oneBoro Forum

Boro vs. Leeds (A) 0-0

We looked so much better when we went two up front. It looked like we actually wanted to win the game. But it's pointless even discussing it because you just know it will be 1 up front against Cardiff a week tomorrow.

Before that we were so predictable and looked completely out of ideas. Looked like AK had just picked 11 randomers and told them to go and play.

There were some shocking individual performances as well. Leadbitter was a ***ing shambles, I'm sorry but if Clayton had not picked up that booking I would have dropped our so called captain next match. He should have been leading from the front but he went completely missing.

Few positives though. Dimi, Fry, Ramirez.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been critical of Downing lately but defensively he did very well tonight some great tracking back and getting us back on the attack although I dont think we are seeing him at his best in an attacking sense right now. What we seem to lack right now is that central midefielder with the confidence to drive forward with the ball. The momentum in several attacks went when Clayton or Leadbitter got the ball in the stop and pass to the side that we have come used to.

Full time summary of Downing. I'm genuinely not seeing why Downing is receiving about 90% of the stick of that attacking line. Reading through some of the comments, it would appear most are sick to death with him and I genuinely cannot see why he is being singled out right now. This is based on tonight alone but it sounds like some are having a go because he should be a world-beater in this division and because he isn't scoring or assisting, he's the worst player on the pitch all of a sudden. In that second half, I had one go at Downing (this time I remember why) and that was the shot he took in the last 10 minutes. It was always going straight at the keeper and it was rubbish. But by no means was he the worst player on the pitch.

If it was Reach he would easily get twice the abuse/criticism Downing is currently getting. If Downing wasn't our worst player today, then who were?

Would he hell. Downing is a class above Reach. The fans know that. The problems with Reach are that he is essentially average with a hard-working ethic and the problems have always been why is he even on the pitch to begin with when we have better players available, thus Tomlin wide-left. With Downing, he has the quality, he's just not creating goal after goal as was hoped. I don't think that makes him awful but his quality of delivery is mostly better than Reach.

Worst is probably a pretty crappy word to use as I don't think anyone was REALLY bad today. There was a lot of average performances, none more-so for me than with Leadbitter. I insist, he wasn't awful, he wasn't even bad as such, he just didn't offer much other than the usual. And I also think Stuani could have done better with his chances.

The way our wingers play essentially makes Downing come down to Reach's level in all honesty though.

We need to get a plan to get them into the game more, with more space and better options on the ball.

Absolute rubbish. There's a reason Downing is here and Reach was sent on loan. Downing is a better player than Reach. I like Reach and I feel for him because he does work hard and he is alright for this level. But if we get to the Premier League, do you really think Reach would perform as well as Downing would there?

There is still a long way to go and it'll probably go down to the last game of the season. I do feel we have to win our game in hand. I'll take a 1-0 against Cardiff next Tuesday.

We're running out of games in hand, mate. :D

Played much better in the second half. Downing was having at them and you feel if he was with George we would have been more effecuve down that side.

Clayton was his usual self and one sprint cover he made was absolutely fantastic and then to bamboozle the player and play it out showed great composure. I just wish he woukdnt play in the middle of he 2 centre backs when Leadbitter is doing the same thing. A lot of the time a good CM will go deep to take the ball from the CB but we dont need bith doing it. Disappointed Clayton and Leadbitter decided to press really high when we went a man fown and left a huge gap for the to attack and almost score. Grant as captain should have been solidifying the shape and organisig everybody not chasing the ball like an 8 year old.

Adomah came on and changed our approach. His pace, directness and energy were refreshing. Had a few misunderstandings with Nsue though.

Few missed chances but the fact that we made them is promising. Rhodes had a perfectly good goal chalked off and probably should have had at least another 1. But we didnt lose.

UTB

There is still a long way to go and it'll probably go down to the last game of the season. I do feel we have to win our game in hand. I'll take a 1-0 against Cardiff next Tuesday.

We're running out of games in hand, mate. :D

I meant the Blackburn one.

I'm not confident about Cardiff at home next week never mind Blackburn away.