oneBoro Forum

Has the academy production line broke down?

Cook is Box to Box, they score goals, look at Leadbitter ;) Freekicks and penalties counts

And yes I would rather have Morris on the bench than Zuccilini or Stephens. You have to dare some and as you say they hardly get any minutes amyway

You'd rather have Morris who hasn't impressed in lower divisions than a player with 96 career games against men & a player who DID impress in lower divisions?

Ok. 

"they hardly get any minutes anyway" yeh but if we were forced to put one on I sure as hell wouldn't be confident in Morris playing.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

But considering how some people see things why even have a first rate academy it costs money, we could spend those 3+millions on loans instead. As we are gonna fight for promotion or relegation the next seasons anyway...

Cook is Box to Box, they score goals, look at Leadbitter ;) Freekicks and penalties counts

And yes I would rather have Morris on the bench than Zuccilini or Stephens. You have to dare some and as you say they hardly get any minutes amyway

You'd rather have Morris who hasn't impressed in lower divisions than a player with 96 career games against men & a player who DID impress in lower divisions?

Ok. 

"they hardly get any minutes anyway" yeh but if we were forced to put one on I sure as hell wouldn't be confident in Morris playing.

well I dont think he would do worse than the tow we had instead, he would also play with better players that he had before. A lot of players struggle for different reasons at different clubs. I have faith. I even think Luke Williams are better than kike sola :)

But considering how some people see things why even have a first rate academy it costs money, we could spend those 3+millions on loans instead. As we are gonna fight for promotion or relegation the next seasons anyway...

That's a different matter altogether, all academy costs are exempt from FFP so we couldn't just move the money we spend on that onto first team players.

If Luke had been born in Bilbao maybe had also played in la liga

Or you mean Championship is better than La liga. Says a lot about that league if Kike Sola have played 100 games in it, here he will not play much more than he allready have (if Karanka not lost his mind)

That's a different matter altogether, all academy costs are exempt from FFP so we couldn't just move the money we spend on that onto first team players.

I am aware but I am sure we could find loopholes and Gibson could save some money for rainy days

I am aware but I am sure we could find loopholes and Gibson could save some money for rainy days

The problem is you're having discussions and backing you points up with an awful lot of "I'm sure" and "maybe he would if..." Which doesn't really answer anything.

Maybe Harry Chapman doesn't like paella so Karanka will never play him?

If Luke had been born in Bilbao maybe  had also played in la liga

Or you mean Championship is better than La liga. Says a lot about that league if Kike Sola have played 100 games in it, here he will not play much more than he allready have (if Karanka not lost his mind)

You realise he played 91 of his games for Osasuna right, not Bilbao?

Him coming here was a weird one, La Liga is a better league than the championship but Sola isn't currently the player he was when he played that much in the league. He's still better than Luke Williams.

Your arguments get more ridiculous by the post.

Well for me its not a question about being on loan vs being on our bench

A loan is better I think most agree to that, but when the player is not out on loan I rather see our own youths on the bench than I want a Zuccilini or a Stephens.

If we have all our talanted youth out on loan at the same time yes then maybe a Zuccilini and Stephens would be a good idea. But that was hardly the case at the time.

So of our current bench who could you replace with a youth player

Our current bench noone, and I havent said so either. I am questionings the loans of Zuccilini and Stephens.

So who would have replaced them from our youth team?

A loan is better I think most agree to that, but when the player is not out on loan I rather see our own youths on the bench than I want a Zuccilini or a Stephens.

If we have all our talanted youth out on loan at the same time yes then maybe a Zuccilini and Stephens would be a good idea. But that was hardly the case at the time.

Our current bench noone, and I havent said so either. I am questionings the loans of Zuccilini and Stephens.

Noone? Doesn't he play for cardiff

So who would have replaced them from our youth team?

Cook, Morris, Maloney, Jones (even though is more offensive midfielder) Kitching