oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (A) 0-1

As with Blackburn, we forget about this and move on. Automatic promotion is still very much in our hands if we can beat one or both of Hull and Burnley.

Seems like Stuani is offering very little at the moment so I think he needs to come out of the team. Whether it's Downing, De Pena or even moving Forshaw forward and bringing Leadboots back in, something needs to be done because he's the one person who I came out of watching the Wolves game thinking he's been a passenger from start to finish and last night has done very little in changing my opinion about that.

The problem with Stuani is he's most effective in the box, there can be no denying that. He's not a winger, you can see it in his play. He wants to get into the box, he wants to shoot at goal and he wants to do it from the middle. Unless we're utilising his effect at the back post, he's barely existent on the right so we either need to get him more involved in the scrap in the middle and give him something to work with or we need to drop him because we seem to lose half of our threat on the right-hand side when he plays.

Why can't we give him a run out at CF? He's our top scorer and has proven to be a cool finisher, he also seems to be liked by AK. I'd bring him in ahead of Nugent and stick Downing on the left.

Indeed, we never know what will happen but it seems Karanka is set on selecting between the two of Nugent and Rhodes for the single striker role.

If we were to go for a proper 4-4-2, I would prefer Stuani up front alongside one of the others. He's a battler, he will surely give the defenders something to think about in the air, especially with Downing and Adomah crossing balls into the box. Nugent and Rhodes are either too similar or Nugent instinctively will act as a deeper forward and be asked to pull back too often.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As with Blackburn, we forget about this and move on. Automatic promotion is still very much in our hands if we can beat one or both of Hull and Burnley.

Seems like Stuani is offering very little at the moment so I think he needs to come out of the team. Whether it's Downing, De Pena or even moving Forshaw forward and bringing Leadboots back in, something needs to be done because he's the one person who I came out of watching the Wolves game thinking he's been a passenger from start to finish and last night has done very little in changing my opinion about that.

The problem with Stuani is he's most effective in the box, there can be no denying that. He's not a winger, you can see it in his play. He wants to get into the box, he wants to shoot at goal and he wants to do it from the middle. Unless we're utilising his effect at the back post, he's barely existent on the right so we either need to get him more involved in the scrap in the middle and give him something to work with or we need to drop him because we seem to lose half of our threat on the right-hand side when he plays.

Why can't we give him a run out at CF? He's our top scorer and has proven to be a cool finisher, he also seems to be liked by AK. I'd bring him in ahead of Nugent and stick Downing on the left.

Indeed, we never know what will happen but it seems Karanka is set on selecting between the two of Nugent and Rhodes for the single striker role.

If we were to go for a proper 4-4-2, I would prefer Stuani up front alongside one of the others. He's a battler, he will surely give the defenders something to think about in the air, especially with Downing and Adomah crossing balls into the box. Nugent and Rhodes are either too similar or Nugent instinctively will act as a deeper forward and be asked to pull back too often.

Out of interest which player would you drop? Would it be one of the 2 holding midfielders or Ramirez?

It's difficult to motivate the players when team spirit has dropped and there is allegedly a disruptive influence in the squad.

If we have a disruptive influence in the squad as alleged then tell him to go and train with the kids, or turf them out could you imagine Big Jack or Bruce Rioch putting up with it, they'd need to phone an ambulance.

It's difficult to motivate the players when team spirit has dropped and there is allegedly a disruptive influence in the squad.

Said who?

Stampy was right all along if this is true, the dressing room is not a happy place. :D

There's too much for me to read through in my dilapidated state of illness so apologies if I'm repeating someone and apologies if it makes little sense but here's my thoughts...

- Teams have figured us out

- Our team hasn't figured itself out

What I mean by this is I don't think we have any team cohesion at the minute, our players are blindly listening to tactics and when something deviates from the (probably very strict) game plan, we don't know where we are. This could be down to Leadbitter not being there and if that's the case, I'm very worried as I don't rate Leadbitter as a midfielder very much at all. 

Other teams are countering our long balls, they know which players to close down, they know where our blind/weak spots are and although I'm not one of the 'omg karnkar play 4-4-2 fgzzz' cronies, I do think something needs to be changed tactically and/or mentally to throw opponents off guard. 

2.  Ayala.

I haven't missed anything this much since Sons of Anarchy finished. I can't be chewed looking at stats etc but I have a feeling this where our clean sheets stopped? I'm starting to think Gibson doesn't have the ability everyone talks him up to having without Ayala being there, this could be a confidence thing?

