oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn (A) 1 -2

I'd actually play Forshaw & Clayton for the game, if I had my way.

I'm not saying it's an easy decision and yes the Fry thing is similar, I think he's been equally as impressive.

I suppose it is "unfortunate" in a way for Fry and Forshaw that the two returning players also happen to be our players of the season.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rhodes will come back into the side with it being his old club.

I tell you what George Friend has a tough job getting back into this side and then trying to keep his place. De Laet has been top class, still can't get over his goal line clearance. It will be harsh to drop Nsue after another good performance.

I think Clayton and Leadbitter will both start. They are AK's first choice pairing. Is it worth Grant picking up a yellow so he misses both Wolves and Rotherham but back for Hull?

Would stick with Adomah/Ramirez/Downing. They've been very good together.

We have Charlton as well before Hull, so he could play against Wolves and pick up the yellow, and still be back for Hull.

I think Rhodes will come back into the side with it being his old club.

I tell you what George Friend has a tough job getting back into this side and then trying to keep his place. De Laet has been top class, still can't get over his goal line clearance. It will be harsh to drop Nsue after another good performance.

I think Clayton and Leadbitter will both start. They are AK's first choice pairing. Is it worth Grant picking up a yellow so he misses both Wolves and Rotherham but back for Hull?

Would stick with Adomah/Ramirez/Downing. They've been very good together.

We have Charlton as well before Hull, so he could play against Wolves and pick up the yellow, and still be back for Hull.

Totally forgot about Charlton! But if he is to miss two games through suspension, fingers crossed it's before Hull. I think that game will be a midfield battle. We'll definitely need him and Clayts for that. Didn't we have a couple of suspensions in the away fixture at Hull? Can't afford for it to happen again.

Man if Forshaw is dropped for this it would be absolutely criminal and fly in the face of AK's "If you play well you'll play" thing he likes to go on about.

But Clayton's arguably been our player of the season, so doesn't he deserve to come back in on that basis? So it makes the decision a really hard one. I'm glad it's not me making it!

Agreed , a bit of a dilemma but in a positive way. probably not a hard decision as such,  Clayton and Leadbitter are without doubt AKs No1 pairing so they will most probably return as such. the dilemma ,though is that in the two games recently we have shown a much higher tempo with Forshaw in the side . if That continues with AC returning its maybe down to AK allowing more freedom and positivity in that area but if we revert back to the slower tempo  it will open up various debates . Its tough on AF though  but leadbitters going to be missing soon for a couple of games so he will be stepping back in  ,

If Ayala is 100 per cent ready he will be back but Fry has done himself a power od good with his displays and  has given us another first team squad member without worrying about a replacement loan for nando .  De Laet or Friend is anybodys guess but id stick with De Laet as he linked well with Downing at Fulham  .   as for the front man  im happy with either , they both offer something   Rhodes will eventually be the main choice but maybe He is trying too hard to make a big impact with goals and snatched at his chances in his last game being the reason nuge got the nod at fulham  (just a thought) i dont think JR would have won that penna as he would have probably tried to get a shot off rather than tuck back inside  but he does get himself more chances  so im easy with either striker at this moment in time.

Man if Forshaw is dropped for this it would be absolutely criminal and fly in the face of AK's "If you play well you'll play" thing he likes to go on about.

Couldent that be said about Fry to then? But I dont think anyone would complain if he plays Gibson and Ayala (if he is back). But Fry been good and we won 2 straight so should Ayala realy just walk back into the team? YES I am sure 99,9% will scream.

So you know that "If you play well you'll play" is just bs.......

fry as good as he was, did make a few mistakes that could have cost us (missed header that let to de laet heroics, couple of hand balls and being out muscled by dembele leading to ohara miss). you would expect that though being so inexperienced. he hopefully will be out of the team sooner rather than later. dont want to ruin him by putting to much on him to soon. look at reach last season, he buckled later in the season, he could barely trap a ball. pressure gets to these young lads fast. especially as there is so much at stake.

fry has massive potential i'm really impressed with him by the way. he reads the game so well for his age, i bet none of the opponents fans realise how young he is when watching him play.

I think it's a lot easier decision to rest Fry because of his age and not wanting to push too much on his shoulders too young - but that said, he's done very well, with the occasional hiccup like Kev says, and well enough that there's no need to rush Ayala back in if he's not quite there yet. If Ayala is fit, then Fry can happily take a spot on the bench after a couple of games in fairly quick succession in the knowledge that he's put himself in contention for as the season goes on.

The Leadbitter-Clayton-Forshaw decision is a lot harder, I reckon.

My team 4-4-2 ------dimi----------------------

---Delaet--ayala--gibson--Friend-----------Adomah--clayton--forshaw--downing---------------Nugent---rhodes--------------

Predicted karankas team 4-2-3-1

-----------------dimi---------------------nsue----ayala----gibson------friend---------------clayton----leadboots----------adomah------------------------downing-----------------kikesola---------------------------------rhodes-----------------

Hope not like, just got a feeling.

