oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

Right everyone has had their whinge , maybe we can get back to supporting the team to get out of this god awful tough league.

I would imagine that Downing, Ramirez and Adomah will return as the front 3 with Rhodes again up top. An early goal would be nice to settle nerves but I will take a win of any sort.

As I see it these games against teams will little to play for, but equally no fear of going down, are going to be the toughest (a la Blackburn) so whilst a 3-1- repeat of the earlier game would be lovelyall that really matters is the 3 points.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This game is just so incredibly important. I see it as a muct win game. We simply have to take advantage when the other top teams fail. It's been a while since we've been top, but tonight we have a chance to show everyone that we really have what it takes to take a top 2 position.

Word of caution before the blind optimism gets out of hand again on here, (Blackburn!), they beat Derby last time out and they will pack the midfield and defence with big strong lads and hope for a draw or a breakaway, sound familiar? We should win as we are at home and have the better team on paper, but we have been here before haven't we, once again the first and preferably early goal will be decisive. Please can we return to the basic team that beat Cardiff, Ramirez and Rhodes made it look like the start of something big.

I can't see us not winning this one, Wolves have won just 1 in 8, and while there were concerns at Blackburn we have too much quality to lose surely?

In fairness that 1 was this weekend, against a playoff team.

I think that I'd probably go with this team:

---------------Dimi----------------

Nsue—Gibbo—De Laet—Friend

--------Clayton—Forshaw------

Adomah—Ramirez—Downing

--------------Nugent-------------

As long as Ramirez starts, we have a chance.

I'm going to echo Holloway's comments and say that we fans have a MASSIVE part to play in this run in. We've got to get rid of the groans, support the players and make the opposition shrink into their shell. The team is under incredible pressure. They know they should be winning these games, they know they have to win these games, but I often think we're seeing a team playing within themselves. They're not as free as earlier in the season.

Let's get behind them 100% tonight. Let's not allow frustration to creep in because when 20k fans start to get tetchy, the pressure the players already put on themselves is amplified. I can understand the frustration though because let's be honest, we could be 10 points clear if we won the games we should have!!

Let's roar them on, encourage them and support them through it. I watched an ***nal fan today complain about the team and grumble about the fact that only 4 players came over to thank them. If I recall correctly, all of our players applaud the crowd after a game - they appreciate the support so let's get behind them and help get the team over the line.

I think if we hold our nerve we'll win tonight but if we can create a positive vibe we could see a very good win.

I can't see us not winning this one, Wolves have won just 1 in 8, and while there were concerns at Blackburn we have too much quality to lose surely?

In fairness that 1 was this weekend, against a playoff team.

True, but Derby are in a bit of a rut too

I'm going to echo Holloway's comments and say that we fans have a MASSIVE part to play in this run in. We've got to get rid of the groans, support the players and make the opposition shrink into their shell. The team is under incredible pressure. They know they should be winning these games, they know they have to win these games, but I often think we're seeing a team playing within themselves. They're not as free as earlier in the season.

Let's get behind them 100% tonight. Let's not allow frustration to creep in because when 20k fans start to get tetchy, the pressure the players already put on themselves is amplified. I can understand the frustration though because let's be honest, we could be 10 points clear if we won the games we should have!!

Let's roar them on, encourage them and support them through it. I watched an ***nal fan today complain about the team and grumble about the fact that only 4 players came over to thank them. If I recall correctly, all of our players applaud the crowd after a game - they appreciate the support so let's get behind them and help get the team over the line.

I think if we hold our nerve we'll win tonight but if we can create a positive vibe we could see a very good win.

Well said I agree completely, although the players still need to perform we have a big part to play. The negativity from earlier in the week won't help anyone.

Indecently how is the weather in Middlesbrough because I know there is a great deal of snow causing problems not too far away in parts of Yorkshire?

Just wet, and cold. The usual :D

I'm really hoping for an early goal tonight for the Boro. No matter what anyone says on here, tensions are going to be high, and the longer we go without a goal, the more the crowd will grow tense and this will carry on to the field. Personally, I would take a scrappy 1-0 tonight, but an early goal and we will win 3-1.

Trying to second guess Karanka's team is nigh on impossible but here goes,

Dimi

Nsue, Kalas Gibson De Laet

Stuani Clayton Forshaw Adomah

Ramirez

Nugent

My choice would be Rhodes instead of Nugent, but suspect he'll be on the bench with Downing.