oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

Yes but thats what I heard about all our strikers, Nugent too ;)

I dont rate strikers on goals alone, but amany do, but not even those do it when it comes to Rhodes. He is our new golden boy. Him and Karanka one cant critisise for anything then you are an outcast..... :)

The winky face doesn't make you any less annoying, please just stop with the Rhodes whining!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seem to remember a lot of comments about Nugest being caught flat footed in box. Look at second goal on Friday and see who would have got to ball first if it had come back off post. That's the true mark of a goal poacher and probably one of the biggest differences between Nugent and Rhodes. Rhodes was also partly responsible for first goal. He was all over their defender and helped Ramirez be on his own to get clear header.

I dont rate strikers on goals alone, but amany do, but not even those do it when it comes to Rhodes. He is our new golden boy. Him and Karanka one cant critisise for anything then you are an outcast..... :)

The winky face doesn't make you any less annoying, please just stop with the Rhodes whining!

Thanks for proving me right :)  ll not make another comment about your golden boy again

Nugent has 7+6 this season 13 points He gets a lot of stick whe he miss

Rhodes have 11+1 this season thats 12 points. He is holy and no one is to say anything bad about him missing (he also took penalties at Blackburn)

Thanks for proving me right :)  ll not make another comment about your golden boy again.

I don't care if you do, you've just become the first person on this forum I've ever put on ignore.

Even Naughty Boy didn't manage that :)

well then I guess you dont see what I write now :)

But good for you then, me I can take *** so I dont need to hide, but we are all different

You teached me that Rhodes can miss sitters and no one has the right to mention it. Would be good to have you around to teach me more about things in life but you choose.

I suppose NB dident say any negative about Rhodes, if he had it been different

Talking of penalties, would anyone else feel better having Rhodes on penalties than Leadbitter?

Leadboots is Mr. Consistent and when he hits them well, he really hits them well. In fact, he's only ever missed 2 penalties for us. The first of those was a 4-1 home win against Yeovil in 2013, the second of course being against Cardiff the other week. He's scored 13 out of 15 for us, 21 out of 26 in his career, 0.81 ratio isn't too bad.

Looking at Rhodes, his record is 15 out of 18, a 0.83 ratio of penalties scored. He's only missed 1 out of 15 in the Championship, that was October last season.

So not much difference between the two and it's one of those things that in football, when it works, you really don't change it. If Grant is still missing on Tuesday though and we win one, I think it's for certain who will step up to take it in his absence.

Grant is our penalty taker and I don't think that will change. When he isn't playing it will probably be whichever of Rhodes and Nugent is on the pitch (Rhodes in the event it's both). Remember Bamford was given responsibility last season when Leads didn't play, so it's probably something AK is happy giving to our 'goalscorer'

I would be happy with Downing on them too, but I don't know if he's been a designated penalty taker anywhere since his last season with us.

Right now I think it would do Rhodes good to take them so he get some goals

Come on ladysmith you can't say that about Rhodes :)

Right now I think it would do Rhodes good to take them so he get some goals

Come on ladysmith you can't say that about Rhodes :)

well it was not meant as critisism, but yes you are correct should not say anythung at all

Told you we were ***.

Completely don't understand why you had Joe Mason and Adam Le Fondre on the bench. Sigurdarson looked beyond rubbish, summed up by his effort in the first half.

Told you we were ***.

Completely don't understand why you had Joe Mason and Adam Le Fondre on the bench. Sigurdarson looked beyond rubbish, summed up by his effort in the first half.

Don't get me started. Jackett has chased Joe Mason for over a year, spent £3.5M on him, called him a 'perfect No.10 for my preferred formation', he scored on his debut and then gets dropped for the next two games.

I can understand not playing Alfie though. We play a thrilling brand of hoofball. 4-5-1 with 3 defensive midfielders and converted full backs for wingers, not the kind of formation le Fondre would thrive in.

I like Sigurdarson tbh. He had a stinker on Friday but I'm hesitant to criticize any striker forced to play in our current team.