oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolves 2-1

I was GUTTED after the Blackburn game. It really felt like we'd taken a step back (to that dire January form), having had two really good back to back performances.... and kind of blown it.

However, a couple of things have cheered me up today. Firstly I had a look at the Wolves and Hull forums. The Wolves posters clearly rated Boro, and didn't seem to be fancying their chances tomorrow.

Reading the Hull forum, it was like a carbon copy of this one. They weren't confident, and one poster was even saying that he reckoned Hull would be fighting for second spot behind Boro. A couple of posters were saying that their team is short on goals, and that if Hernandez stops scoring they will be stuffed. Another was saying that he /(she) thought that our bad form in January was because of the transfer window, and that once our new players were integrated we'd be bouncing back. Someone else pointed out that despite Boro's bad run we're still right up there. Finally a couple of posters were saying that the Championship is a tough league, and that the Hull fans who thought they should be pulling away at the top were being unrealistic - made it all seem better reading it elsewhere!

The other thing that has cheered me up was last night's Premier League results. ***nal lost at home to Swansea, Spurs with a chance to go top of the league lost away to West Ham, and obviously Man City lost at Liverpool.

It got me thinking.... that despite how it feels sometimes, it's not JUST Boro who lose games that we think we should win, and it's not JUST Boro who lose games when winning them would send us top.

Anyway... I just thought I'd share all that.

I REALLY hope that we win tomorrow night though, as I don't think I'll feel quite so pragmatic if we don't  !!

COME ON BORO........ (please).

Y'see this is more positive thinking, less defeatist, it's what I like to see.

If we do lose at home to Wolves, it's really still not the end of the world. It will be disappointing as every loss of points is when you're chasing the top of the league but with 12 games left after tomorrow, we're still in it and we should be inspiring our team and believe in them to overcome our adversaries because we're damn well good enough to do it.

If we don't go up, it's going to be disappointing regardless of whether we get behind them or not, it will be just as much a kick in the teeth. But we're still in it, there's still everything worth fighting for and we've overcome worse deficits in 90 minutes, never mind 13 games.

COME ON BORO!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell me about it, Betamaxman.

My missus is an ***nal fan, let's just say that last night felt even worse than Tuesday night, in our house! And I thought that I was a bad loser!

Reading between the lines I'm guessing Billy didn't woof last night :(

Think we'll win convincingly, however signs have been there all season that it's only a matter of time before our form come's back around.

2-0 boro

Tell me about it, Betamaxman.

My missus is an ***nal fan, let's just say that last night felt even worse than Tuesday night, in our house! And I thought that I was a bad loser!

Reading between the lines I'm guessing Billy didn't woof last night :(

If you mean that we didn't watch match of the day for the first time in 6 years together and broke our no drinking during the week rule then yes.

Oh and no.

I was GUTTED after the Blackburn game. It really felt like we'd taken a step back (to that dire January form), having had two really good back to back performances.... and kind of blown it.

However, a couple of things have cheered me up today. Firstly I had a look at the Wolves and Hull forums. The Wolves posters clearly rated Boro, and didn't seem to be fancying their chances tomorrow.

Reading the Hull forum, it was like a carbon copy of this one. They weren't confident, and one poster was even saying that he reckoned Hull would be fighting for second spot behind Boro. A couple of posters were saying that their team is short on goals, and that if Hernandez stops scoring they will be stuffed. Another was saying that he /(she) thought that our bad form in January was because of the transfer window, and that once our new players were integrated we'd be bouncing back. Someone else pointed out that despite Boro's bad run we're still right up there. Finally a couple of posters were saying that the Championship is a tough league, and that the Hull fans who thought they should be pulling away at the top were being unrealistic - made it all seem better reading it elsewhere!

The other thing that has cheered me up was last night's Premier League results. ***nal lost at home to Swansea, Spurs with a chance to go top of the league lost away to West Ham, and obviously Man City lost at Liverpool.

It got me thinking.... that despite how it feels sometimes, it's not JUST Boro who lose games that we think we should win, and it's not JUST Boro who lose games when winning them would send us top.

I REALLY hope that we win tomorrow night though, as I don't think I'll feel quite so pragmatic if we don't  !!

If we do lose at home to Wolves, it's really still not the end of the world. It will be disappointing as every loss of points is when you're chasing the top of the league but with 12 games left after tomorrow, we're still in it and we should be inspiring our team and believe in them to overcome our adversaries because we're damn well good enough to do it.

If we don't go up, it's going to be disappointing regardless of whether we get behind them or not, it will be just as much a kick in the teeth. But we're still in it, there's still everything worth fighting for and we've overcome worse deficits in 90 minutes, never mind 13 games.

COME ON BORO!

8 more wins will do it.

We are still in a very good position. I'll take second (unlike the missus).

Take your pragmatic, realistic views elsewhere...they are not appreciated here...

Apologies Humpty. I don't know what came over me. Like I said, I'm sure I won't be feeling so pragmatic if we don't win tomorrow.

Clearly if we DO lose tomorrow night, then Karanka has GOT to go.... and quite frankly we'll be lucky if we stay up.

Cheers.

COME ON BORO !!!

COME ON BORO!

8 more wins will do it.

How are you so sure 8 wins "will do it". Do you expect Burnley Hull et al to win less games than us? I'm not so sure.

COME ON BORO!

8 more wins will do it.

How are you so sure 8 wins "will do it". Do you expect Burnley Hull et al to win less games than us? I'm not so sure.

Hull fans are in the same mood as us as Betamaxman has said, so I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest they might win less games than us. Anything can happen KM, where's your faith man! Do I need to pull out a #Believe on you?

Karanka's explained his outburst re. Fans being happy with 2 strikers despite defeat. He's accused the media of turning him and the crowd against each other and said he stands by his comments because that's all he keeps hearing from fans and friends I.e. We should play with two strikers.

Karanka's explained his outburst re. Fans being happy with 2 strikers despite defeat. He's accused the media of turning him and the crowd against each other and said he stands by his comments because that's all be kept hearing from fans and friends I.e. We should play with two strikers.

Don't think that's really cleared things up. Still not a great thing to say after we lose.

But anyway, a good win tomorrow night to get the positivity back.

Karanka's explained his outburst re. Fans being happy with 2 strikers despite defeat. He's accused the media of turning him and the crowd against each other and said he stands by his comments because that's all be kept hearing from fans and friends I.e. We should play with two strikers.

Well he's right. It's all that gets said on here everytime we don't score

Karanka's comments after Tuesdays match were made by a manager, who would have been frustrated and seething with our lack lustre performance, home truths will have been spoken in the dressing room and heads will roll.

I think the players will have been put through their paces on the training pitch,and I'm taking a 3-0 win, and also, Wolves don't like it on Teesside.

......so it's the gazette's fault KM :)

My comment about winning 8 more games shouldn't be too wide of the mark. 8 wins and 2 draws would see us finish on 90 points.

:D

Also confirmed what everybody should have known from the off, he played with both because he thought it was best for the team, not because of pressure from media / fans. I don't think there was that much of a problem on here because of that but for those who somehow managed to go from questioning his stubbornness to criticising him for 'cracking under pressure' with regards to team selection, that's a big middle finger and rightly so.