• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive game. I think it's about time AK ditched his antiquated 4231 system, yes it's brought us this far but it's quite clear it no longer works. When going 442 against Rovets and Leeds we looked a far better team.

Fingers crossed Ayala and Friemd are nearing full fitness.

Dimi

De Laet

Ayala

Fry

Friend

Adomah

Clayton

Forshaw

Ramirez

Rhodes

Nugent

3-0 Boro Rhodes fgs.

Id probably go with that team KM although would probably give Downing a chance on the wing if we choose a positive 442.

I really liked the look of Ramirez on Monday so want him to stay in the team. You can tell he's got that extra bit of quality. Think a spell on the bench is what Downing needs.

I think a lot will depend on the first 11 that's named. I can't be confident in a team missing Friend, Gibson, Ayala and Clayton. I wouldn't be confident in the team missing two of these.

This will probably be the type of game where we need Rhodes to payback part of that £9million. Really wouldn't be surprised with a draw

But there will be players on the pitch with a point to prove and the opportunity to get a foothold on a starting place. It will all really depends on AK's tactics, will he instruct the team to play ultra defensive because of the missing key players. I think he will probably err on the side of caution, but hopefully we may just snatch a late goal or get a penalty.

Massive game. I think it's about time AK ditched his antiquated 4231 system, yes it's brought us this far but it's quite clear it no longer works. When going 442 against Rovets and Leeds we looked a far better team.

Fingers crossed Ayala and Friemd are nearing full fitness.

Dimi

De Laet

Ayala

Fry

Friend

Adomah

Clayton

Forshaw

Ramirez

Rhodes

Nugent

3-0 Boro Rhodes fgs.

dear god :( :( :(

mclaren once said that boro fans needed educating, i think he was right :cool:

The same McClaren who's working wonders at Newcastle. If anything it's he who needs educating. ;)

Give me one reason why we should persist with the 4231 formation other than the fact it's worked in the past, it has run its course over the last 5 games...

The same McClaren who's working wonders at Newcastle. If anything it's he who needs educating. ;)

Give me one reason why we should persist with the 4231 formation other than the fact it's worked in the past, it has run its course over the last 5 games...

because it has worked for the last 2 and a half years, have you ever kicked a football?

I'm not even convinced we went 442 against Leeds. Just looked like Nugent went into the no10 role when he came on.

we didn't go 442 against Leeds.

I'm not even convinced we went 442 against Leeds. Just looked like Nugent went into the no10 role when he came on.

Well whatever happened we looked a lot more livelier when Adomah and Nugent came on so I'd like to see them both start on Tuesday.

Just seen that Sammy Ameobi should be fit for the game. If memory serves me correctly it was versus Cardiff that he played an absolute blinder for us (his one and only blinder). Hope he doesn't return the favour on Tuesday!

because it has worked for the last 2 and a half years, have you ever kicked a football?

But it hasn't worked in the last 5 games. We can't just carry on in the same manner hoping that it finally clicks again, we need to be proactive, just try something different.

But it hasn't worked in the last 5 games. We can't just carry on in the same manner hoping that it finally clicks again, we need to be proactive, just try something different.

Its a blip, do you really think a 5 game bad spell warrants a complete overhaul of the system we have played for 2 years successfully?