oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

Good 3 points, just what the doctor ordered and you can only bet what's put in front of you.

I hope the team doesn't get carried away with themselves, because let's face it Wolves are not a good team.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Foreshaw/Clayton partnership looked class at times tonight, I've always thought that Clayton and Leadbitter were too similar. Foreshaw at times tonight was running past the 3 attacking mids which I don't think I've seen Leadbitter do since the start of last season.

^^^ Agree with this. As I said a couple of pages back, when Leadbitter got injured (hope you recovers soon for his sake), I wasn't too gutted, as it meant we were likely to see the Foreshaw/Clayton partnership. I thought we were going to have to wait until Leadbitter's next yellow. I just hope he has to fight to get back in the team, if Foreshaw keeps playing like this.

Dropping (resting?) Ramirez on Tuesday was a bit baffling. He was so good against Fulham, and so good last night, that I reckon he ought to be inked on the team sheet. Adomah is on fire right now. He is ALL over the pitch with pace at the moment. At times last night it looked like there were two of him on the pitch! I think I'd actually play him on the right... but if he's happy on the left and doesn't start sulking, then no worries. [i just hope he keeps taking the supplements]!!

Finally... a bit of a question. But who would people 'ink' on to the team sheet, and who they switch around. For me my nailed on seven would now be:

Dimi, Ayala (when fit), Clayton, Foreshaw, Adomah, Ramirez and Rhodes.

Tinker after that.

Despite not scoring Rhodes gets in great positions, and pulls defenders around. When you watch Nugent, he runs around a lot, and puts in the efforts, but at times it's all a bit 'headless chicken'. Give him some game time for sure, but Rhodes starts every time for me.

Cheers, and COME ON BORO !!

Finally... a bit of a question. But who would people 'ink' on to the team sheet, and who they switch around. For me my nailed on seven would now be:

Tinker after that.

Going to slighlty disagree with you here we have to whenever possible play the back 5 of Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala and Nsue the stats are there for everyone to see. Whilst individually they have weaknesses in their games they are strong as a unit and more than the sum of their parts.

Clayton I agree with he's been outstanding all season. Forshaw's played well and gives an extra dynamic to the midfield but I'm not convinced he's played well enough to be a certainty. I'd like to see him play more against lower clubs but couldn't argue if we went Leadbitter/Clayton for games like Hull and Burnley.

Gaston has to play he changes the 4231 formation and for 'lazy' player puts some shift in.

If AA keeps up his work rate he's also undroppable but we've had false starts from him before.

So for me that's 8 out of 11

Tinker after that.

Going to slighlty disagree with you here we have to whenever possible play the back 5 of Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala and Nsue the stats are there for everyone to see. Whilst individually they have weaknesses in their games they are strong as a unit and more than the sum of their parts.

Clayton I agree with he's been outstanding all season. Forshaw's played well and gives an extra dynamic to the midfield but I'm not convinced he's played well enough to be a certainty. I'd like to see him play more against lower clubs but couldn't argue if we went Leadbitter/Clayton for games like Hull and Burnley.

Gaston has to play he changes the 4231 formation and for 'lazy' player puts some shift in.

If AA keeps up his work rate he's also undroppable but we've had false starts from him before.

So for me that's 8 out of 11

Interesting. Maybe our differences come down to a question of 'To attack or to defend'?

Personally I don't think Gibson looks quite as solid a player when he's not playing along side Ayala. That's what got me thinking that as long as Ayala is on the team sheet, it matters less if he's alongside Gibson, Kalas or Fry. De Laet has been pretty good when he's played, and I don't think Friend is quite back there since his injury, hence my thinking that Friend, De Laet, Nsue and Kalas could all be interchangeable too.

I guess I probably feel that with a bit more attacking intent, we could easily have too much fire power for a lot of teams in this league. If we won more games 2-1 or 3-1 than 1-0 or 2-0 I think it would be better. [ie. not relying QUITE so much on the defence]. Certainly against some of the lower teams, as you mentioned.

You make a good point about Clayton/Leadbitter for games like Hull and Burnley, but actually even against teams like that, I'm sure Foreshaw could still have something to offer in a slightly more attacking way.

Interesting.

