oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

Middlesbrough v Wolves

Riverside Stadium

Friday 4th March

KO 1945hrs

So after the bitter disapointment of a terrible Blackburn away performance which ultimately lead to defeat we find ourselves back in action with yet another opportunity to climb to the summit of the championship. Depending heavily on how Hull do Thursday night.

Last time we met

Wolves 1-3 Boro

Going into half time a goal down boro hit back in the second half with goals from a Fabrini, Leadbitter (Pen) and a Downing late injury time strike. A similar scoreline would be great but with no Fabrini and Leadbitter limping out of action we need someone else to step to the fore. (nudge nudge Gaston Ramierez)

Wolves last game

Wolves 2-1 Derby

Saville was the two goal hero that sunk Derby fans further in despair. However that was only their first win in 8 games (And we thought our blip was bad) Wolves will be hoping that they have turned a corner and can maybe make a late push towards the play off places. I hope not.

Key Players:

James Henry. Top scorer with 7 goals

George Saville. Will be boosted by his performance against Derby

The  Boro

Boro’s form is up and down more than a $10 hookers knickers at the moment. And we need to get back to Fortress Riverside and start recording clean sheets . The squad I would like to see is

---------------Dimi----------------

Nsue—Gibbo—Kalas—DeLeat

--------Clayton—Forshaw------

Adomah—Ramirez—Downing

--------------Rhodes-------------

The reasoning behind it is Grant limped off against Blackburn and Fry (Good tho he has been) may be a tad lightweight against the likes of Sigurdarson and Henry who could return. And Gaston is well on his way to becoming undroppable

What the opposition are saying

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68857

The Men in Black

Referee:              Stuart Attwell

Assistants:          Tom Nield and Barry Cropp

Fourth Official: Sebastian Stockbridge

What the Bookies say

Boro are strongish favorites @ 4/7 Wolves @ 5/1 with the draw coming at just under 3/1

Personally I prefer the Boro 2-0 win @ 11/2

Any ways Boys & Girls its over to you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to not feel a little deflated but we'll pick ourselves up and go again.

---------------Dimi----------------

Nsue—Gibbo—Fry—DeLeat

--------Clayton—Forshaw------

Adomah—Ramirez—Downing

--------------Rhodes-------------

100% agree RR. Thats why its a really slimmed down version of a MDT as I wanted to get it out there so people could start looking forward instead of backwards (I'm really starting to worry abot KM :P) and had to do this at work. On the plus side my boss thinks im the hardst working guy in the office today which almost never happens :)

Well, my boss is a Wolves fan, so losing is not an option and neither is drawing really.

He says they are woeful at the back and hate being hustled and harried as they make a lot of mistakes at the back, so it got me to thinking that Nugent's energy would be preferable to Rhodes, but i'd say this is a game where two up front should work, but what would that mean for Ramirez? Not sure all three could play as it could throw the shape.

Certainly think there will be plenty of chances on Friday and it will be down to the strikers to put some away.

I can see a similar performance to that of the Cardiff game and a two goal margin victory.

I would go with RR's team, but would bring in Kalas for Fry, we need a little bit more experience and physicality at the back. We must give Rhodes a string of games to 'bed in', this drop him one game, rest him another is nuts, he is too good a player and the goals will come. Wolves Achilles heel is their defence, expect them to pack it and the midfield, could be a war of attrition, (again).

I very much doubt we will see Nugent and Rhodes on the same pitch again unless we're chasing a game.

Back to basics, back to our best team. Assuming Leadbitter is injured, I'd say same team as Fulham barring him for Clayton and I reckon Nsue will come back in for either Friend or De Laet.

Sounds unlikely we'll see Ayala any time soon but hearing his name on the team-sheet would be a massive boost.

2-1 Boro, Gaston fgs.

Well I hope you go on a very long run of threads. :D

I'm still gutted, I still haven't posted properly in the other match-day thread.

Then do so Jen would be good to hear from someone who was at the game and who is normally very accurate with their observations on the game

I would go with RR's team, but would bring in Kalas for Fry, we need a little bit more experience and physicality at the back.

So my team then ;)