• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Snowblind. Our problem isn't the way we line up it's rather that teams play with 8-9 men in their own half as soon as we have the ball. No matter how hard we line up we will always be out numbered as soon as we cross the half way line. A point against us is a good point for any team in this division. We may have had a blip for the past 5 games yet we have had three draws with two of them coming from losing positions.

If teams can counter our formation with such ease then there is a problem with it.

The problem is that there's been too much disruption and too many players out of form at the same time. You can carry two maybe three players out of form/injured but more than that and you start to struggle.

It's a point, Humpty, but the reality is that even the worlds best teams struggle when there's numerous buses parked in front of them. I remember a few years ago the outcry over Chelsea throwing every man, his dog and the stampede that killed Mufasa behind the ball against Barca, but they got the result - which, at the end of the day, was all that mattered.

Good post Snowblind. Our problem isn't the way we line up it's rather that teams play with 8-9 men in their own half as soon as we have the ball. No matter how hard we line up we will always be out numbered as soon as we cross the half way line. A point against us is a good point for any team in this division. We may have had a blip for the past 5 games yet we have had three draws with two of them coming from losing positions.

If teams can counter our formation with such ease then there is a problem with it.

The problem is that there's been too much disruption and too many players out of form at the same time. You can carry two maybe three players out of form/injured but more than that and you start to struggle.

It's a point, Humpty, but the reality is that even the worlds best teams struggle when there's numerous buses parked in front of them. I remember a few years ago the outcry over Chelsea throwing every man, his dog and the stampede that killed Mufasa behind the ball against Barca, but they got the result - which, at the end of the day, was all that mattered.

I fail to see that teams parking the bus against us is an excuse, as surely they park the bus against the other top teams too?

Teams will be parking the bus against Hull and Burnley and they seem to break these teams down. Same with Bournemouth last year. It's failure on our behalf.

I fail to see that teams parking the bus against us is an excuse, as surely they park the bus against the other top teams too?

Teams will be parking the bus against Hull and Burnley and they seem to break these teams down. Same with Bournemouth last year. It's failure on our behalf.

They are hardly breaking teams down any better than us considering Burnley has a worse games/points ratio than us and Hull's is only 0,01 better. They have scored more yes, but they are worse at defending. This may come as a shock to some,  but neither Hull nor Burnely are doing any better than us. We are neck n neck with these teams, so they are failing just as much as we are.

They are hardly breaking teams down any better than us considering Burnley has a worse games/points ratio than us and Hull's is only 0,01 better. They have scored more yes, but they are worse at defending. This may come as a shock to some,  but neither Hull nor Burnely are doing any better than us. We are neck n neck with these teams, so they are failing just as much as we are.

I was referring to their ability to break teams down who come to park the bus, not their general play.

I looked at the stats, so far against the current bottom 6 of the division, the top three sides have taken the following amount of points;

1. Burnley 30 points

2. Hull 17 points

3. Boro 12 points.

I found this unbelievable. Our record against the lower teams is abysmal, when in comparison with Burnley especially who have destroyed the bottom teams, with results such as 5-0 Dons, 4-0 Charlton, 4-0 Bristol City.

This was our downfall last year too, we had the best record against the top teams and failed to go up as couldn't beat the worse teams in the division.

Watford had the worst record against the teams around them, but went up as they beat the lower teams.

The pattern is there.

Urgh, that is an appalling record. How many games have the other teams played, because we still have four games left against the bottom 6. Looking at Burnleys points I imagine they have played all their 12 games against the bottom 6.

Yes there is an alarming similarity to last season surfacing that is again another reason why the rot has to stop and the blip has to be reversed so here it is reversed.........................pilb!

That should do it!

Goals will be shown as they go in on Sky tonight