oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 3-1

Seriously in the grand scheme of things how important would a positive Boro result be tomorrow?

Baring these games in mind also playing tomorrow

Ipswich V Hull (can see a home win or draw here)

Bristol V Brighton (again can see home win or draw)

Burnley V Forest (draw a possibility though hedging towards home win)

Sheffield W V QPR (can not see anything but home win)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be easy to say it's so important to win tomorrow. But given the negative comments on the performances, I reckon the mood would be uplifted slightly even if we drew as long as we created plenty of chances, i.e. we put in a performance worthy of winning. Give people back the belief that the system can work and rather than there being an air of frustration in the stands, bring back that feeling of an inevitable breakthrough.

One thing is for sure, if we lose this game at home. This supposed blip in our performance of late becomes a very serious concern.

Even the most optimistic fan must recognise that.

This is a must win game. And possibly T.M.I.G.O.T.S.S.F.

UTB

Seriously in the grand scheme of things how important would a positive Boro result be tomorrow?

I think the best we can hope for tomorrow is 2nd spot can't see Burnley not beating Forest. But all this is irrelevant if we don't win ourselves.

I think the best we can hope for tomorrow is 2nd spot can't see Burnley not beating Forest. But all this is irrelevant if we don't win ourselves.

Why can't you see Burnley not beating Forest? They laboured to a win over Rotherham, Forest are a good side.

Burnley's home record is pretty much identical to ours except they score more goals and having played 1 game extra, have won one more game. Forest don't see an awful lot of goals in their away games at either end of the pitch. It's probably safe to say if Burnley score a single goal, they'll probably win. I hope not but I still think Burnley will have too much for them.

Listening to the press conference, Friend and Ayala will play if they are ready but Aitor's got one eye on the fixture list and probably won't want to bring them back too early if he can afford to. Also big praise for De Laet so the idea of him taking Nsue's spot at right back should Friend come back into the side would not be surprising.

Guess the big question is does he keep Nsue in the team regardless of whether De Laet plays RB.

Good post Snowblind. Our problem isn't the way we line up it's rather that teams play with 8-9 men in their own half as soon as we have the ball. No matter how hard we line up we will always be out numbered as soon as we cross the half way line. A point against us is a good point for any team in this division. We may have had a blip for the past 5 games yet we have had three draws with two of them coming from losing positions.

If teams can counter our formation with such ease then there is a problem with it.

The problem is that there's been too much disruption and too many players out of form at the same time. You can carry two maybe three players out of form/injured but more than that and you start to struggle.