oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

I don't know if anyone else realised but Ramirez' 2nd goal game in the 56th minute, it's as if the spirit of Ali helped glide the ball into the net. :)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible to attach a picture to a post on here.... or is that feature not really enabled for the obvious hassle it could cause?

Thanks.

Plenty of pics have been posted in the past as long as it is in good taste :)

I agree LS I havent started my love affair with Rhodes yet. He still has a lot to prove to justify his price tag. And he can only prove that with goals and not movement.

My take on last night

Dimi-7 didn't have a lot to do, one save spent most of the match trying to keep warm

Nsue-7 loves getting forward, has to be the most improved player of the year

Kalas- 6 not much to do but looked solid

Gibson-6 same as Kalas, unlucky with the OG

Friend- 6 some good crosses and linked up with Adomah well

Stuani-5 is lost on the wing, his 1st touch was poor

Adomah -9 My MOM never stopped harrying and ran them ragged

Ramirez-8 class act, didn't do a great deal but score 2. That'll do for me

Forshaw-8 always wants to go forward, reminds me of a young Scotty Parker, hope Karanka keeps the Forshaw/Clayton partnership, they compliment each other so well

Clayton-7 Mr Consistant, some great tackles, my player of the season so far

Rhodes-7 unlucky not to score, makes intelligent runs and creates space for others, just needs a goal to cap his performances off

Wolves were poor and offered little, again we failed to kill teams off and made for a nervy last 5 mins, Clayton & Forshaw give us much more attacking threat than when Leadboots plays, Stuani is wasted out on the wing would prefer Downing out there, Ramirez is class and Adomah has got his Mojo back, defensively solid, just hope that we don't get too carried away and take the next 2 away games lightly before the big match against Hull. UTB

Excellent performance we must play Ramirez from now till the end of the season, premiership quality a cut above, Clayton & Forshaw just works its simple as that, you've waited patiently for your chance Adam Forshaw well done, in the side on on merit about time. Adomah MOM, skilful tireless creative superb.

Jordan Rhodes movement off the ball is excellent you can see why he has scored so many, the goals will come, that's what this kid does season after season, scores goals, he'll do the business make no mistake, I'm not even worried constant threat to any defence, the opposition know what he can do he'll be feared.

Having watched 3 of the last 4 games can I just say that those of us who thought that the Leadbitter / Clayton partnership made us sit too deep at times have been proved right. Forshaw in the team moves us forward at a much quicker pace allowing the defensive unit to also step forward making it so much more difficult for the opposition to stay in their trenches. With Ramirez proving to be the missing link in the No10 role, and surely Rhodes luck due to change, then I believe there are real reasons for optimism again.

if Nugent and Kike been rated almsost only on their goals so should Rhodes, abit low to rate Rhodes movement but be completely blind to how Kike and Nugent have played except their goals.

Can't say I've rated either of those players on their goals alone. Nugent runs his defences ragged and creates space for others. Kike worked the ball well around the box, was strong, worked tirelessly.

Rhodes last night was really good in a team where a striker is not always going to live or die by the goals they score, as long as they create space for others and work hard, they'll make space for others.

As we've seen, Rhodes has been in plenty of goalscoring positions, could of had 1 or 2 in each of the games he's played and whilst the system won't always cater to his goalscoring, he's probably been the most consistent in making chances for himself out of the strikers that have played for us this season. Can't think of a game he's played so far where we've come out of it saying "Rhodes hasn't had a chance in the game".

if Nugent and Kike been rated almsost only on their goals so should Rhodes, abit low to rate Rhodes movement but be completely blind to how Kike and Nugent have played except their goals.

? People constantly say Nugent played well because of his work rate and movement? What are you talking about.

If anything Jordan gets the shaft because people try and only rate him on his goals when our other strikers get rated on more.

You expect to get what you pay for.Rhodes cost far more than Nugent and Kike, so expecting some improvement in terms of goals scored is not an unreasonable expectation in my view

You expect to get what you pay for.Rhodes cost far more than Nugent and Kike, so expecting some improvement in terms of goals scored is not an unreasonable expectation in my view

But the point is, he's not disappointed. He's been unlucky and he's still contributed to the team in the absence of his goals. As long as the team is winning games and he's contributing to the team in the wins, I couldn't care less how many goals he scores.