oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton Athletic (A) 0-2

Urgh, could do with a good few months without seeing us play again tbh

^^^ I rather feel the same. Come Sunday afternoon I probably won't be able to stop myself!!

After our back to back wins against Brighton, Shef.Wed, and Derby in Dec/Jan, I really thought that we were almost there. Genuinely thought that we could pull away from the rest like Leicester, Newcastle, West Brom of previous seasons.

It's like I'd learned nothing from 35+ years of supporting Boro!!

absolutely this .....sums my thoughts up.... to  the word

a large section of belief died on tuesday night ..... we can and should easily win this game  .  if we turn in yet another insipid display serious questions will have to be answered

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I rather feel the same. Come Sunday afternoon I probably won't be able to stop myself!!

After our back to back wins against Brighton, Shef.Wed, and Derby in Dec/Jan, I really thought that we were almost there. Genuinely thought that we could pull away from the rest like Leicester, Newcastle, West Brom of previous seasons.

a large section of belief died on tuesday night ..... we can and should easily win this game  .  if we turn in yet another insipid display serious questions will have to be answered

Looks like a lot of fans have lost confidence in AK, quite sad really. He has so much potential to become a GREAT manager but his constant tinkering and his failure to learn from previous mistakes stretching back to last season is stabbing him in the back again and again.

Gibbo must be banging his head against the wall.

Looks like a lot of fans have lost confidence in AK, quite sad really. He has so much potential to become a GREAT manager but his constant tinkering and his failure to learn from previous mistakes stretching back to last season is stabbing him in the back again and again.

We get it KM, you don't like him. Talk about damning someone with faint praise.

As Humpty said earlier this week, stop the tinkering, play your strongest team, we have two games before a break, no excuses the BEST team has to play.

That means Rhodes up front without question, how can we not play Rhodes who is statiscally the best goal scorer in the Championship over a good number of seasons, he needs to get a regular run of games, this swapping Rhodes for Nugent is hopeless.

We need to win well on Sunday to get everyone back on side and in good shape for the Hull game, Hull have a midweek game as well next week so if any team needs to rest players it should be them.  

Humptys team is the one I would go with, please Aitor, please.

We get it KM, you don't like him. Talk about damning someone with faint praise.

I do like him man. :D

Jesus Christ mate, some rational thought please.

have fans actually lost confidence in him or they just frustrated because we didnt win on Tuesday? We are 2nd in the league.

Like an arrow we strike - stronger than all

Boro troops on the rise

Like an arrow of might - stronger than all

We'll walk through fire, we're true to ourselves and our lives

Come and fly with us, together as one we belong

This magic of Boro unites us, it's making us strong

blank verse is a curse

and whilst I'm not averse

to a spot of straight talk

I really think that we ought

to follow Unger's lead

and dare I say only read,

posts written in rhyme

if for only this time.

Please don't post team line-ups,

or deliberate wind ups

This thread works better you see,

if it's all poetry.

'Gibbo must be banging his head against the wall.'

Or maybe, just maybe Gibson has a bit of sense about him and knows that running away with the league isn't a requirement, and that with 11 games to go and sitting in second place isn't THAT bad. I'm sure he will also recall that there have been far more extraordinary comebacks in his time, and that us going on another run is more than possible.

I can only say I'm fully of worry

If that little Spanish man

Puts Rhodes on the bench in a hurry

Our season from now may start to drop

If we do not close that gap at the top

First place may now be out of our grip

If we do not get over this ridiculous blip

Second place, we may start to ponder

O what is this over yonder?

Offered a chance of a playoff place

I fear we just may lose the race

Whence at the end of the match not happily humming

If nary a goal is forthcoming

Our team should be subject to a bumming

by a bald lady named Steve whilst Red Faction are drumming.

'Gibbo must be banging his head against the wall.'

Or maybe, just maybe Gibson has a bit of sense about him and knows that running away with the league isn't a requirement, and that with 11 games to go and sitting in second place isn't THAT bad. I'm sure he will also recall that there have been far more extraordinary comebacks in his time, and that us going on another run is more than possible.

Can't believe my eyes, someone with a bit of sense!