• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

There could be a shock inclusion on Sunday, Karanka may prefer 2 defensive midfielders with Julien De sart in the starting 11 at the expense of Forshaw, with Downing back on the left, and Stuani on the bench,

Its just a thought, wouldn't be a surprise to me though.

Bit of an outside call, but for this game I'd like to see Nugent LM, Stuani RM, Gaston/Downing centre and Rhodes up top. The width would be provided by De Laet/Friend on the left and Nsue right, and you have three strikers in and around the box for crosses and stuff.

Wouldn't work against the big guns because you'd lose a bit of defensive cover if the full backs were attacking more, but against the teams who are fighting relegation (Rotherham, Charlton) it could work, I reckon

From a purely personal perspective. I hope AK isn't reading this forum anymore. You know what happened when we called for 442 with two strikers. Where would you play Adomah?

It's not 442 though, it's the same formation we play now but with a narrow three behind the striker. I did say it was an outside idea

Bit of an outside call, but for this game I'd like to see Nugent LM, Stuani RM, Gaston/Downing centre and Rhodes up top. The width would be provided by De Laet/Friend on the left and Nsue right, and you have three strikers in and around the box for crosses and stuff.

Wouldn't work against the big guns because you'd lose a bit of defensive cover if the full backs were attacking more, but against the teams who are fighting relegation (Rotherham, Charlton) it could work, I reckon

If I was you, I'd stay away from the idea that Gaston could ever be dropped for Downing on this board. Stick Nugent at left-back and Stuani in goal but never even hint at dropping Gaston for Downing. Some on here would have a bloody fit if Downing came in for Gaston on Sunday. :D :D

Leadbitter is back so I doubt we'll see De Sart.

Well if Leadbitters back then yep he'll be in, nowt so certain.

Leadbitter won't be risked, saving him for Hull.

If we can't beat Charlton without him we might as well give up.

If I was you, I'd stay away from the idea that Gaston could ever be dropped for Downing on this board. Stick Nugent at left-back and Stuani in goal but never even hint at dropping Gaston for Downing. Some on here would have a bloody fit if Downing came in for Gaston on Sunday. :D :D

Why would Karanka consider dropping Ramirez, regardless of whether it was for Downing or anyone else for that matter, Ramirez has been excellent, it would be hard for any Boro fan to understand the logic in it, Gaston's in the side on merit.

Why would Karanka consider dropping Ramirez, regardless of whether it was for Downing or anyone else for that matter, Ramirez has been excellent, it would be hard for any Boro fan to understand the logic in it, Gaston's in the side on merit.

well he might want Ramirez to be fresh against Hull. Karanka dont belive attacking players can play 3 straight matches :-P

Leadbitter is back so I doubt we'll see De Sart.

Well if Leadbitters back then yep he'll be in, nowt so certain.

Leadbitter won't be risked, saving him for Hull.

If we can't beat Charlton without him we might as well give up.

I don't think Karanka will see it as too much of a risk, he trusts Leadbitter enough to avoid a booking. I expect he'll prefer his captain fit and in the side for the next game. It's not as if Leadbitter is risking aggravating an injury by playing.

You win the game in front of you first, after all. You think about Hull after that. And I assume Karanka would see winning at Charlton made easier with his captain on the pitch.

I never said he should drop him for Downing or anyone else. I'm saying if he did, some people would start throwing their toys out of the pram before kick-off again. I wouldn't understand dropping Ramirez right now either but if Karanka did it, I would trust he'd be able to justify it somehow. We don't see the team all week like he does...

11 cup fi... (wont go there our record in finals is poor)

11 big games left.

Charlton is a massive game nothing short of a win will suffice. We only need another 33 points to guarantee promotion :). I think a minimum of 24 points will do if they include wins vs Hull Brighton and Burnley.

I would go with this team to start

Dimi

Nsue

Gibson

Kalas/de Laet

Friend

Clayton

Forshaw (although I think Leadbitter will come back in)

Ramirez

Adomah

Downing

Rhodes

I'm off for a weekend break with Mrs Aaron. Our hotel has sky so we will be watching the game. I don't want to be disappointed with the result. So message to Rhodes or Nugent, put the bloody ball in the net.

UTB

Agree I've had enough ruined weekends and Tuesday nights recently, time to change things and get back to our winning ways.

Can either MK Dons or Huddersfield do us a favour? probably not.