oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton Athletic (A) 0-2

I mentioned it before but it was in a big post so will say again.

Does anyone find it kind of ridiculous that with the money we have spent we find ourselves in a position of having to play a 17 year old at CB who clearly is not ready . Despite his long term absence we have to question the decision to send out Baptiste and even send back amorebieta with no like for like replacement. Extremely bad management in my opinion

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We re gonna be in the play offs at any rate. We can still win auto but on present form not looking likely. Its difficult to get behind a team when we dont know whats going on. Is it the players, manager or chairman. Obviously something very wrong. Where its heading we cant do anything about. Just have remember its not life or death its a game of over paid men kicking a ball. Take things into context. I'll be boro till i die regardless of the league we are in, the players we have, manager or chairman. UTB

Ummm we looked a bit average today, bordering on poor against a team that are and looked poor also.

I will not go the lows of some and rant on about the rights and wrongs of it all because it's easy where we are.

For some reason I can't 'rate' posts - maybe i'm too new but two good posts.

What I normally do in times like these - shove in my Boro FM game - 15 consecutive Premier Leagues and 14 consecutive Champions Leagues - that'll show 'em!

I mentioned it before but it was in a big post so will say again.

Does anyone find it kind of ridiculous that with the money we have spent we find ourselves in a position of having to play a 17 year old at CB who clearly is not ready . Despite his long term absence we have to question the decision to send out Baptiste and even send back amorebieta with no like for like replacement. Extremely bad management in my opinion

He's done ok.  He isn't the reason we've lost today and in general you'll find that when teams struggle the younger players confidence will take the biggest hit because they don't have the self confidence yet from knowing they can do it over a period of time at that level.

With regards to the CB situation - i'd have Friend move in from LB as he can play as CB and did at other clubs and i'd get Husband back (possible?) to play LB if there are no other options. Even Kalas has played there although Kalas at CB and Friend LB makes more sense than playing a 17 yo at a time of great difficulties but hopefully Ayala is on his way back.

I'd make Clayton captain. Even if he's having a bad game at least you know the lad tries.

Me too Clayton for Captain all the way. He wasn't at his best today but he definitely WAS BOTHERED, more than could be said for Leadbitter. At this time we need leaders, Leadbitter/Gibson today showed that they where far from leaders.

Oh and while I'm at it why Leadbitter walked back into that team over forshaw I do not know !

Leadbitter plays the boring safe passes that our coaching team love, but Forshaw actually tries some adventurous balls now which they seem to think are worse than Hitler. As a result, Forshaw only ever plays in injury situations or for laughably small amounts of time at the end of games. 

Honestly Forshaw & Gaston (along with Fabbrini earlier in the season) seem to be the only players that don't succumb to this dreary style of play.

Couldn't agree more.

The way he slows a game down when he gets on the ball makes me want to cry it's so frustrating.

To be fair though the amount of mistakes out on that pitch today we really didn't need anyone else on the pitch losing possession for us. Our passing was brutal today and our team communication failed us. All too often a ball was passed into space but no run was made or the run was made but the ball passed to where the player was.

It was a dire game and pretty much sums up the last few days of Middlesbrough football club go be honest.

I love my club and support them all the way but times like this are extremely frustrating to the fans. It feels like your company announcing there will be layoffs but then making you wait over a long weekend to find out if your job is safe or not. That sense of impending doom / disaster is what WE ARE ALL feeling no matter our position on the whole AK Temper, AK personal life, players revolt, Downing kerfuffle is.

Hopefully some news will come out of the club and they won't make us wait until Tuesday afternoon.