oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (A) 0-1

Another kick in the teeth, need to re group and start again. Stop tinkering with the team AK, play your strongest eleven, Rhodes needs to start.

Awful last night, now need six points from Charlton and Hull which is a season defining game without question.

The Hull game shouldn't need to be season defining. Our poor record against lower teams is ridiculous. It seems to be the Boro way, but surely if we tried to raise (or change) our game a bit for these matches, we could be home and dry already!

Burnley now have 42 points (P14, W14) against the bottom eight sides. Boro have 21 points (P13, W6, D3, L4) against the same sides.

Our style of play seems to be equally (in)effective against top or bottom half teams... basically being defensive and nicking a win. Hence we're right up there in second still, despite being fairly inept at putting away sides that are some of the worst in the division.

As I said to Will last night in a discussion, I hope we don't have the best record against the top half teams for the second season in a row..... and fail to go up AGAIN.

As I also said to Will, the top of the league head-to-heads end up not being AS important to our rivals, as they out score us so heavily against the lower sides.

Hmmm.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horrible result last night but I'm not too worried. We should have been 5 up by half time but got caught by a sucker punch. These things happen in football.

Karanka has earned the right to put the team out how he sees fit, and personally I think he got the selection right last night.

Never mind, we're still in a great position and 3 points against charlton on Sunday will make everything rosey again.

I dont agree with people who state that we are defensive. Were just poor at putting the ball in the net. I think we are quite exciting going forward and do put teams under a lot of pressure, but the f00kin ball just wont go in.

What is worrying is this tendency creeping in to let in goals in the last few minutes ( last 3 games ).

Just seen the highlights, we had enough chances to put the game to bed, Nugent 1 on 1 with the keeper, Ramirez free kick hitting the post etc, *** happens, at least we can put it right against Charlton ( hopefully)

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-must-find-cure-inconsistency-11011700

The EG summed it up perfectly

We move on now and hope we do not endure more torture as fans, if possible

Agreed, that article sums up my thoughts and concerns perfectly. Always impressed with Dominic Shaw as a journalist, writes some good and honest stuff.

Absolutely, Trapper. It's all down to fine margins. We lost 1-0, we could have won 1-0 if Ramirez hadn't hit the post.

I'm not sure that we need to question the entire philosophy of the club and its manager when it comes down to the width of a post. If we'd been beaten 4-0 then fair enough, but we weren't and we go again on Sunday.

Half an inch the other way and it's missed the target all together.

I don't buy this fine margins talk. With our squad we should be beating teams comfortably. That's why we've invested £25million. Twenty five million pounds.

Are we reverting to the Boro that existed under Tony Mowbray

Late goals conceded, miss firing strikers, Emnes and Juke. Clever tactics, dominance, but an inability to break teams down. We need to get back om track, before the inevitable desperation tactics are deployed, square pegs for round holes. I think we have already seen signs of that, Nugent at no 10.

Are we reverting to the Boro that existed under Tony Mowbray

Late goals conceded, miss firing strikers, Emnes and Juke. Clever tactics, dominance, but an inability to break teams down. We need to get back om track, before the inevitable desperation tactics are deployed, square pegs for round holes. I think we have already seen signs of that, Nugent at no 10.

We as Fans should be careful what we wish for ......we complain about formation, careful slow play you know all of what we write about. It's a hell of a long season with cup games added to it all, peaks and troughs so all in all I hope we know where the winning post is. UTB

Didn't like the booing at the end of the game last night when a few of the players came over to thank the fans.

I was fuming as much as the next person but I'd never stand there and boo at a player who bothered to show their appreciation. Especially when these are our most passionate players, Clayton, Gibbo, Friend.. I mean booing at Fry, poor lad.

Granted, we should be beating Rotherham but it's not like we were played off the park and had no chances. I have a bitch and a moan about the performance but I can't see how booing can have a positive effect for anybody.

• Like 1

Absolutely, Trapper. It's all down to fine margins. We lost 1-0, we could have won 1-0 if Ramirez hadn't hit the post.

I'm not sure that we need to question the entire philosophy of the club and its manager when it comes down to the width of a post. If we'd been beaten 4-0 then fair enough, but we weren't and we go again on Sunday.

Half an inch the other way and it's missed the target all together.

I don't buy this fine margins talk. With our squad we should be beating teams comfortably. That's why we've invested £25million. Twenty five million pounds.

I don't agree with your comment on fine margins, things aren't that black and white. As for your £25m comment, what is that supposed to mean, are you saying that the more that is spent, the more value for money we should expect? I would claim the opposite. Our record breaking defence of Dimi, Friend, Ayala, Gibson and Nsue must be rubbish because they cost less than £500.00 in total, imagine the defence that we could have had if we'd spent £20m!

Football just doesn't work like that, there are many examples of teams spending a phenomenal amount and not meeting fans expectations, look at Newcastle, Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool.

The money spent on a player, reflects what we as a club were prepared to pay for that player and the sum that the selling club was prepared to accept to let their player go, it has absolutely no relevance to the skill level of the player.

If it was as simple as spending the most money, underdogs would never win and Man City and Chelsea would be top of the Premier League.

Didn't like the booing at the end of the game last night when a few of the players came over to thank the fans.

I was fuming as much as the next person but I'd never stand there and boo at a player who bothered to show their appreciation. Especially when these are our most passionate players, Clayton, Gibbo, Friend.. I mean booing at Fry, poor lad.

Granted, we should be beating Rotherham but it's not like we were played off the park and had no chances. I have a bitch and a moan about the performance but I can't see how booing can have a positive effect for anybody.

^^^^^^this

Thought that was shocking. I was as mad at that 2nd half performance as any other fan there but for us to boo the players when showing appreciation to the fans who turned up, no need at all!