oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

Rhodes did everything but score, creates so much space for Gaston.

Just watched the second goal again. Unreal.

Totally agree about Downing/De Pena, it was almost like playing with ten men at times.

What did Sky say about us? Someone forgot to tape it for me. I love watching the commentaries.

Sky pretty much loved us tonight, and said that we totally bossed the game and never looked troubled by us. To be fair though, Colin Cooper and Peter Beagrie were in the studio, and they are hardly going slag Boro off!

They said Ramirez looked Premier League quality, and that Adomah was pretty awesome also. They also mentioned Forshaw.

I don't know if it's just me.... probably heresy to admit it..... but when Leadbitter pulled his hamstring the other day (or whatever it was), I actually thought - "Well [that's OK]..... at least we might get to see Forshaw with Clayton now". I like it.

Shame about the OG at the end. Dimi ALMOST kept it out even so!

COME ON BORO!!! - Top of the league.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuani was in the team tonight to put pressure on the Wolves defence. He did that in spades, his movement gave gaston a little more space. He may not have set the world alight, but he put in a shift and that says a lot about him.

Ramirez and Adomah also done their defensive duties and still managed to "set the world alight". ;)

Sometimes just having Rhodes in the team is going to be enough to win without him scoring. Defenders will be checking him out whilst others come in an nick a goal. The game is a team effort

Stuani was in the team tonight to put pressure on the Wolves defence. He did that in spades, his movement gave gaston a little more space. He may not have set the world alight, but he put in a shift and that says a lot about him.

Ramirez and Adomah also done their defensive duties and still managed to "set the world alight". ;)

Yep a great team performance. At times I bloody love this team.

Sometimes just having Rhodes in the team is going to be enough to win without him scoring. Defenders will be checking him out whilst others come in an nick a goal. The game is a team effort

Yep. You saw how many times tonight Rhodes picked up the ball and immediately 4 players drive straight at him.

thank god someone understands football :D

thank god someone understands football :D

Yes he done the job he was asked to do but going forward he was poor. I think it proves he's not a natural winger if anything.

I think we all knew he wasn't a natural winger by now.

He's been effective from there when he gets into the inside-forward positions, scored a couple of goals and he sometimes helps us get up the pitch but I do think he's a bit of a square peg in a round hole out there, especially when he is forced to play wide. I reckon he would be much better up front but he does do a better job on the right than I envisaged he would before the season started.

have to say im already sick of people going on at rhodes not scoring .

it's seems boro fans love to moan about something even when we win

I think most of it is tongue in cheek tonight.

It's not, we just have some horrible fans.

Give over! Horrible fans because they're disappointed Rhodes hasn't scored more goals?

Yep. :)

Yep  :)

have to say im already sick of people going on at rhodes not scoring .

it's seems boro fans love to moan about something even when we win

unfortunately we have a lot of morons a***st our support :(

The 2-1 score flatters Wolves as if we beat them 3-0 then they couldn't have complained as they didn't get close to us for the vast majority of the game. The most impressive aspect of our performance was the way that Forshaw and Clayton linked up play for the whole team. We had a great balance of zip and composure in our passing tonight. Forshaw cannot be dropped after that performance. Ramirez's great early form has been a massive positive, if he can keep this form up then we will surely be promoted as he's a class above at this level. It has got me thinking that that's the sort of level that we should be expecting from Downing. A family friend of mine was speaking to a relative of Downing's and he said that Karanka doesn't like Downing and that it was Steve Gibson who pushed giving Woodgate a new contract last summer and that Karanka didn't want to keep him despite his public praise of him. I've heard the Downing thing before off him but it's the first time I've heard that about Woodgate. Not exactly big news but thought I might as well share it.

Rhodes did well tonight without scoring, you can see his movement is top class. He is at least getting in the positions but when do the lack of goals start to be a worry? In all honesty Kike would have finished alot of those chances

regardless of that we were fantastic tonight, what is happening with AA, he is a class above the majority of the league when playing like that. Ramirez was unbelievable again, why on earth did we drop him on Tuesday night. Forshaw really is making a case to be in this team full time, better performance tonight than Leadbitter has produced in a long time

Why are we so inconsistent though its so frustrating, nights like tonight really do show we have the quality to walk this league and yet we are struggling to put any form together. Cant understand it at all

The Foreshaw/Clayton partnership looked class at times tonight, I've always thought that Clayton and Leadbitter were too similar. Foreshaw at times tonight was running past the 3 attacking mids which I don't think I've seen Leadbitter do since the start of last season.

My favourite part of tonight was nugent warming up for 40 minutes solid. I bet he ran a good couple of miles just up and down the line

Wondered why he didnt bring anyone on until right at the end, looks like a few are going to struggle to get back into the side after tuesday