Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

"Someone give Rhodes a blackburn shirt so he start to bang them in...."

I still stand by that

Yes he is new and he needs to learn how we play etc etc, I buy that, its common sense, but in a blackburn shirt he had scored atleast one. He dont have to learn how his new team plays to score the chances he get does he? He needs to learn how the team plays to get the chances and that he allready understand so not bad there.

He's already scored 1 though..

I meant yesterday :) But yes he done good, but some of his chances been truly golden and Iam certain he had put them away in Blackburn. I think he feels the burden of his pricetag some too, but thats also natural. I am sure he will be great for us.

Jeez, that's quite a roll call of embarrassment. Few points from me:

- Really enjoyed last night, in the end. Thought we took the positives from the Leeds game and extrapolated them across, well, not 90 minutes, but certainly 70. Really happy to see us create.

- Nsue and Adomah linking up like they did last night could be absolutely vital for us breaking down teams from here on in. I understand that some opponents may call for Stuani, but these two are a real handful for full backs.

- That said, Nsue should sign a contract promising to never attempt a header on goal. 50p Head doesn't cover it.

- Rhodes and Ramirez will be our Vossen and Bamford from here on in, I think - the go-to pairing of choice. Convinced the goals will come soon for JR.

- A few people have said that the only thing Nugent did last night was score, and even then it was a sitter so he more or less had to. He actually did a few other things really well too. Harassed two defenders into making mistakes which led to a chance, and played a lovely disguised header to Ramirez that played a part in winning the penalty, completely took the CB out of the game. It was right in front of me and it was very clever. I'm not advocating that he starts on Saturday, just pointing out that he definitely has something to offer.

- There was some halfwit next to me who moaned when Nugent came on, and then didn't celebrate when he score. That's when your priorities are wrong.

- Hopefully the 24,000-odd will be there from here on in for the rest of the season. There was understandable tension before we scored the 3rd, but aside from that the atmosphere was class.

- What a tribute to Ali! As some of you know, I know some of the Brownlee family really well, and I know they were delighted with how it went, and I was watching the highlights just now imagining how the big man would have described them. The club did themselves a credit with how it was organised and carried out.

Dear me, not celebrating a Boro goal? Even I'm not that bad. :D

Really excited with the Ramirez and Rhodes partnership which you mention. Could be just what we need to take us over the finishing line. I hope we get Ramirez on a permanent deal whichever division we're in, he looks quite the player and is perfect in this system.

can anyone remember the last striker to have so many chances in one game for us? i dont recall kike or nuge getting into that many good scoring positions in one game? rhodes is the best striker we've had(by far) since forever ago.

can anyone remember the last striker to have so many chances in one game for us? i dont recall kike or nuge getting into that many good scoring positions in one game? rhodes is the best striker we've had(by far) since forever ago.

Alves.... But he also missed them all ;)

Rhodes would score goals whatever club he plays for, even the great strikers miss them, Rhodes would already have 2 goals for us but for a incompetent official at Leeds.

Rhodes record tells anyone that he's a goal scorer, surely people aren't making their minds up about him over a couple of chances missed in one game.

Rhodes is not lightning quick, cannot turn on a sixpence nor does he tower over the centre backs, but the funny thing is when the ball is in or near the opposition box and there is a chance of an opportunity on goal, then the defenders are nowhere near him, the sign of a quality striker I guess.

On last night's showing and seeing him at MK I am not concerned one jot that he will not produce the goods.

His time will come and probably very soon due to the chances we are beginning to create, in fact hopefully the rest of he team might be prepared to take a pop themselves and if the keeper parries it then good chance the rebound will fall to Rhodes

Rhodes is not lightning quick, cannot turn on a sixpence nor does he tower over the centre backs, but the funny thing is when the ball is in or near the opposition box and there is a chance of an opportunity on goal, then the defenders are nowhere near him, the sign of a quality striker I guess.

Think that describes him petty well. His movement before the own goal last night was lovely. Defender didn't have a clue.

On another night like that he would score a couple

What i found refreshing (and have only seen the highlights) is that there were bodies in and around the box. Too often this season, Nuge has been isolated with nobody following in. The pen was a classic example, great little cushioned header and there was Ramirez to latch on to it. Usually this season the defender would have had about a week to get rid.

Having watched them several times, Rhodes was really unlucky with the header, did everything right but was a really good save from Marshall.

"We've spunked too many chances this half. I hope we don't end up regretting it."

===================================================

Curious about which bit of this was so unreasonable?? I'd stand by it.

Listening on the Welsh radio, and the commentators were pretty much saying that we could have put the game to bed by half time.

It's easy to be smug about the real-time comments when you go back a read them when you know we've won 3-1.

As for folks being disappointed (and concerned) when we went 1-0 and their comments.... COULD it have anything to do with the garbage way we'd played in the last five matches.

I can guarantee that no one would have been too bothered, had we all known that we'd win 3-1..... (like Mr.Smug who was reading them all with the benefit of hindsight).

Anyway..... let's hope we can carry the form forwards. Last night sounded great. Cheers.

.....and COME ON BORO !!!