• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game for so many reasons, Rhodes returns to Blackburn, chance to get back to the top of the league, puts pressure on both Hull,Burnley & Brighton.

THere will be changes, almost always are, Rhodes back up top, Clayton back in midfield and maybe one or two defensive changes, if Ayala is fit.

Lots of games coming up so AK will rotate, just hope he keeps the Downing, Ramirez, Adomah partnership together, they can do other teams a lot of damage.

1. Both know a great deal about one another but Rhodes is the best striker in the Championship over the past few years. I think it's safe to say his knowledge of their defenders is going to have a more positive effect but his effect on the game is mostly going to come down to good service.

2. I don't really feel the grudge match thing, just another game for me.

3. Big impact. I mentioned it in another thread the day before it was announced they would be jetting off that we should get back out to Marbella to get away from Rockliffe and clear the heads a bit. It's had an effect on individual performances which has ultimately seen a more confident attacking approach.

4. If Ayala is anything but 100%, I would stick with Fry. I don't think it would be unfair to drop him as he is still a prospect more than essential. He can be proud of every minute he's had on the pitch this season though, what a talent we have on our hands.

One thing that puzzles me, if as seems likely, AK intends to rotate Nugent and Rhodes, where does KIke Sola fit into his plans, still seems a strange decision to bring him all the way from Spain to make up the numbers in the `First Team versus The Rest.

AK confirms in his presser that Ayala is still not training.

Unsurprisingly is asked about Rhodes, and unsurprisingly gives nothing away.

One thing that puzzles me, if as seems likely, AK intends to rotate Nugent and Rhodes, where does KIke Sola fit into his plans, still seems a strange decision to bring him all the way from Spain to make up the numbers in the `First Team versus The Rest.

Look at Agazzi. He got brought on loan from Italy and until recently has not been seen.

To be honest I think we should keep the same starting 11 perhaps Rhodes for Nugent solely based on the fact its his former club. I think Forshaw and Leadbitter did very well on Saturday so it would be unfair to drop either. If Clayton comes back in I would like to see how we play is it the clientel or a different approach to games since Marbella that has a more attacking feel to the game as the games prior to gis suspension we seemed to lose momentum when either he or Leadbitter got hold pf the ball. It will be interesting if Friend or Ayala are fit as both would probably be in everyones starting 11 yet Nsue De Laet and Fry have been fantastic in the last few games.

Given our current form and if we play anywhere near like we have done in the last 2 games it should be a win however last season the amount of missed chances we had was criminal. I will go 2-0 Boro but it will depend how clinical we are in front of goal. I think we are starting to play football that could potentially see us hitting 4+, fingers crossed that is tomorrow. We could potentially be 5 points clear of 3rd before they kick a ball. Come on Boro!!!

Look at Agazzi. He got brought on loan from Italy and until recently has not been seen.

You are right that one makes little sense as well, perhaps BWS is right when he says that Kike Sola came in before we were certain of getting Rhodes, but it cannot be doing much good to balancing out our wage bill. Mind you if we only intend to play Rhodes for half of our games perhaps we can get £4.5 million back from the Venky's and half his wages :D

If Ayala is still not training that means he has damaged his ankle ligaments, which from my own experience, takes four to six weeks to recover, longer if the injury is severe. Worrying news that as, as well as he has played, I would not wish to see Fry have to cover for an extended period. We have always got Kalas, but I prefer him at RB and I suppose De Laet can play there if shove comes to push, is Baptiste any closer to first team fitness I wonder.

Leadbitter and Clayton tomorrow for me, and make sure Grant is booked towards the end of the game, or if he picks one up early have Forshaw come on in the second half, with enough time to make an impact if needed.

Missing Wolves/Rotherham would be the two ideal games for GL to be suspended for.

I think Forshaw shoould be rested, he's not played a lot of football and we would be asking him to pay 270 minutes in just over a week. It's a lot to be asked. I personally would play Leadbitter and Clayton, with the view of resting Leadbitter agaisnt Wolves. Could be forced too is he gets a yellow card.

I also think we could see rotation with Nsue and Friend coming back in.

I'd say that Rhodes is almost certain to start. That's the changes I see.