oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Cardiff 3-1

Just watched the highlights that looked a lot better than what we've had to put up with recently. The Marbella trip seems to have done the likes of Adomah the world of good. He looked back to his old self. I was probably a bit harsh on Rhodes earlier, his shot lead to the opening goal and keeper made 1 or 2 good saves from him but as mentioned before it's a good sign he's getting so many chances. It's only a matter of time before he starts putting them away.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Nugent to start for me on Saturday, I'm afraid , But its an opinion. But HEH, get this, its based on a fans opinion. Which, HEH, could possibly be better informed than yours. Who knows, because YOU DON'T.

Just watched the highlights that looked a lot better than what we've had to put up with recently. The Marbella trip seems to have done the likes of Adomah the world of good. He looked back to his old self. I was probably a bit harsh on Rhodes earlier, his shot lead to the opening goal and keeper made 1 or 2 good saves from him but as mentioned before it's a good sign he's getting so many chances. It's only a matter of time before he starts putting them away.

I genuinely think you may have absorbed NB when he got banned, you never used to be this sensationalist and emotional :P

Rhodes will score, and the fact he's getting that many chances is a good thing - it means we're creating a lot!

Also, is Ritchie De Laet having a cheeky bit of cake in that photo? Definitely tucking into something there!

Nice moment from the players, in the dressing room holding up shirts saying One Of Our Own for Ali Brownlee.

Warning to Red Rocket: Shirtless Nugent in picture. Keep calm ;)

Ritchie De Laet is just having his dinner.

Nice moment from the players, in the dressing room holding up shirts saying One Of Our Own for Ali Brownlee.

Warning to Red Rocket: Shirtless Nugent in picture. Keep calm ;)

Ritchie De Laet just havin' a parmo in memory of Ali, true Boro man now.

seen how fuming rhodes looked when missing the volley. he'll score a bag full for us, top signing.

We are back after tonight, went 0-1 down and it never affected us we just carried on and eventually put chances away and won comfortably. they are a side in decent forum and they created a few chances themselves, i expected that with reserve cb's playing it was always going to be tough to keep them from having a sniff at goal.

what a difference our new signings have made, the bench is full of top championship players. Loads of options and that means we are less reliant on a few individuals to win us games all the time.

UTB

I genuinely think you may have absorbed NB when he got banned, you never used to be this sensationalist and emotional :P

Rhodes will score, and the fact he's getting that many chances is a good thing - it means we're creating a lot!

Also, is Ritchie De Laet having a cheeky bit of cake in that photo? Definitely tucking into something there!

I'm always like this when we play but I try not to show it too much on the forum and I just let NB do all the bedwetting. :P

But our recent blip or whatever you want to call it has really frustrated me so i couldn't stop myself from sharing my frustration on the forum, same again on Saturday. :D

That Fabio goal was a belter, absolute worldy, lad will probably never hit the ball better than that, seems like we were quite unlucky to concede.

Rhodes could have had a hat-trick on another day with those chances. Very unlucky.

Can we put to bed the '4-2-3-1 doesn't work' stuff now? In many ways, Rhodes is the perfect man for this system, we just need to continue making more chances like we did today. The midfielders behind him have to support him more.

Anyone at the game care to say whether having Friend back made a big difference? I can imagine having that balance back would have helped.

I've watched the highlights numerous times now and while I know they don't tell everything about the game, they do show the bits in which we carved out some chances and there are some things in them we haven't been doing recently.

It looked like CM's were finally driving forward again, a few times Leads and Forshaw can be seen hanging around the edge of the box, Leadbitter even dispossesses a player and drives forward with it. That's refreshing.

Rhodes was all over the place, in a good way. Seemed to pull their CB's all over the shop, Leadbitters aforementioned run Rhodes had actually made a really good run that Leadbitter probably should have seen. Not only that but Rhodes danced around a guy to get the shot off that lead to the equaliser, had a nice cushioned header down to Ramirez for the second & was in the position to score at least 2 more. It's nice having someone getting in the right places.

Adomah was in like..every highlight I swear. Robbing people, driving at defenders, popping up on both the left and the right - at one point he was in the middle of the six yard box he was bursting to get forward so hard. THIS is the AA we need for the rest of the year.

