• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be great to win tomorrow night, but as 'wilsoncgp' says, even if we don't there will still be LOADS of games to go, with twists and turns.

Five years ago (2010/11), Boro were NINE points behind Ipswich with four games to play.... with a goal difference 12 worse than Ipswich. (Boro -9, Ipswich +3).....

(I know this because I had a bet with an Ipswich mate, as to who's team would finish higher. The prize, and Indian meal out).

Boro then won the last four games and finished with a GD of '0' on 62 points. Ipswich lost three and won one of their last four, but took a couple of pastings... finishing on 62 points GD '-6'.

That was one tasty curry... and my Ipswich mate was smarting at the £50 swing (instead of enjoying his £25 prize he was buying it) - LOL !!

So.... #Believe, #MmmmTastyIndianCurries

......so it's the gazette's fault KM :)

My comment about winning 8 more games shouldn't be too wide of the mark. 8 wins and 2 draws would see us finish on 90 points.

Spot on Billy, eight wins is what we need, so it's still the same 2 points per game ratio, beat Wolves tomorrow and we are pretty well back on that track, just need to get the level of consistency we have shown all season until the 'blip'.

However same applies to Hull, Burnley and Brighton although both Burnely and Brighton have played one more game so their ratio is slightly higher.

Still confident, more so if we bag the three points tomorrow night, lets hope the players are busting a gut to redeem themselves from the poor showing on Tuesday. Also hope AK doesn't have a knee jerk reaction and make too many changes, one or two yes but not wholesale.

Wolves supporting boss reckons they are bringing just 236 fans tomorrow night and he really doesn't expect anything other than defeat. Some sort of protest or something over just about everything within the club.

I'll worry about it tomorrow night - time to be a Birmingham supporter tonight.

Hoping for a win tomorrow night. A convincing one. But not a Sheff Wed one from years back. Come on Boro.

2-0 Nsue & Ramirez.

P.S. Just wanted to say that I played Nsue up front as a last resort the other day on Fifa last 20 minutes and he scored two. Emilio!

I'm hoping to see

Dimi

Nsue Fry Gibson DeLaet

Clayton Forshaw

Adomah Gaston Downing/De Pena

Nugent

I think I would give De Pena the nod.

Lets get back to normal, clean sheet and a Nugent winner.

Hoping for a win tomorrow night. A convincing one. But not a Sheff Wed one from years back. Come on Boro.

2-0 Nsue & Ramirez.

P.S. Just wanted to say that I played Nsue up front as a last resort the other day on Fifa last 20 minutes and he scored two. Emilio!

Equatorial Guinea must have been pleased! :D

We spent all this money on a big Championship striker and we've got the best of the lot hiding a***st the full-backs. Nsue should be starting and he'd get 30 a season minimum. ;)

In all seriousness, I really think Nsue would be great up front and gives us that pace we certainly lack at times. Proof is in the Equatorial Guinea pudding.... and Fifa 2016. :D

Pretty sure we'll see Rhodes from the start. Hope he finds the net on this occasion.

If Downing is on the bench, it will surely be for De Pena or we'll be going back to Adomah on the left and Stuani right. I don't think he will be though, I reckon it will be a straight swap with Ramirez and Nugent and that's it for the front 4.

2-0 Nsue & Ramirez.

Equatorial Guinea must have been pleased! :D

We spent all this money on a big Championship striker and we've got the best of the lot hiding a***st the full-backs. Nsue should be starting and he'd get 30 a season minimum. ;)

Mate I know he's scored 2 this season but he's also missed a couple absolute sitters. If we moved him up there full time he'd just full into the Middlesbrough striker curse and he'd never score again, better keep him at RB where a few might still go in ;)

Tonight's result emphasises the fact that we are not as bad as we think we are. Burnley, Brighton, Hull and Boro are all going to lose games and drop points in this league. I trust AK to make sure that we lose less games and drop less points than our rivals.