My team 4-4-2 ------dimi----------------------

---Delaet--ayala--gibson--Friend-----------Adomah--clayton--forshaw--downing---------------Nugent---rhodes--------------

Predicted karankas team 4-2-3-1

-----------------dimi---------------------nsue----ayala----gibson------friend---------------clayton----leadboots----------adomah------------------------downing-----------------kikesola---------------------------------rhodes-----------------

Hope not like, just got a feeling.

thinking about it maybe AK will rest ramirez and leadbitter, nsue played loads to might see him rested. if he does i'd rather nugent plays the deeper striker/no10. at leeds we looked dangerous when the subs come on and we set up like that.

..............dimi 

de laet fry gibbo friend

......adamC adamF

albert...............downing

............nugent

............rhodes

Well this is it one of the "games in hand" that so many recently eluded to as being an away banker to regain recent lost points..........so no pressure hey?

Ok I know it counts for nowt but I believe had we played this game when it was originally scheduled with the run we were on then we probably would have won the game and in a way I wish we had done to stop all the focus that has fallen onto the game.

Of course we have the JR factor against his and club and his former fans to consider and how much this may or may not effect his game.

This has to fall into the category of a must not lose game simply as we will get back into the top two but we all know just how massive a win would be not because it puts us top but it will send out a clear message that Boro are the team to beat and could go on an awesome run.

So much hype, so much riding on this game and because it is Blackburn then in my opinion this match could very well qualify as being THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...............so far!!!

I'm oddly confident about this one.

I think we're starting to hit a bit of form, and I know I was banging on about it tons on Saturday and possibly getting a bit too overexcited but Ramirez has really brought something different to this team. Finally a creative spark, and its allowing Downing to flourish in the LW position, his best position in my opinion.

Downing - Ramirez - Adomah seems to be the one. Rhodes in front of them, with a hunger to score against his old club and prove a point, all leads to me being possibly a bit overconfident.

I'm not saying it's a must win, and that our season will be over if we lose.. far from it, but I honestly think if we want to get promoted we need to win these games, no more excuses.

Not going to speculate on a team as will likely get it wrong as AK is his own man and will pick what he wants. Key is that aside from Ayala still to come back we have the strongest 18 in the league and whoever gets the shirt will do for me. Surely Rhodes will get some pitch time and score though.

Think this will be a really tough game though and I will be happy with a win of any sort but can see this one as a draw to be honest. Hope I am wrong.

Wishes based on what I saw at Fulham;

De Laet to replace Nsue,(great going forward but DeLaet defends better)

George back and rested in his usual position

Ayala back for Fry if fit, (just cos he is 18 and should not be playing too many games at this stage of his career, also got banged about a bit by Dembele)

Rhodes to replace Nugent, (not even going to go there with this argument again)

The midfield is a tricky one, perhaps it is time to rotate Leadbitter for Clayton and give him a rest

Please do not go back to purely defensive midfielders we play so much better with Forshaw in there

Probably nothing like what will happen, but then again we would have nothing to discuss and if it is like that can I have Karanka's job along with the salary please.

Cannot get to this one but remember to wrap up warm for those who have never been to Ewood before, it is the coldest windiest place in the football league I reckon.

I think it is vital for AF and his confidence that he starts this game for either Leadbitter or Clayton. You drop him for this game and it will be a massive blow for him. I think he has played well and I think it's a good example to the team that if two people play well, a returning suspended player doesn't go back into the starting XI despite how good they are.

If leadbitter feels ok, i'd start him and AF.

Rhodes has to start and I think Nsue will also be given a rest for De Laet.

Couldent that be said about Fry to then? But I dont think anyone would complain if he plays Gibson and Ayala (if he is back). But Fry been good and we won 2 straight so should Ayala realy just walk back into the team? YES I am sure 99,9% will scream.

So you know that "If you play well you'll play" is just bs.......

fry as good as he was, did make a few mistakes that could have cost us (missed header that let to de laet heroics, couple of hand balls and being out muscled by dembele leading to ohara miss). you would expect that though being so inexperienced. he hopefully will be out of the team sooner rather than later. dont want to ruin him by putting to much on him to soon. look at reach last season, he buckled later in the season, he could barely trap a ball. pressure gets to these young lads fast. especially as there is so much at stake.

fry has massive potential i'm really impressed with him by the way. he reads the game so well for his age, i bet none of the opponents fans realise how young he is when watching him play.

If he made a 'couple' of handballs the ref didn't whistle? Plus that missed header he was 'already' marking his own Man and no one was marking the Man behind so it made Fry look like he missed his Man marking if that makes sense. People were saying the radio were highly praising him about his Fulham display saying he's head above other shoulders etc