• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it will run pretty close this one, especially with Friend for the sake of balance. They'll probably go through a fitness check in an hour or so before AK makes his decision on whether they make the squad.

Hasn't Holloway completely changed his tune on Boro over the last month? After the defeat of Derby it was all sunshine and rainbows, Middlesbrough will be pretty much unstoppable and will destroy this league. Now all of a sudden he has no faith in us doing anything.

Sounds like a few people on here, actually! :D

It's strange really because we've been doing so well since Derby...

I agree, as it stands, it's impossible to predict a result until the line-up is announced.

Thanks BWS and with that in mind the return of DS award will apply tonight.

FGS and time of first goal. 0-0 null and void

AK likes a few mind games, I think one of Ayala/Friend will start, probably Ayala to add support to young Fry and leave George a few more days until Fulham at the weekend.

Score prediction for the DS award, 3-0, FGS Rhodes 14 minutes.

I've seen Cardiff play more times than I've seen anyone else this season and they always flatter to deceive in my opinion. 9 times out of 10 they look awful but somehow get a result. If we play anywhere near our best tonight we will win, we need to get the monkey off of our back.

2-0 Boro, Rhodes to score first in the 17th minute

Cardiff's away record is nothing to write home about - 4 wins in 16 games. Two of those wins have come in the last few away games though in fairness at Huddersfield and Wolves though so not necessarily impressive by themselves.

A fully fit and firing Boro and we'd be looking at this is a game we should win with plenty of confidence. But we're not fully fit and firing and our last two home games and last few games in general have been less than impressive. Against we Leeds we at least looked a bit more likely to do something in the second half but the first half was woeful and the problem is we're just as likely to produce more of that than anything else. I hope we can get an early goal to maybe build a bit of confidence and then push on and dictate things. The longer we stay 0-0 the more the nerves are going to kick in so I'd love to see a fast start from us.

I'm not sure what type of occasion it's going to be with the Ali Brownlee stuff going on but I hope it helps put a bit of fire in our bellies. I can't think of anything less appropriate than a tedious draw or defeat.

My prediction for first scorer would be Ayala if he's in the team but seen as we have no idea whether that is the case, I think I'll play safe and go for Rhodes, 16 minutes. Sticking with 2-0 to the Boro.

Hasn't Holloway completely changed his tune on Boro over the last month? After the defeat of Derby it was all sunshine and rainbows, Middlesbrough will be pretty much unstoppable and will destroy this league. Now all of a sudden he has no faith in us doing anything.

Sounds like a few people on here, actually! :D

It's strange really because we've been doing so well since Derby...

^^^^True. I don't suppose he expected us to become complete garbage!!!