oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 3-1

Much better performance tonight! Showed great resilience to come from behind and we drove forward really well.

Ramirez looked quality, adomah looked like a man possessed and the rest of the team supported them well.

Ali would have loved it! :)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nugent has hardly been very impressive all season. Rhodes has been good at Blackburn and has started really well here by scoring and getting into plenty of scoring positions. It looks like he is a much better fit for our lineup than Nugent and a 20 minute cameo with a goal from Nugent won't change that. Maybe 2-3 in a row but not one.

Does anyone have a links to the goals?

By Karanka's usual decision making, Nugent would surely have to start the next game. I'd be disappointed if I was Nugent and never started at Fulham, how else is he supposed to put his name on the starting XI of the team sheet?

Not that I feel more comfortable with him on the pitch but it depends what Karanka thinks.

Well he's got a choice a player that's scored one or one that's created 2 and had another 4 chances...I know which I'd pick

So do I, I'd pick Rhodes, but like I said, how does Nugent get back in the team? Does he have to score more than 1? How can Karanka be fair to Nugent?

Rhodes had 75 minutes, Nugent had 20. Rhodes scored 0 goals, Nugent scored 1. Is that the stat that matters to Karanka? It may well be. We'll find out on Saturday.

Not that it matters too much right now, I guess because we have got a lot of games coming up and I would be surprised if Nugent doesn't get into the team one game or another.

There should be no sentiment off AK, he didn't show any for Kike.

Rhodes is our best striker, end of story. Over and out.

Nugent has hardly been very impressive all season. Rhodes has been good at Blackburn and has started really well here by scoring and getting into plenty of scoring positions. It looks like he is a much better fit for our lineup than Nugent and a 20 minute cameo with a goal from Nugent won't change that. Maybe 2-3 in a row but not one.

Does anyone have a links to the goals?

Should be up on sky sports soon, will post a link as soon as I see them.

Great game that was the standard we should be playing at. It wasnt intense just positive forward thinking play. I cant fault anyone tonight even Rhodes despite missing several chances was getting in the positions. Although Ramirez for me was man of the match. Dimi as well proving what a revelation he has been since coming making the key saves and claiming the crosses when it mattered. What a performance and a great way to send off Ali Brownlee.

If there are two strikers who have done the business in the championship, its Nugent and Rhodes. The fact we have both is a real blessing.

A great victory tonight after what was a really emotionally charged game. Credit to Adomah and Ramirez, who sounded class.

Dael Fry, you LAD. Stepping up to the plate, yet again.

PHEW bloody well needed that.

Thank goodness, bedding currently on the line being dried out (for tonight anyway)

UTB  :heart:

Very relieved Badger warren tonight, but why has AK removed the handbrake tonight ? for only the 3rd time this season ? (baffles me) not out the woods yet but will take the dry laundry and sleep on it

:D

Badger in Asia

Great day for us today.

Looking ahead, at the end of Friday 4th March, for a day we'll see for a short time what the current top 6 look like after 34 games a-piece. We'll still have our game in hand against Reading to come but before the rest of the teams play on Saturday, we play Wolves at home. If we're sat in the top 2 at that point, it will definitely be positive.

Just got back from the game. Adomah was awesomesauce tonight. When he's on form, I don't think anyone can stop us. Shame he blows hot and cold so much.

Also speaking of cold, tonight was ***ing freezing. Was the north-east always this cold?