If echo much of what everyone else has said. It was an enjoyable game last night with a number of great performances. Ramirez looks a class above and I think he is benefiting from the fact we can play a system around him. Adomah was my motm, he was beating his man every time with ease and could have had a couple. Clayton and Forshaw look just as well balanced as leadbitter and Forshaw, note the common factor, although Clayton and leadbitter at times together have looked immense. Friend and nsue both caused havoc. Centre backs looked solid enough. Stuani tried but had a but if a Meh performance, he drags players around but on the wing he has no ability to get past a man, put in a cross or cut in and shoot. Rhodes again could have had two for my money, can't fault his effort though.

Lovely to sit back for the rest of the weekend and watch the other results come in. Come on you rovers

Personally I don't think Gibson looks quite as solid a player when he's not playing along side Ayala. That's what got me thinking that as long as Ayala is on the team sheet, it matters less if he's alongside Gibson, Kalas or Fry.

I agree that Gibson isn't the same player when Ayala's not there I just think that the combination of the two is stronger than any other combination we have - I think the stats back that up as well.

De Laet has been pretty good when he's played, and I don't think Friend is quite back there since his injury, hence my thinking that Friend, De Laet, Nsue and Kalas could all be interchangeable too.

I agree that Friends not up to speed. I mentioned it early in the thread but his gate was weird last night he didn't look comfortable running.

Nsue has been a revelation this season I just don't see him as droppable. Kalas is a good defender but lacks the attacking threat of Nsue. That said it was nice to see him in advanced positions from CB last night.

I couldn't argue too much with De Let's inclusion if I'm honest he's a top player. I suspect he'll be lb on Tuesday.

It's also my belief that now we've a real No 10 we will see the attacking side of our game improve. If AA keeps up his revival and we can get Downing playing well it could be a well balanced team.

Last night was a testament as to why the top teams continually drop points. One team is completely dominant in every department, yet in the end wolves could have snatched a point.

The weaker teams will put men behind the ball and battle for their lives makin it difficult for teams like us, hull, Burnley and Brighton. There will be plenty of dropped points in the coming months between the top 4 teams, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see us drop points against charlton or Rotherham despite our advantage in quality on paper.

Some real food for thought after last nights performance but this simply has to continue on Tuesday night as I would imagine a lot of fans will think that the game will be a walk over.

Interesting comments from AA when interviewed sees as if he has finally decided to work harder for the potential rewards involved

Such a difference in the speed of our attacks last night and we actually had some width for a change which made a big difference in the amount of central space available.

I think benching Ramirez on Tuesday was a good idea personally. He was beginning to look leggy in the previous couple of games and at this stage of the season with games coming thick and fast, it makes sense to keep him fresh.

I believe we have the squad that could make the difference in the run in. Hull and Burnley have very good first 11's but players will be starting to feel fatigue if they have to play every 3 or 4 days. We can afford to rest players without weakening the team too much. Forshaw should be as fresh as a daisy having not played much this season, Ramirez too once his match fitness is 100%. Ayala should come back fresh and Leadbitter should also benefit from the enforced rest.

Hopefully Downing will have given himself kick up the ***, but the only player I can see him replacing is Stuani.

Need to kick on now as the energy and tempo looked like it was back last night. Consistency is the key.

Didn't get round to posting my thoughts last night.

It was a very enjoyable game. Much better to watch than some of the scrappy wins we've had this season. I thought our passing was good, crisp and usually found it's intended target. This was especially evident between adomah and friend. Those two seemed to have some sort of psychic link their interplay was that good.

Speaking of albert, he was immense. All over the pitch, in defence and on both wings making life incredibly difficult for their team.

Ramirez was a cut above the rest. So much class. His second goal was sublime. Really hope we can sign him if we go up.

Thought stuani and rhodes were pretty anonymous. Couple of half chances for rhodes, but stuani I can't remember much he did well throughout the game. On a couple of occasions he didn't see a good forwards option and ended up passing sideways/backwards instead.

Good result though (which I think actually flattered wolves a bit - we were dominant for 75 minutes in total and could have had 5 goals easily) and top of the league! Long may we remain there :)

if Nugent and Kike been rated almsost only on their goals so should Rhodes, abit low to rate Rhodes movement but be completely blind to how Kike and Nugent have played except their goals.