And Ramirez. Wow. What an absolute signing this guy is already turning out to be. I can't stop watching his goal. It's like time just froze as the ball came to him, he had all the time in the world just to take that down, square up his body and place it right into the top corner. He was running at players, getting himself involved, looking for the killer pass. He won a penalty in which he forced the defender into a stupid tackle as a last ditch attempt or he had a clear sight of goal.

I'd like to see what people who were there said about our performance and player ratings and things, but from those highlights it looks like our front 4 may have finally clicked. Should have had 6 or 7 tonight.

I've watched the highlights numerous times now and while I know they don't tell everything about the game, they do show the bits in which we carved out some chances and there are some things in them we haven't been doing recently.

It looked like CM's were finally driving forward again, a few times Leads and Forshaw can be seen hanging around the edge of the box, Leadbitter even dispossesses a player and drives forward with it. That's refreshing.

Rhodes was all over the place, in a good way. Seemed to pull their CB's all over the shop, Leadbitters aforementioned run Rhodes had actually made a really good run that Leadbitter probably should have seen. Not only that but Rhodes danced around a guy to get the shot off that lead to the equaliser, had a nice cushioned header down to Ramirez for the second & was in the position to score at least 2 more. It's nice having someone getting in the right places.

Adomah was in like..every highlight I swear. Robbing people, driving at defenders, popping up on both the left and the right - at one point he was in the middle of the six yard box he was bursting to get forward so hard. THIS is the AA we need for the rest of the year.

And Ramirez. Wow. What an absolute signing this guy is already turning out to be. I can't stop watching his goal. It's like time just froze as the ball came to him, he had all the time in the world just to take that down, square up his body and place it right into the top corner. He was running at players, getting himself involved, looking for the killer pass. He won a penalty in which he forced the defender into a stupid tackle as a last ditch attempt or he had a clear sight of goal.

I'd like to see what people who were there said about our performance and player ratings and things, but from those highlights it looks like our front 4 may have finally clicked. Should have had 6 or 7 tonight.

I think you sum it up well and my only observation would be that the system can and does work when we get back as we did tonight to going forward with a sense of purpose .... and one other thing was that Cardiff were one of the better teams we have seen at the Riverside this season

These missed chances are showing Rhodes will not struggle to score goals, he's getting plenty of chances in this formation, his knack of finding space in the box is second to none. Law of averages lads, he'll bag soon.

the reason we are creating chances is because of him, he just has that knack. the lads will be looking for him all the time, a real threat for us now, the aimless lack of direction passing sideways is a thing of the past(hopefully)

I think not having Stuani in the team might have helped as well tbh.

Fantastic performance tonight from the team, would have been easy to cave in after going a goal down. We created chance after chance, Rhodes movement was brilliant, shows he can play up front by himself, just a shame about his finishing :D Ramirez was fantastic, this shows why we play this system and not 4-4-2. He was involved in everything as was Adomah. He is like a different player. Forshaw quality again, my MOTM. So much more effective going forward with him in there. Wasnt convinced with Kalas at CB, Fry was quality once again, he is going to be some player. Dimi continues to show his quality time and time again, those two saves were brilliant.

Disappointed with Downing again though, he really didnt look interested, should start the Fulham game on the bench, Leadbitter was poor too, his passing was shocking and he gave the ball away time after time tonight. Clayton and Forshaw is a must but we have been saying this for a year now.

Really do believe we turned the corner tonight, fantastic performance and a convincing win against a good team. Win on Saturday and we are flying again. Wonder if Nugent will start on Saturday now? Although Rhodes missed alot of chances the rest of his game was very good tonight. Nugent did take that goal well though, interesting decision to make.

Also 10/10 for Kalas' somersault in front of the south stand :D

These missed chances are showing Rhodes will not struggle to score goals, he's getting plenty of chances in this formation, his knack of finding space in the box is second to none. Law of averages lads, he'll bag soon.

the reason we are creating chances is because of him, he just has that knack. the lads will be looking for him all the time, a real threat for us now, the aimless lack of direction passing sideways is a thing of the past(hopefully)

I think not having Stuani in the team might have helped as well tbh.

Well I think it's more having adomah on his natural side & looking like he actually wants to play football again that has helped. A by product of which is stuani being dropped.

Still. You know your team is stacked when you can drop a regular Uruguay international to the bench and not lose quality.