• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little disappointed some people are expecting De Laet/Nsue to be dropped as soon as Friend is back fit. These two have earned their place. Friend by rights should have to win his spot back.

I'm a little disappointed some people are expecting De Laet/Nsue to be dropped as soon as Friend is back fit. These two have earned their place. Friend by rights should have to win his spot back.

Maybe a case for round pegs round holes? I agree de laet has been excellent since he came in but I don't think he looks 100% comfortable at LB. Although his pace and power has generally masked that somewhat.

Either way it's a nice decision to have to make!

Under AK, there'll always be rotation. With De Laet now a genuine possibility for either flank of the defence, even Gorgeous George has the potential to be rested at times, whereas previously he was always a shoe in.

Id like to see De Laet at RB and George at LB as I think that gives us a strong attacking focal point coming fm deep on both sides. That said, I'd be more than happy to see Nsue stay at RB, too... Nice predicament to be in, eh!?

Much better than a discussion about the pros and cons of Nicky Bailey at RB... Not that there were many pros...

I agree that Friend should have to work his way in to the team, before the injury he wasn't actually in his best form.

I think Nsue hasn't been in his best form the last 2-3 games in my opinion either. Maybe it's a little harsh as no one really has, and he hasn't been terrible but I've noticed a few times he's been beaten by his man and left for dead.

I've said it before, but been really impressed with De Laet so far, and if he continues in this form he should start at either LB or RB until one of the former earn the right to displace him.

I think De Laet deserves to keep his place but Nsue has been out of form recently so I expect De Laet to move to the right and George to slot in at LB when he's back.

De Laet is a premier league player playing in the championship, or course he is going to start!

When Friend is back he will be on the Left with De Laet on the right.that gives us fantastic options going forward and could even push Nsue to right midfield if needed.

De Laet is a premier league player playing in the championship, or course he is going to start!

When Friend is back he will be on the Left with De Laet on the right.that gives us fantastic options going forward and could even push Nsue to right midfield if needed.

Ye I think Nsue could be even more effective on the RW since he likes to get forward so often.

My mate who is a Leicester fanatic says that De Laet is much more effective in the right back position, and whilst Nsue has improved a lot this season, his defending is, lets face it, still pants at times, (re-watch the Leeds game if you can and see how many times he gets caught on the wrong side of his man). With George back and De Laet on the right I think we have the best full back pairing in the division and the opportunity to have real width for Rhodes to work with.

Nsue has been one of the few shining lights of the last five games. There's no way he deserves to be dropped.

He was caught off guard quite a few times against Leeds, as early as the 1st minute. But he did look good going forward. Given that Stuani is out of form I'd like to see Nsue given a go at RW should De Laet be moved over to the right. That could be quite a formidable pairing.

Dropping nsue wouldn't be huge surprise. He is hardly a stellar defender and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. I thought he was pretty poor against Leeds getting caught out defensively and being really really bad at putting the ball into the box (apart from that disallowed goal). He gets up and down really good and links play great but his end product is pretty poor. Friends crossing also leaves a lot to be desired but at least he can defend well.

Dropping nsue wouldn't be huge surprise. He is hardly a stellar defender and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. I thought he was pretty poor against Leeds getting caught out defensively and being really really bad at putting the ball into the box (apart from that disallowed goal). He gets up and down really good and links play great but his end product is pretty poor. Friends crossing also leaves a lot to be desired but at least he can defend well.

TBH I think he is the only player in this team who can actually cross a ball effectively

After that performance against Leeds, I am very confident we will turn this around. Cant understand why so many were saying we were poor at Leeds, we battered them! Having a week away will have had a huge benefit for the squad. The season will turn around here

----------------Dimi---------------

De Laet---Ayala--Kalas---Friend

------Leadbitter---Forshaw------

Adomah----Ramirez----Downing

--------------Rhodes---------------

We wont start with 4-4-2 and rightly so, it worked for a spell against Leeds but we will just get overrun in midfield if we start like that. We have played with the 4-2-3-1 for years and its worked wonders, no need to change it as a result of a small blip.

If Fried is fit he will surely start, De Laet is premier league quality and has to be in the team. Would be tempted to put Nsue RW but Adomah surely deserves a start after his performance at Leeds, Stuani hasnt done enough to start.

3-1 Boro Rhodes x2 Downing