3. Missed opportunities

I'm embarassed for Nuge, he's missed some absolute sitters in almost every game he plays. I think it was a terrible call on Karankas part benching Rhodes. He may not have found the net properly yet but he's been on the end of every ball we've put into the box without fail yet. That's something we've never had since Bamford, our passes have gone into nowhere. If I was HC, Rhodes would be first name on the team sheet not due to the goals, but because he's always there when we need him and all he has to do is find his footing in the team a little bit and he'll be capitalizing on every ball we feed him. 

In short, I'm worried now. I know we're still in a good position but I think we're going to end up in the playoffs unless the other teams around us start crumbling. I really hope I'm proven wrong. I think we'll win at Charlton but I don't think it will have stopped the rot in a manner of speaking

It's only a rumour but it would explain a few odd selections recently. It's not Downing by the way.

There is a Boro player that apparently has earned the nickname of Asprilla from the rest of the camp.

Care to enlighten us non-ITK scrubs?

I went last night and I was reasonably happy at half time. We looked comfortable and if Nugent had bagged one of his clear cut chances we would have won, I have no doubt.

He should have scored both in my opinion and that should be justification enough for Rhodes to get a run in the side.

The second half was the polar opposite. They made us play it long, turned the game into a battle which we lost all over the pitch. We totally ran out of ideas and nobody stepped up to show their quality.

Very very disappointing.

Saying that Charlton are terrible and I expect us to win that leaving us 10 games with 6 of those at home.

No need to rotate to keep players fresh for the last 10, best team on the pitch week in week out now.

Beat Hull and I still think we will finish top 2.

Out of interest which player would you drop? Would it be one of the 2 holding midfielders or Ramirez?

If I was to go for a 4-4-2, Leadbitter or Clayton would partner Ramirez in the middle. It's trying to find that right balance to keep Ramirez in the team but allow Downing and Adomah to maintain their crosses into the box.

I'm not saying we should play 4-4-2, though. I'm just saying if we went for 2 up front, we should consider Stuani as one of the two rather than seemingly wasting him on the right.

If I was to go for a 4-4-2, Leadbitter or Clayton would partner Ramirez in the middle. It's trying to find that right balance to keep Ramirez in the team but allow Downing and Adomah to maintain their crosses into the box.

I'm not saying we should play 4-4-2, though. I'm just saying if we went for 2 up front, we should consider Stuani as one of the two rather than seemingly wasting him on the right.

Stuani's a big unit, he's a striker for me, love to see Stuani and Rhodes up front, both good in the air, both strong, can score goals, centre backs nightmare. I think Karanka is the only person in Teesside who thinks Stuani is a wide right man, wonder if or when the penny will ever drop.

Haven't been through the thread to have a look what has been said.

I have to say, AK should not be taking any heat for the result last night.

Individual error led to their goal, and we created numerous chances which were not put away.

The only thing i could suggest in hindsight is Rhodes might have buried some of those chances.

AK cannot put the ball in the net for the players. AK cannot step in and fix the error which led to the goal.

It's only a rumour but it would explain a few odd selections recently. It's not Downing by the way.

There is a Boro player that apparently has earned the nickname of Asprilla from the rest of the camp.

Care to enlighten us non-ITK scrubs?

I though the Asprilla clue would point you in the right direction.

I heard a rumour that Rhodes has been given that nickname and that his arrival has disrupted the dressing room. The layers aren't happy that he isn't pulling his weight in training.

It would explain why he's not getting much game time, it may be just a rumour but it would make sense.

I get the impression that the original deal fell through because of Kike's reluctance to join Wolves.

Gibbo was know to have wanted Kike off the wage bill so that Rhodes could come in, AK wasn't so keen.

The players loved Kike so Rhodes was always going to have a hard time coming in, especially as the coaches' nephew. It may be rubbish but it's not the most far-fetched thing that I've ever been told.

It has took me from last night to now to recover enough to watch the highlights of last night, if indeed you can call them that! I see that the Gazette are claiming that Karanka said, (along with his ``they had more desire``quote), that he is not concerned due to the fact that we are still second. I would just like to point out that I as an individual supporter I am deeply concerned, as I am now of the belief that along with one dimensional tactics and `swapping and dropping` that you can add dressing room morale to the that list. I might pull out of this mood in a couple of days but I am feeling pretty let down at the moment, pass me some of the stuff in your half full glass please Billy Woof.