• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just had some time to kill so i predicted how many points each of the top 4 might get  in no way showing any biased views . 

it has dawned on me how massively important our goal difference is going to be  as i had the following points come the end of the season

Hull  89

Burnley 86

Boro 86

Brighton 79

as it stands burnley and ourselves have a level goal difference  so if we can bag a few goals in some games before the end of things it just might be the difference between autos and play offs .

I'm with Brunners, no way will we lose all three against Hull, Burley and Brighton, still believe we will get 90 points at least, when we put wolves to the sword tomorrow everyone's mojo will return.

I'm expecting a strong showing tomorrow night and hoping Brum can help us a little tonight.

It's as if the Blackburn game never happened to me. We didn't lose any ground on the two teams ahead of us, so this game against Wolves is where the hunt really sets in. We have to win and put maximum pressure on the other two teams. Hull and Brighton both have difficult games away from home so hopefully they will lose some points. I can't see Burnley dropping points at home so the pressure is really on us to perform. Three winnable games coming up before the crunch clash against Hull.

Quite surprising to see Friend isn't in anyone's starting 11 considering he is "the best LB in the league".

Not quite fully recovered yet? Or does De Laet just have that bit more natural quality?

Not saying I disagree by the way, just pointing out that De Laet on loan was a great move.

Would love to see how many people predicted we'd pick up such few results in the last 8 or so fixtures. These predictions for the rest of the season mean absolutely nothing, we could win them all, we could lose them all.

Just keep an eye on the next game it'll be a lot easier on the blood pressure.

He is the best left-back in the league but on performance reasons, it might be justified from Blackburn. Not that anyone really set the world alight there and I'm usually against it for balance reasons. But then De Laet has done a job on the left and Nsue has been terrific most of the season.

Be interesting to see if one of the attacking 3 makes way for Nsue, though. I wouldn't be against it and Albert might need a re-charge of his batteries.

Would love to see how many people predicted we'd pick up such few results in the last 8 or so fixtures. These predictions for the rest of the season mean absolutely nothing, we could win them all, we could lose them all.

Just keep an eye on the next game it'll be a lot easier on the blood pressure.

I like the predictions based on a bit of analysis and estimation with what we've got so far. But otherwise, I agree wholeheartedly.

Likewise, we should not be looking backwards either. No point crying about a poor result, look on to the next game, guarantee the manager will be reminding them of that. The next game is always the most important one.

It'd be a great test of the players' motivation if they weren't allowed to see the league table between now and the end of the season.

He is the best left-back in the league but on performance reasons, it might be justified from Blackburn. Not that anyone really set the world alight there and I'm usually against it for balance reasons. But then De Laet has done a job on the left and Nsue has been terrific most of the season.

Be interesting to see if one of the attacking 3 makes way for Nsue, though. I wouldn't be against it and Albert might need a re-charge of his batteries.

I think we'd be more likely to see Stewie rested and an attacking 3 of De Pena, Ramirez, Stuani/Adomah.

But then equally it could be Friend at LB, De Laet at RB and as you mentioned Nsue in an attacking position. 

Nice to have some genuine options to drop players for once!

We've sold 226 tickets ahead of tomorrow's game. No, that's not a typo. Two hundred and twenty six.

Long distance, Friday night after work (and awkwardly timed for anyone who would be at work to get up), already on Sky. Credit to the fans who are coming.

Don't worry it won't be the worst away attendance up here this season by some distance!

I was GUTTED after the Blackburn game. It really felt like we'd taken a step back (to that dire January form), having had two really good back to back performances.... and kind of blown it.

However, a couple of things have cheered me up today. Firstly I had a look at the Wolves and Hull forums. The Wolves posters clearly rated Boro, and didn't seem to be fancying their chances tomorrow.

Reading the Hull forum, it was like a carbon copy of this one. They weren't confident, and one poster was even saying that he reckoned Hull would be fighting for second spot behind Boro. A couple of posters were saying that their team is short on goals, and that if Hernandez stops scoring they will be stuffed. Another was saying that he /(she) thought that our bad form in January was because of the transfer window, and that once our new players were integrated we'd be bouncing back. Someone else pointed out that despite Boro's bad run we're still right up there. Finally a couple of posters were saying that the Championship is a tough league, and that the Hull fans who thought they should be pulling away at the top were being unrealistic - made it all seem better reading it elsewhere!

The other thing that has cheered me up was last night's Premier League results. ***nal lost at home to Swansea, Spurs with a chance to go top of the league lost away to West Ham, and obviously Man City lost at Liverpool.

It got me thinking.... that despite how it feels sometimes, it's not JUST Boro who lose games that we think we should win, and it's not JUST Boro who lose games when winning them would send us top.

Anyway... I just thought I'd share all that.

I REALLY hope that we win tomorrow night though, as I don't think I'll feel quite so pragmatic if we don't !!

COME ON BORO........ (please).

• Like 1