent, and that's without trying

Downing's problem is that he isn't sure what he's supposed to be. He's not playing behind the striker, he seems like he doesn't want to play on the wing at all so he ends up drifting around without really doing anything. Some of his balls are excellent and some are poor. It's very hit and miss at the moment.

We created enough chances to win the game and if we attack like that in future games we will win more than we lose especially when everyone gets used to where rohdes runs

Stuani was poor clayton and leadbitter didn't command as usual

But once Ayala and friend are back if we keep attacking like that I think we will be ok

Nice to read some positivity , don't get me wrong I'm first to have a go when things aren't going well and we are playing poor . However that performance was far from great but could have had 3 goals on another day . Massive over reaction tonight from some . And as you said keep attacking like that and creating chances for Rhodes we will be fine

So you actually think he played better today than Dimi, Gibson and Clayton?

Dimi did brilliantly for the 2 saves but didn't have a lot else to do Gibson played well and so did clayton but downing was our one creative influence.throughout the game

Almost everything good we did went through him

Think that game sums us up at the moment. 6/7 out of 10 all round (except Dimi who was mega) but we needed someone to have a 8 to make the difference. Rhodes and Stuani missed two glorious chances to score yet all the blame is laid at Stewy s feet and I don't get it. He was great defensively. Made some great balls into the box and was continuously a pest around the penalty area. Granted that shot he had was embarrassing but I don't think he warrants the stick he gets on here

Downing's problem is that he isn't sure what he's supposed to be. He's not playing behind the striker, he seems like he doesn't want to play on the wing at all so he ends up drifting around without really doing anything. Some of his balls are excellent and some are poor. It's very hit and miss at the moment.

How do you motivate millionaires? He probably doesn't want to play for AK.

There in lies a problem. We shouldn't give a toss whether he wants to play on the wing or not, he should do it for the good of the team.

Our "wingers" frustrate the daylights out of me. Why do we play them when they have little effect on the way we attack?

The way we labour around passing the ball, only for Leadbitter to do a Hollywood 50-yarder to try get behind them.

It's all easy to defend against! It's unimaginative.

A few points:

We always struggle to win at Leeds.

We could have won 5-2 if the ball had fallen more kindly.

Some good individual performances.

4-4-2 at the end looked very promising.

I don't think it was changing to 4-4-2 that changed things. Nugent wasn't a lot closer to rohdes than Ramirez It was the addition of adohma that brightend things up

Trouble is he plays like that after being dropped but stops when he's played a few games