oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

So when a striker miss his chances one cant say negative things about that striker? I wonder why its ok to be negative about all our other strikers then?

And again being worried and critisise one area of a player or the team for that matter doesent mean one dont like other areas of that player or the team.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait, people are actually disappointed in Rhodes after a handful of games?

No, I rate him, but I rated Kike too, Kike is  a much better target player and his movement was good too. Its just funny that Kike is being rated on goals and Rhodes are being rated on everything except goals.

I was a big fan of Kike. I've said several times that he offered many things to the team. I was a bit annoyed that whenever he was playing well, he seemed to get the boot for someone else. I suppose it doesn't matter now and we have a striker (who on paper) is much better than Kike.

I'm only confused by people who don't rate the lad after seven games. He has contributed in other ways and I expect the goals to come for him. I don't really think seven games (most of which have been sub appearances) is a significant time to judge him on.

I rate him, he is a very good player, but I will critisise Ayala if he makes a miss that leads to us conceding a goal too, doesent mean I dont rate him as a player. Same with Rhodes when he miss I will critisise, last game he dident have any clear cut chances and he did very well with that header, but for being bought to score goals so far he havent.

A striker that miss a clear cut chance is as costly as a defender making a bad decision, both are bad and can cost a game.

Quite clearly the match thread has descended into other areas and not within the spirit of the game itself.

As soon as the Rotherham thread is up this will be archived.

Also JR will come good and soon am not worried about him whatsoever

Will they do not really get archived just put into a place where all matches can be viewed with ease and also for members to work out current form of Boro in preparation for match day threads.

I'm really surprised people are questioning Rhodes already. He's got what, one goal in 4 starts? Seriously give the guy a chance to settle in. I think he's done well, with a little bit of luck he'd have 2 or 3 goals already. He will score plenty of goals this season if he keeps starting.

Yes but thats what I heard about all our strikers, Nugent too ;)

I dont rate strikers on goals alone, but amany do, but not even those do it when it comes to Rhodes. He is our new golden boy. Him and Karanka one cant critisise for anything then you are an outcast..... :)

Yes but thats what I heard about all our strikers, Nugent too ;)

I dont rate strikers on goals alone, but amany do, but not even those do it when it comes to Rhodes. He is our new golden boy. Him and Karanka one cant critisise for anything then you are an outcast..... :)

Jordan Rhodes is such a dangerous player, he attracts defenders out of position,giving our other players a chance to get in behind the defence ie Ramires, nugent and others to run on

You guys are actually all agreeing with each other more than you realise.

You all agree Rhodes brings more to the team through his movement and freeing up space for others, especially Ramirez. You also all agree that he's still settling in and hasn't had "that" many games. He's still getting himself into positions for chances, and indeed is getting more chances than we thought he might before he signed. He's a proven quality striker who we are all sure will come good.

All that's being disagreed on is that some thought he might have scored a couple more of the chances he has had. It might be getting phrased differently, but that's all that's being said. I don't think that's an unreasonable viewpoint, but either way it's not worth falling out about.

You all agree Rhodes brings more to the team through his movement and freeing up space for others, especially Ramirez. You also all agree that he's still settling in and hasn't had "that" many games. He's still getting himself into positions for chances, and indeed is getting more chances than we thought he might before he signed. He's a proven quality striker who we are all sure will come good.

All that's being disagreed on is that some thought he might have scored a couple more of the chances he has had. It might be getting phrased differently, but that's all that's being said. I don't think that's an unreasonable viewpoint, but either way it's not worth falling out about.

Well said and wise words indeed :)

What matters is what is to come plain and simple

Suppose thats true :)

Well I'm happier with Rhodes than I thought I would be. I'd watched him at Huddersfield and didn't rate him much. But after seeing him for us. He offers a lot more than I thought