oneBoro Forum

Has the academy production line broke down?

Every team from next year is going to be pretty god damn rich. Maybe not billion pound rich but rich enough to do what we need to do.

You'd think so but one Neymar or levandowski and that's your money gone.  Man Utd will spend the whole tv money next yr wears we need a fair chunk for wages and some savings in case we go down

If 86m isn't enough to keep us up, we deserve to go down (if we make it up in the first place of course)

But everyone else has the 86 million and the money and players from previous seasons and for some billionaire owners

Lets just give up then

Ooh your pushing it there. No ones mentioned giving in

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is this: IMO there's only going to be more Parity in the PL with the new TV deal because every team will be able to afford better players and more teams should be playing for continental qualification.

My point is this: IMO there's only going to be more Parity in the PL with the new TV deal because every team will be able to afford better players and more teams should be playing for continental qualification.

The money in the Pl just means team spunk money on Bobby average players. The best players rarely stay in England now. Our decline on Europe suggest so too

These average players stunt the development of our own players.

The extra money will push up transfer fees, foreign clubs will know that there is more money in England and will try and get their share.

It would be sensible for newly promoted sides to hold on to some of the money, rather than blow it all on new players, the stability of the club will be uppermost in some chairman's minds, so I can't see the natural order of things changing that much.

The only crucial difference is that the financial gap between the Championship and the Premier League will be huge, especially with parachute payments. The new TV deal may not make a newly promoted team any more competitive within the Premier League, but it will probably mean that any relegated team will have a massive chance of going back up again.

Aye some very positive comments on Chapman from the Barnsley forum - came off the bench and gave a good account of himself, beating players at ease and going close a few times.

From his first couple of appearances they think he's some player and will be starting for them soon.

Yes but its league one football, we have Kike Sola... :-P

If you could go back to lurking that would be fantastic.

Sorry that I dont rate Kike Sola and dont understand the loan at all.

Yes but its league one football, we have Kike Sola... :-P

If you could go back to lurking that would be fantastic.

Sorry that I dont rate Kike Sola and dont understand the loan at all.

He's been brought in as a third choice striker behind Nugent and Rhodes, we sold Kike for cash and brought Sola in on a loan just as cover so we could spend the Kike money elsewhere.

What's not to understand?

That we loan a 3rd choice striker that are useless ;) Now we loaned Chapman out and he gets more gam time at Barnsley so thats good, but we still have young strikers that could cover as 3rd choice strikers that are ot out on loan

But yes safety first, its the Karanka way, on the pitch too (sadly sometimes)

That we loan a 3rd choice striker that are useless ;) Now we loaned Chapman out and he gets more gam time at Barnsley so thats good, but we still have young strikers that could cover as 3rd choice strikers that are ot out on loan

But yes safety first, its the Karanka way, on the pitch too (sadly sometimes)

Without really reopening this topic too much, which young strikers at the club do we have that could be relied on as a third choice? Fewster is getting regular game time at York, Chapman is on loan (and isn't really a striker as I understand it, although I will stand corrected if someone with knowledge of the youth team disagrees). Cooke and Jakupovic seem to be scoring reasonably regularly for the U-19s, but that's one hell of a step up.