• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've not really had any poor keepers, notable exceptions being Meijas' efforts at the start of last season and Danny Coyne

Even Danny Coyne had his moments for someone who was brought in as back-up to Brad Jones.

After watching the Fulham highlights (where it looked like we dominated them and should have scored more) I thought we were back on track, but the Blackburn game sounded really poor. Think a big performance is needed here, especially if Hull beat Birmingham tomorrow.

I was thinking last night about our position at present, in comparison to last season and whether we are more primed for a promotion push this year.

My feeling throughout last season, even towards the end was that we weren't the best team in the division, even when we scored a last minute winner at Blackpool and went top for a couple of days, I never thought we would stay there. As the season drew on, I hoped for automatic promotion but never fully expected it and inevitably was happy to settle for the Playoffs which was new and exciting to us, having never been involved previously. Wembley was a great occasion, and a great day until about 15 minutes into the match where it quickly turned into a horror show.

This season seems to carry the burden of so much increased pressure, and unsurprisingly so considering the amount of money that we have spent, and the general expectations from our fans and the media in general. Which is why the defeats are hurting so much more, and the reactions are so much more on here and on social media.

An away loss at Blackburn is, to be honest, not the end of the world. Always a tough place to go. If I'm comparing it to last season it feels similar to the losses at Sheff Wed and Notts Forest (a similar time in the season last year). We lost those, and still could have gone on to win promotion had we done better at Bmouth, Watford and Fulham later on.

We are in a much better position than last year still in my opinion. We just need to be consistent, and have the confidence/bottle to carry it through. Worryingly this seems to be lacking slightly in my opinion. After two great performances against Cardiff and Fulham, it was strange to see the sudden dip in performance against Blackburn.

A convincing win against Wolves might get us back on track, but we need to find the consistency to then go to Rotherham and Charlton and win. We need to win these sort of games, otherwise the reality of promotion will fade, no matter how many games are left to play for.

Wolves @5/1 seems like an outrageous price at this moment in time.

Anyway.

Ramirez needs to start, admomah and downing need to be at their best and with Claiton back I predict a riot. Or at least a shut out.

Re Ayala:-

Gazette on Monday said he wasn't back training with first team yet. It's been ominously quiet about him and he seemed to suspect it was a bad injury when he limped off. He was reported to be in tears.  Rather wonder if we will see him any time before international break?

I'm gonna start to get worried if we lose against Wolves, I've gone through the top 3 fixtures and worked out points (pure speculation/prediction and this was being generous given Boros current form) and if we lose this game the table could look like this at the end of the season:

1. Hull - 93 points

2. Burnley - 89 points

3. Middlesbrough - 85 points

That's not including teams like Sheff Wed who I reckon are gonna dip their toes in to the top 3 at some point before the end of the season. Hull & Burnley haven't got many games that will trouble them, we've got a couple arrrgh

I was thinking last night about our position at present, in comparison to last season and whether we are more primed for a promotion push this year.

My feeling throughout last season, even towards the end was that we weren't the best team in the division, even when we scored a last minute winner at Blackpool and went top for a couple of days, I never thought we would stay there. As the season drew on, I hoped for automatic promotion but never fully expected it and inevitably was happy to settle for the Playoffs which was new and exciting to us, having never been involved previously. Wembley was a great occasion, and a great day until about 15 minutes into the match where it quickly turned into a horror show.

This season seems to carry the burden of so much increased pressure, and unsurprisingly so considering the amount of money that we have spent, and the general expectations from our fans and the media in general. Which is why the defeats are hurting so much more, and the reactions are so much more on here and on social media.

An away loss at Blackburn is, to be honest, not the end of the world. Always a tough place to go. If I'm comparing it to last season it feels similar to the losses at Sheff Wed and Notts Forest (a similar time in the season last year). We lost those, and still could have gone on to win promotion had we done better at Bmouth, Watford and Fulham later on.

We are in a much better position than last year still in my opinion. We just need to be consistent, and have the confidence/bottle to carry it through. Worryingly this seems to be lacking slightly in my opinion. After two great performances against Cardiff and Fulham, it was strange to see the sudden dip in performance against Blackburn.

A convincing win against Wolves might get us back on track, but we need to find the consistency to then go to Rotherham and Charlton and win. We need to win these sort of games, otherwise the reality of promotion will fade, no matter how many games are left to play for.

Great considered post Jimmy, about sums up my feelings. Tough place to go Blakcburn, trick conditions and a bogged down pitch, not the end of the world.

Must win Friday certainly, and feel we are perfectly positioned going into the final 13 games.

I'm gonna start to get worried if we lose against Wolves, I've gone through the top 3 fixtures and worked out points (pure speculation/prediction and this was being generous given Boros current form) and if we lose this game the table could look like this at the end of the season:

1. Hull - 93 points

2. Burnley - 89 points

3. Middlesbrough - 85 points

That's not including teams like Sheff Wed who I reckon are gonna dip their toes in to the top 3 at some point before the end of the season. Hull & Burnley haven't got many games that will trouble them, we've got a couple arrrgh

Be interested how you see how you think it will pan out, but my guess is that you have us winning less than half our games???

I thought I was being optimistic but after writing my predictions down for you, I'm being one of those pessimistic fans I've come to despise!! You're right, I've got it down to win less than half

Wolves - Win

Rotherham - Win

Charlton - Win

Hull - Lose

QPR - Draw

Huddersfield - Win

Preston - Draw

Reading - Win

Bolton - Win

Burnley - Lose

Ipswich - Draw

Birmingham - Lose