oneBoro Forum

Has the academy production line broke down?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry you're absolutely right, it's Curry not Cooke.

I know what you're saying, but I would be very nervous relying on one of them to score the match winner if we picked up injuries or suspensions.

You are less nervous relying on Kike Sola? I suppose he has more experience and in his youth he scored some goals in La liga but now? I havent seen him much as he very seldom plays for us but what I seen, not impressed, I hope we dont pay all his wages?

And emergency loans can be made if serious injuries?

And how did they know that its not like they loaned him out before? Maybe Curry is the best of his ;)

I guess Rashford is his the best of his, he is 18, nt going out loan before and will probably start his 3rd game in a row now

ut now I am just being annoying as its fun making your blood boil :P

There hasn't really been a production line has there? Just been one average player who's decided to come back and a nonce?

Cattermole? Morrison? Brunt? (does he count?) Wheater? Gibson? Fry? I'm sure there's more I'm missing.

There hasn't really been a production line has there? Just been one average player who's decided to come back and a nonce?

Cattermole? Morrison? Brunt? (does he count?) Wheater? Gibson? Fry? I'm sure there's more I'm missing.

True but I wouldn't say they're as good as the Downing or Johnson. Most have been mid/low tier premier league players apart from those.

Whats your expectations regarding the academy?

If we ignore the likes of Morrison, Downing, Gresham, Wheater, Steele, Brunt and Cattermole then the fact that people like Charlie Wyke are earning a living in professional football is testiment to the success of the academy.

People need to be realistic the vast majority of kids in academy's will not continue to play football after 20. Those that continue to play will be for the majority in the lower leagues and the remaining few that play premier league or championship football have made a bloody massive achievement.

True but I wouldn't say they're as good as the Downing or Johnson. Most have been mid/low tier premier league players apart from those.

Academies don't ONLY provide diamond quality players. The fact we regularly churn out players good enough to play professional football as a career at all shows we have a good production line.

2006 before the UEFA final we field a full team with acadamy players (or almost)

Turnbull, Davies, Bates, Wheater, Taylor, Morrison, Kennedy (Cooper 85), Cattermole, Christie (Walker 62), Graham (Craddock 81), Johnson. Subs Not Used: Knight, McMahon.