oneBoro Forum

Has the academy production line broke down?

Well for me its not a question about being on loan vs being on our bench

A loan is better I think most agree to that, but when the player is not out on loan I rather see our own youths on the bench than I want a Zuccilini or a Stephens.

If we have all our talanted youth out on loan at the same time yes then maybe a Zuccilini and Stephens would be a good idea. But that was hardly the case at the time.

So of our current bench who could you replace with a youth player

Our current bench noone, and I havent said so either. I am questionings the loans of Zuccilini and Stephens.

Noone? Doesn't he play for cardiff

No one.... English is my third language so my grammar is not top notch

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

A loan is better I think most agree to that, but when the player is not out on loan I rather see our own youths on the bench than I want a Zuccilini or a Stephens.

If we have all our talanted youth out on loan at the same time yes then maybe a Zuccilini and Stephens would be a good idea. But that was hardly the case at the time.

Our current bench noone, and I havent said so either. I am questionings the loans of Zuccilini and Stephens.

So who would have replaced them from our youth team?

Cook, Morris, Maloney, Jones (even though is more offensive midfielder) Kitching

Have you seen any of them play?

Please tell me why Cooke, Morris, Maloney, Jones or Kitching should be on our bench. How do they deserve it?

They come from our academy :)

Why do Zuccilini and Stepehens deserve to be in our bench. Merit? Then our youngsters will never have a chance as they will never have the merit..... or do they have to go out on loan first and be 20+ years?

Chapman will not surpass Kike Sola for playig in league one so if we gonna think like that we can loan 29 years old from la liga every season they have merit our youngsters will never have....

But I am not gonna discuss this, it leads nowhere more than you getting ***ed at me.... I can save you that

Thats a good question Brunners, for balance many times have you seen the youths play

I admit not very much, but I hadent seen Zuccilini, stephens or Kike Sola before either.

I wonder how much Karanka had seen Zuccilini and Stephens compared to our youths?

So who would have replaced them from our youth team?

Cook, Morris, Maloney, Jones (even though is more offensive midfielder) Kitching

What is it about them that makes them better than Zucculini, or are you just picking out random players to make your point?

Whats peoples problem with Zucculini btw? He looked good in the few games he played for us, not a bad option to have off the bench. Very highly rated by the sounds of it. He has played over 100 games, played in la liga and for his country at youth level. How can anyone argue that Cooke, Morris or Maloney are better?

Cook looks decent to me but championship level? not so sure

Morris has been out on loan and doesnt look to have impressed anywhere

Maloney looks decent but he is tiny, doubt he would have the physical ability to compete in a championship midfield

Thats a good question Brunners, for balance many times have you seen the youths play

But I'm not the one arguing our youths should be on our bench over 2 players I did see a few times and have more recorded experience we can use to gauge their ability.

This argument is ridiculous, players that we have never seen play should be in the team over experienced players on loan simply because they play for our academy?

In that case lets get Cameron Park back from non league and stick him on the bench, he might be a useless footballer but at least he is local

well the point was that we brought Zuccilini in as a cover player, we all agree on that dont we? I agree he is a better chice than Stephens I suppose I should focus on Stephens instead to make a better point.

I am against loaning cover players like that. I see the othersides points too, but I dont agree to it. But Karanka and those who think like him likes to play it safe, why we loaned Kike Sola, its safer than say having Chapman or Fewster as thrid choice attacker. I see the point but I dont agree :)

This argument is ridiculous, players that we have never seen play should be in the team over experienced players on loan simply because they play for our academy?

In that case lets get Cameron Park back from non league and stick him on the bench, he might be a useless footballer but at least he is local

I think Nathan Porritt and Jon Franks might still be knocking around too.

I think Nathan Porritt and Jon Franks might still be knocking around too.

Franks absolutely, Teessides Messi :)

Of course this isnt really about Stephens or Zucculini, its just another excuse to criticise Karanka

Haha realy? I love Karanka and has from the start so try something else pls.....

Didnt particually mean you, just this thread in general