oneBoro Forum

Boro v Fulham (A) 2-0

I'd keep the same team that started against Cardiff other than maybe Gibson for Kalas and De Laet for Nsue? I only say De Laet because he's a better defender than Nsue and we're going to have to be prepared for the McCormack/Dembele double act. Nsue tends to have lapses in concentration from time to time.

This is a massive game which we simply have to win which would set us up nicely for next week. If things go right we could be 4 points clear of Hull by next Friday night (assuming we win the next 3).

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Each game at a time KM.

Otherwise people get carried away like assuming we would be 9/10 points clear at the top right now.

Don't even want to think about the games in hand right now. We have more important games to concentrate on.

Each game at a time KM.

Otherwise people get carried away like assuming we would be 9/10 points clear at the top right now.

Don't even want to think about the games in hand right now. We have more important games to concentrate on.

Aye that's why I said assuming we win the next 3 but you're right lets take it 1 game at a time hopefully we can go on a little run now.

Each game at a time KM.

Aye that's why I said assuming we win the next 3 but you're right lets take it 1 game at a time hopefully we can go on a little run now.

That's not taking one game at a time KM :)

Each game at a time KM.

That's not taking one game at a time KM :)

:D

It is if you build the run by taking each game 1 by 1, if that makes any sense.

Interesting thoughts for people.

I would stick with Adomah on the right, i would even say he was incredible the other night (for the benefit of MMC haha). Full of confidence at the best player to expolit who ever the decide to put there.

I'd keep downing on the left. I can see how people can be dissapointed with him, but barring the Notts Forest game he hasn't even played that bad. He didn't really put a foot wrong the other night, and was supplying crosses. Everytime I watch him he seems to have time on the ball, that was until ramirez came, he creates even more time for himself. I just dont buy the criticism of downing, I still believe he is on of the oplayers who creates chances for us.

So for me same team. An ye take it one game at a time, in this league it would be silly to assume we would win the next 3.

It will surely be Fry and Gibson for this one. Kalas wasn't brought in for the Leeds game so I doubt he will be now either. Fry's performances will not have helped him one bit there.

Think the opening post team is spot on. I hope Rhodes starts but as I said in the Cardiff thread, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nugent come in for this one, despite it not being my personal preference.

Fulham score plenty wherever they are, they also concede a lot. I don't think it would be surprising to see a high-scoring game here.

3-1 Boro, Ramirez first scorer, McCormack to, as ever, score against us.

It will surely be Fry and Gibson for this one. Kalas wasn't brought in for the Leeds game so I doubt he will be now either. Fry's performances will not have helped him one bit there.

Think the opening post team is spot on. I hope Rhodes starts but as I said in the Cardiff thread, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nugent come in for this one, despite it not being my personal preference.

Fulham score plenty wherever they are, they also concede a lot. I don't think it would be surprising to see a high-scoring game here.

3-1 Boro, Ramirez first scorer, McCormack to, as ever, score against us.

I would stick with the same team v Cardiff but take out Kalas for Gibson.

Give Downing one last chance and if he doesn't perform bench him v Blackburn. Switching Ramirez from anywhere other than behind Rhodes would be a disaster as he played the perfect number 10 role v Cardiff.

Has RM played most games since January, was sure he was benched a couple times?

albert's form/attitude has completely turned on its head. i was wanting to freeze him out as a bad egg the other week and now he has turned back into the player i loved. i waited for about a year of bad form by him before slating him(a normal player would be waiting a month tops). :)

he has to start, you dont wait a year for a player to hit form and then not play him. ramirez is quality and will get better every game, another we have to start. downing is another one, for all his averageness he is still a premier league player and needs to play when fit. Rhodes is by far our best CF and will star.

same cdm's pretty obvious. defence x2 changes for me. kalas out gibson in and nsue drops to bench, away from home nsues defensive vulnerabilities were exposed at leeds, the big lad de laet to come in and muscle us up, solid back 4 all big lads, no weaknesses.

We'll blast fulham off the park. UTB

-----------Rhodes

downing Ramirez Adomah

--------leads forshaw

Friend --gibson fry-- de laet

------------dimi

I thought the back 4 played well enough against Cardiff to all have a moan if they are dropped. Gibson will obviously come back in though.

I thought Friend was the least effective of the four, but unless he suffers a relapse of his injury, I think he'll be a fixture from here on in.

Good opening post although I would question the bit about Cardiff being in middling form before us since they came into our game on the back of hammering Brighton and sounded decent but that aside I would go with the same side again againt Fulham

In answer to the Downing question I still think it would be utter madness to drop him , although Stewey might have to get used to starting on ther left if Ramirez follows up a few more No 10 games like this week , but the man is a premiership player and to suggest we are better without him is nuts in my opinion. Just as it has to be said moving Albert to the left is also madness as the man is not a left winger. I have been a critic of Albert on many an occassion but if he can produce more of the same on the right he will be a fxture. My fear , and a fear of lots I think , is that Albert is a 1 in 8 type of player and we may have had is good game on Tuesday.

So same again for me , and actually another 3-1 win

Cheers - as for the form, prior to that Brighton game, Cardiff had been very much mid-table in form guides over the last six and ten games. That was a heck of a result for them, mind! I didn't catch the whole of the second half of our game with having to nip to work, but I wonder if the closeness of our game to that match against Brighton might have helped us second half, with Cardiff tiring.

I agree with your worry about Albert and hope he stays focused!