Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many sheets need changing, I think.

In what respect Prowler, Gwen Stuani believes that the players were responsible for last nights defeat whereas Humpty and I believe that the management carries the can. Seems a perfectly reasonable debate between parties with a different view, do you wish to add anything ?

• Like 1

Still very dissapointed after last night and still cant get my head around how, even though we failed to convert chances, went from complete control first half, to utter garbage in the second. Whats being said in these half time talks? Why do we look as though we're sat mid table with nothing to play for? The passion and desire,along with the willingness to take a game by the scruff of the neck and win ugly against an abysmal side is none existant. I'm against changing a winning side, and 'resting' players after a game or two. But at the end of the day the players that come in should do a job. We dont look like a title winning side, havent for a long while, and karanka hasn't learnt the mistakes from his first full season in charge. Im deflated by the fact I feel its just going to be the heartache of playoffs again.

I have to say the above comments are completely reasonable.

Where you at the game prowler? If so, was that not the worst half of football you've seen all season? If not, take it from us, it was pathetic!

At this late stage in the season we cannot afford to be dropping points with the lower league teams and like t-cider says, just like last season we are floundering. Has AK learned anything from last season? Its not looking at the moment like he has.

Last 10 games (form) Notice the top 3 teams, and where we are............

12814535_10209054120533640_1294720982425357628_n.jpg?oh=43b113c080138a02e220dccd80f0bffd&oe=574EB7C8

I have to say the above comments are completely reasonable.

Where you at the game prowler? If so, was that not the worst half of football you've seen all season? If not, take it from us, it was pathetic!

At this late stage in the season we cannot afford to be dropping points with the lower league teams and like t-cider says, just like last season we are floundering. Has AK learned anything from last season? Its not looking at the moment like he has.

Last 10 games (form) Notice the top 3 teams, and where we are............

12814535_10209054120533640_1294720982425357628_n.jpg?oh=43b113c080138a02e220dccd80f0bffd&oe=574EB7C8

I was cringing listening to the 2nd half commentary last night, so what you were going through in the stands I shudder to think, and I agree despite an arguably stronger squad than last season the tinker man has learned very little.

Rotherham where all over us from the kick off of the 2nd half we didn't get a foot in the game again until after we conceded. Stuani was a passenger this game and I personally cannot remember him influencing the game at all, even during the dominant first half.

AK simply reacted too slowly to sub Stuani and Nugent, didn't really attempt a significant tactical change to counter the 4141 change to formation Rotherham did 2nd half.

It could be said Nugent should have buried at least 1 of his chances 1st half, would it of been a different game? Probably. Would we of won? Can't be said. Did AK's delayed reaction to the tactical change by Rotherham half time lead to them then dominating the whole of the 2nd half. Almost certainly!

For me AK is responsible for motivating the players and team tactics. Both directly lead to the poor 2nd half showing and defeat. For me, this game, falls on AKs lap.

3 games now he has said that the other team wanted it more than us. That's 3 times too many!

If he can't motivate them after last years heartache then we are in trouble.

If AK is failing to motivate his players to go out on the pitch and beat relegation candidates time and time again then I am sorry but I think it's time to say goodbye in the summer.

Is this in general or if we don't go up?

If AK took us up and was sacked it would be up there with Brentford sacking Mark Warburton.

We will go up this season. 

Brighton have gone back to begin draw merchants. Hull are very similar to us run wise (worse even).

I've stated this before, I have seen nothing to suggest we will not go up this season. As people point out we play better against the bigger teams. Burnley, Hull and Brighton will be crucial. Win those and Rotheram will be long forgotten.

Bournemouth & Watford were the bigger teams this stage last season and we waved the white flag soon as we kicked off.

Bournemouth & Watford were the bigger teams this stage last season and we waved the white flag soon as we kicked off.

Burnley and Hull aren't as good as Bournemouth and Watford were. Burnley have only won FOUR matches all season against anyone above 15th in the league. Hull, whilst good when we played them at their place, seem to be a bit hit or miss, rather like ourselves.

I can't disagree with much there Tom. Good assessment.

Glad to see you're still talking sense even without your long locks..:D

Haha! Hopefully the opposite - I'll be able to think more coherently with more oxygen getting to my brain :D

Also, Karanka is the head coach,not the manager.

/pedantic

It's the exact same thing, just a different name. Don't know why you keep saying it, what point are you trying to prove exactly?

Burnley and Hull aren't as good as Bournemouth and Watford were. Burnley have only won FOUR matches all season against anyone above 15th in the league. Hull, whilst good when we played them at their place, seem to be a bit hit or miss, rather like ourselves.

Burnley's on a superb 14 or 15 match unbeaten run, including beating Hull and thrashing Derby, its not about the quality of teams from last season, its about doing it when you have it to do. I hope we do beat both of them, but Burnley battle that's why they keep winning, we haven't seen much of that from our lot of late.

Bernie Slaven's column in the gazette," Rotation isn't working, Rhodes should start every game from now till the end of the season, you don't score 20 odd goals in your last 4 seasons if your not a natural goal scorer"

100% spot on Bernie Slaven.

Yes the loss was very disappointing, but we need to focus on the right gap.

The right gap isnt between us and Burnley, its between us and Brighton/Hull.

We are still 2 points ahead of Brighton in 3rd having played a game less.

Burnley cannot keep winning at the rate they are, but our game against them now becomes must win rather than must not lose.

Hope is not lost yet!

Well after Sunday our run in will get a lot easier as we then only have one game left against the bottom 4, although that is away. I really can't fathom us out. It does feel very much like last season yet it shouldn't with the investment made. I have gone from expecting promotion in January to not wanting to think about it now. I can see both sides of the argument about Karanka and Rhodes/Nugent. I haven't git a clue what the answer is, other than with only 11 games to go we should not be tinkering with formations. The other thing about selections though is in April we have 8 games I think. We will have to rotate then surely.

Bernie Slaven's column in the gazette," Rotation isn't working, Rhodes should start every game from now till the end of the season, you don't score 20 odd goals in your last 4 seasons if your not a natural goal scorer"

100% spot on Bernie Slaven.

I understand the argument, but why should Aitor all of a sudden change his underlying philosophy just because of Jordan Rhodes (although admittedly £7 mil does put a certain pressure on said philosophy).

The motto of the team, ever since the arrival of Karanka, has largely been to play those who are in-form. And in addition to that, no one is above the team. I think this shows with Rhodes, Downing, and other players I most likely forgot all about. 

Bernie Slaven, for me, has always been clever in hindsight, as are we all. I don't think anyone can blame Karanka for the loss - Players are missing chances that has absolutely nothing to do with team selection, system or the likes. By the sounds of it, Rhodes has missed several sitters, Nugent did yesterday and apparently so did Ramirez (?)

Also, I have no idea what I'm trying to say.

Yes the loss was very disappointing, but we need to focus on the right gap.

The right gap isnt between us and Burnley, its between us and Brighton/Hull.

We are still 2 points ahead of Brighton in 3rd having played a game less.

Burnley cannot keep winning at the rate they are, but our game against them now becomes must win rather than must not lose.

Hope is not lost yet!

with ya all the way on those points mate............but theres something wrong , i didnt want to believe it but last night re-enforced my worries .  aloss to Charlton (though personally i think we will win comfortably) should pretty much cement my bad feelings.

its beginning to move from a few losses being a blip to the odd win giving false hope the way things are panning out,