• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Ayala has managed to train at all in Spain?! Wouldn't be surprised to see Nugent in behind Rhodes tomorrow and downing on the bench. Whatever happens il happily take a scrappy 1-0 to boro!! Just needa kick start to go on a run again I'm sure of it

Adomah and Nugent should start tomorrow

Why Nugent? Has been poor for the last few games.

Because we've looked a lot better when both him and Rhodes have been on the pitch together.

Good post Snowblind. Our problem isn't the way we line up it's rather that teams play with 8-9 men in their own half as soon as we have the ball. No matter how hard we line up we will always be out numbered as soon as we cross the half way line. A point against us is a good point for any team in this division. We may have had a blip for the past 5 games yet we have had three draws with two of them coming from losing positions.

We now have 7 games in the next 25 days so we have every opportunity to get back into our groove instead of all these mini breaks. I firmly believe that our new attack will start to click and we will be the team to open the scoring and thus opening up the games.

We get forward in such a slow and laboured way these days, with multiple sideways and backwards passes, pretty much every team would struggle NOT to get 8-9 men in their own half, or behind the ball. we haven't attacked with speed for weeks and weeks.

Unless something dramatic has happened in Spain, I think you'd have to bet on 0-0, 0-1, or 1-0 as the likely outcomes tomorrow night..... and probably in that order.

Also, now that Hull have an FA Cup replay against ***nal, apparently they have a run of 10 games in 30 days coming up. The 10th game of that run is when they play us on that Friday night. I'm hoping two things....

1). That the game is still a big one.... (and that we haven't sunk out of sight by then)!! :-0

2). That Hull are knackered from all those games!

Cheers.... and COME ON BORO!!

Instead of worrying about not having Ayala, Friend, Clayton and Gibson, why dont we make sure that the other team has to worry about Rhodes, Downing, Ramirez, Adomah, Stuani etc?

We have such a good list of attacking players, yet our first thought is our defence. Change the mentality and go and batter teams from the off. Let THEM worry about stopping us rather than vice versa.

Because when you play to 'batter' teams, you get picked off by teams like us. Why do you think nobody throws the kitchen sink at us even when we're having a bad day? Ignoring our defensive duties would be ignoring what has seen us finish where we did last year and so far this year, ignoring what has made us difficult to beat by most teams.

True we don't seem to worry enough teams going forward recently but I think we just haven't seen the best of our creative talents recently. Maybe scared to try something different or scared to run at players but I think mainly because our passing in the final third hasn't been up to scratch. We improve that again and we can get back to winning games by 1 or 2 goals whilst barely conceding at the other end.

Despite the past 5 games, we still have the best defence in the league and it ain't broken when they're fit so I'd rather we not forget about that through some expectation that if we decided to continue busting guts to get forward with the players we have, we would score a bucket-load. We do that and it doesn't come off, we will certainly be out of the promotion picture sooner rather than later.

Additionally, the way we play will suit us better if we go up. I know the argument is we need to get up first but changing system now to change back when we go up could really mess with the team too much.

We've looked more desperate. When Nugent came on against Leeds, his touch was awful and he didn't know where to position himself. The only reason that we looked more positive was because Adomah was running at a tired defence.

We've looked more likely to win when we've been desperate.

We've looked more desperate. When Nugent came on against Leeds, his touch was awful and he didn't know where to position himself. The only reason that we looked more positive was because Adomah was running at a tired defence.

I seem to remember that despite looking bright when he came on (as you say, made to look better by the tired Leeds defense), two of his crosses when he cut inside were absolute dog dirt. He chose not to go round the outside and cut it back and instead cut inside onto his weak left foot. Albert of old would have skinned his man down the right and whipped a couple of balls in with his strong foot.

We've looked more likely to win when we've been desperate.

Yeah, you're referring to the 2 games where we were behind and had to do something to get back into the game. You're forgetting that the opposition no doubt felt they could just sit back and try to defend against us from the moment they got a goal. If we went into tomorrow's game with any air of being desperate from the off, Cardiff would tear us to shreds.

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Kalas De Laet

Forshaw Leadbitter

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

I am not a fan of Adomah but he at least looked lively at Leeds. The back line could be anything but assuming Friend is out and Ayala back then this looks reasonably balanced. If George is back I would be tempted to move De Laet over to the right.

Rhodes has to play every game if fit, as does Downing. Any talk of dropping him is madness in my opinion

Oh and it will be 4-2-3-1

3-1 with Rhodes to get his first home goal