oneBoro Forum

Boro v Rotherham (A) 0-1

Nobody is saying that AK didn't want them, just that Steve Gibson wanted them more.

I can't agree, Downing had a desire to come to this club, it will have been run past Karanka, and he will have approved, Gibbo will have chatted with Karanka about both signings and I'll bet if Karanka as manager and head coach said he didn't fancy either Rhodes or Downing they wouldn't be here.

Steve Gibson is an astute chairman why bring players in that the manager doesn't want it causes problems and conflict straight away, Gibbo's a football man not some idiot owner who hasn't got a clue.

I can't believe some fans have come to this conclusion about our superb owner and chairman, I think its shocking.

Come on, you can agree, just think about the bigger picture for a minute.

When Karanka joined, he joined us as a head coach one of the first things that he pointed out was that he had a say in transfer activity but so did several other people. I'm not sure why you see Gibbo's involvement as a bad thing. It's just the way that modern football is.

As you say, Steve Gibson is a football man who will have opinions on what the team needs, he's not in it to make money.

You are insinuating that I don't believe that Steve Gibson is a good owner, that's not the case he is an excellent owner and chairman and hopefully he'll be with the club for ever, AK won't.

Gibbo had his fingers burnt when he gave Strachan carte blanche to sign half the Scottish premier league he won't do that again. It took Mowbray 3 years to get shot of those underachievers and their massive wages, it mean he wasn't able to re-invest. Gibbo not only wants us to be promoted, he also wants to buy players that can be re-sold for a decent fee.

This has all been reported in the media over the last few years.

Karanka would have known the way the transfer committee was going to operate before he took the job and before he extended his contract. He's not going to say no to a 20 goal a season striker now is he?

I really do think that had AK been the man insisting that we signed Rhodes then he would make sure that he was starting him every week, AK is far too stubborn not to.

NB.  * Can I reiterate that this post is not an attack on our owner.*

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'd think that this "stupid rotation crap" was a new thing and that we've never had any success whatsoever with it the way some of you go on.  :rolleyes:

Clayton and Grant play basically every bloody minute together, he's not shy for not rotating when it suits him.

Rotating your 9m striker in and out of the team is insanity.

But we've had almost no injuries this yr.  that is probably due to the rotation

Again, Clayton and Grant have basically played every single minute together until Claytons suspension (league games anyway). That's not rotation.

Nobody is saying that AK didn't want them, just that Steve Gibson wanted them more.

I can't agree, Downing had a desire to come to this club, it will have been run past Karanka, and he will have approved, Gibbo will have chatted with Karanka about both signings and I'll bet if Karanka as manager and head coach said he didn't fancy either Rhodes or Downing they wouldn't be here.

Steve Gibson is an astute chairman why bring players in that the manager doesn't want it causes problems and conflict straight away, Gibbo's a football man not some idiot owner who hasn't got a clue.

I can't believe some fans have come to this conclusion about our superb owner and chairman, I think its shocking.

When Karanka joined, he joined us as a head coach one of the first things that he pointed out was that he had a say in transfer activity but so did several other people. I'm not sure why you see Gibbo's involvement as a bad thing. It's just the way that modern football is.

As you say, Steve Gibson is a football man who will have opinions on what the team needs, he's not in it to make money.

You are insinuating that I don't believe that Steve Gibson is a good owner, that's not the case he is an excellent owner and chairman and hopefully he'll be with the club for ever, AK won't.

Gibbo had his fingers burnt when he gave Strachan carte blanche to sign half the Scottish premier league he won't do that again. It took Mowbray 3 years to get shot of those underachievers and their massive wages, it mean he wasn't able to re-invest. Gibbo not only wants us to be promoted, he also wants to buy players that can be re-sold for a decent fee.

Karanka would have known the way the transfer committee was going to operate before he took the job and before he extended his contract. He's not going to say no to a 20 goal a season striker now is he?

I really do think that had AK been the man insisting that we signed Rhodes then he would make sure that he was starting him every week, AK is far too stubborn not to.

Its been pointed out that of course Gibson has the final say on transfers, he's the man with his hands on the purse strings, but the final say on whether or not the player fits player would be Karanka.

Kike, Stuani, Nsue, Nugent, De Pena, Forshaw, Clayton are all Karanka's signings, players that Karanka's scouting  network will have been monitoring, Gibson will have approved the transfers on Karanka's recommendation not the other way round.

Its been pointed out that of course Gibson has the final say on transfers, he's the man with his hands on the purse strings, but the final say on whether or not the player fits player would be Karanka.

Kike, Stuani, Nsue, Nugent, De Pena, Forshaw, Clayton are all Karanka's signings, players that Karanka's scouting  network will have been monitoring, Gibson will have approved the transfers on Karanka's recommendation not the other way round.

I agree those are all Karanka's signings.

You'd think that this "stupid rotation crap" was a new thing and that we've never had any success whatsoever with it the way some of you go on.  :rolleyes:

Clayton and Grant play basically every bloody minute together, he's not shy for not rotating when it suits him.

Rotating your 9m striker in and out of the team is insanity.

But we've had almost no injuries this yr.  that is probably due to the rotation

Again, Clayton and Grant have basically played every single minute together until Claytons suspension (league games anyway). That's not rotation.

Clayton has been left out on occasions and they've both been suspended. But maybe they are the sort of player that doesn't need a rest. The medical dept will tell AK if any player is in risk of an injury

What success has it brought us?

are you for real?

dear god  :(